• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advantages? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sweetlou 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

Right now I'm looking into mag fed guns and I've narrowed it down to two options. T68 gen4 or an AT-4. Everyone who owns an ATS gun says they are amazing but are they really worth the price? With the gen4 I'm getting 4 extra mags, 2 5oz co2 tanks, and a tac vest for $700. An at4 with 2 extra mags, molle vest, 2 mag pouiches, and a tac sling is $965. The at4 would have fewer rounds and still be more expensive and the gen4 is more realistic looking. The only advantages I see for the at4 are full auto and a higher mag capacity even though they cost more. Is the at4 even worth it?

This post has been edited by sweetlou: 21 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:31 AM

I'm going to go AT-4. The reason being is that the RAP valve system for the gen4 is marginal at best. It uses your standard low-end stacked tube valve system that you find in everything from Spyders to Piranhas. If you do use the gen4, you need to find a way to keep liquid CO2 out of the system. The valve system will be rather inefficient, and inconsistent. But if the real gun look is what you are going for, it will get you there inexpensively.

The AT-4 is actually a very nicely performing marker. It is a pneumatic marker, like an Autococker, but it uses the nelson valve system rather than the Sheridan. Very unique. The system allows for more consistent velocities being that it has an internal regulator, and better trigger ergonomics, but you will need to use HPA as a propellant. It will perform nicely and look the part.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   sweetlou 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the input piller. I had no doubt that the at4 would be higher performance I was just wondering if the added performace would be worth it, because my entire budget would be spent on the at4, 4mags, tac vest, mag puches, an hpa tank, and a sling. As for the liquid co2 issue with the gen4 I could always get an anti-siphon tube or hpa. Right now I am using a stacked tube blowback so I wouldn't be downgrading. I also like the idea of the gen4 not needing a remote line. I like the added details that make the gen4 more realistic. The at4 sort of bugs me because the looks are slightly off just like the gen5. But if the added performance of the at4 is actually worth $300 extra I'll get it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users