Special Ops Paintball: Clear full face shield - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Clear full face shield A mask you can see out of...

#46 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

The clear lenses on the Angel Eyes look weird, with the nose showing and stuff. The mirrored lenses look like something from Halo: ODST
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#47 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on 22 August 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

I have used a lightsabre on the field before....
Scenario game a few months back:

"AHHH!!! I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!!"

Very cool way to end a scenario!
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#48 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

May the Schwartz be with you!

BRAIN TRUST!

I don't like the sound of the clear lenses the pic with the mirrored lens was awesome though. Seems like it would have a dope field of view either way! We just need more mask makers to be more imaginative with their lens design to get better fields of view, there's a million different ways this could be done, but everyone is just going with the same old goggle recipie and just changing up their face shield for looks.

But then again if everyone came out with their own proprietary lens systems on one hand it would be great to see innovative designs BUT the lack of standardization would suck for us. Meh. Maybe I should just hack up my old MCU2P to make it easier to breath in, attach some ear protection and play with that haha!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#49 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Is there much standardization anyway? How much crossover is there between mask companies now?
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#50 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

virtually none. You can barely use the same aftermarket straps, if not at all. I'm all for innovation and I feel that Angel Eyes, though weird looking, is a step in the right direction. I was watching some reviews of the prototypes, and one remarked that the Profilers had a wider field of view.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#51 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

That bad huh? I've never really shelled out the cash for the latest uber goggs, The masks I stumble upon mostly all just have the same basic goggle. But then the mounting holes for the mask part are often different so I guess you're right.

The best mask I ever had was the old basic Scott mask, it looked cool as hell, and the visor came off to accomodate my boonie hat which I alwasy apreciated. I haven't found a mask since that I liked the look of half as much. But if I could get that old facemask with a wide view goggle lens, that would be dope.

Can't find the old scott mask for sale anywhere, except online at the RAP4 store and it's like $50 as compared to the $20 I picked it up for from walmart like 7 years ago :dry:
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#52 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Well, saying the profilers have a wider field of view doesn't mean much, Profilers are friggin awesome. Best mask I've used.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 User is offline   VirtusMaster 

• Et Si Omnes Ego Non
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:VirtusMaster

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

Sheesh. I leave a thread for a few weeks and... Totally high-jacked!

Just kidding.... but really. I appreciate what you military folks do for the country.

So, with all this babble about masks with good peripheral, which one is the best?? Is there one that is more afordable that others?

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users