• You cannot reply to this topic

New position. Grenadier What do you think? Rate Topic: -----

#361 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

IN addition, I should revive this thread with all the points on the first page.
My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

#362 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

Awesome... I may have to go back and find the oldest thread I can, post in that, and beat all these necro-posts with the epicest necro-post ever! :P :tup:
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

#363 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

I don't pay that much attention to official Spec Ops positions, but I would support the addition of Grenadier.

However, I think grenadier would just be anyone with a grenade launcher. You could probably bypass the cost of hand grenades by just making them out of something like sections of iner-tube and rubber bands (I think I heard something about that on these forums) but I don't see a guy running around with a bunch of hand grenades as being that useful.

Grenades are special purpose devices used for providing indirect fire on people behind cover that you can't shoot directly. I don't think it's that much of an issue that you would ever need someone who's sole job was to carry hand grenades for that purpose. Anyone can get a hand grenade and just handle their own indirect fire needs or just maneuver to get the line of sight they need, I don't see much need for a specialized role there. But the enhanced capabilities and relative rarity of a full on grenade launcher make it a specialty almost by default.

Basically anyone can carry and use grenades, so need for a special grenade player. Not everybody is going to have a grenade launcher and it enhances the capabilities of the marker to the point that it makes a lot more sense for this to be the Grenadier position.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#364 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

View PostShipwreck!, on 27 April 2011 - 02:40 AM, said:

I don't pay that much attention to official Spec Ops positions, but I would support the addition of Grenadier.

However, I think grenadier would just be anyone with a grenade launcher. You could probably bypass the cost of hand grenades by just making them out of something like sections of iner-tube and rubber bands (I think I heard something about that on these forums) but I don't see a guy running around with a bunch of hand grenades as being that useful.

Grenades are special purpose devices used for providing indirect fire on people behind cover that you can't shoot directly. I don't think it's that much of an issue that you would ever need someone who's sole job was to carry hand grenades for that purpose. Anyone can get a hand grenade and just handle their own indirect fire needs or just maneuver to get the line of sight they need, I don't see much need for a specialized role there. But the enhanced capabilities and relative rarity of a full on grenade launcher make it a specialty almost by default.

Basically anyone can carry and use grenades, so need for a special grenade player. Not everybody is going to have a grenade launcher and it enhances the capabilities of the marker to the point that it makes a lot more sense for this to be the Grenadier position.

We raised and worked around all of these points good sir and found many practical applications for a grenadier in traditional woodsball like the special ops based positions. It's all in the thread. I'll be sure to sift through it and provide the entire collected research into one post so people can simply refer to the first post of a thread.

#365 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

Wow. There's a reason this thread hasn't been posted in in 4.5 years... the horse had already been beat to death. Does anyone really need a position added to the currently non-existent Brigade?
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#366 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

View Postger, on 01 May 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

Wow. There's a reason this thread hasn't been posted in in 4.5 years... the horse had already been beat to death. Does anyone really need a position added to the currently non-existent Brigade?

Very true, although it could help bring up their publicity when the time is right and help them push all kinds of hard goods like launchers, nades, new markers, all that jazz. If they can make a specialized marker for a specialized position like the overly expensive Hammer, then they can look at the more cost effective grenadier and see that it's worth it.

#367 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

The use of the "shell and flame" by the Ordnance Corps dates back to 1832; it is considered to be the oldest branch insignia of the Army. Similar insignia had been used by the British Army. After its adoption by the American Army, the design was used by the Artillery as well as the Ordnance until 1834 when the crossed cannon was adopted by the Artillery. In 1835, the shell and flame was used on a button for members of the Ordnance Corps and the design had been used in various items worn on the uniform since it was first adopted. The simplicity of the shell and flame harmonizes with the armament of days gone by, while the action it connotes is applicable with equal force to the weapons of today.

This is just to back up the originol poster. At one time the person throwing the grenade was the highest honor. The insignia spoken above is just one of many stories. The grenadier would hold a lit grenade until the enemy was close enough to be seen so they could throw. These guys were the only troops that wore this insignia embroidered onto their shirts as a sign of honor. Plus they had a short life span,due to fuses not always working as planned.

I think the position should be added as new. Expense would be a bit, but if you are like me and own your own machines or make your own,it can work out well.

Later,
Blackrain:)

This post has been edited by blackrain: 06 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users