• You cannot reply to this topic

dueling help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

I just recently bought a tpx and haven't used it yet on the field. Got invited to a dueling match next saturday at my field and I need some help. What would be some things to practice on. I know I need some speed and accuracy improvement, have been working on that but, is there anything else I could do to improve my chances.

This post has been edited by dextonik: 17 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

Get your quick draw skills down fast, or snap shooting, so that you are quick when you need to turn and fire.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

View PostLegato, on Jun 18 2010, 01:26 AM, said:

Get your quick draw skills down fast, or snap shooting, so that you are quick when you need to turn and fire.

this..

i did intend on participating in the tippmann challenge at living legends, but when i found out they were not doing the whole draw from the holster thing(you just held the marker at your side), i decided not too, but one thing i heard was that the paint was bouncing like crazy, so try and find out the distance between players, measure that out and set up a target @ head level, and have a friend tell you when to "GO!" and just keep practicing that head shot if you can.

now i notice some players will squat down and fire (to decrease their profile) so if someone pulls that be sure you can respond to that quickly and try to drop down before he shoots you in the nuts.

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 17 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#4 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

I'd practice on one of these...just in case it's not the type of duel you're thinking of... :rolleyes:

Attached File  mockingbird_banjo.jpg (15.03K)
Number of downloads: 1

Otherwise I agree with Legato...snap shooting is a must. Make your shots count.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#5 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

Not sure how well it'll work on a TPX but look up "Zen Shooting" (I think Tyger made a video on this once) its basically training yourself so that your marker is as much of an extension of your arm as pointing your finger. It really helps to learn how to accurately snap shoot.

See a short video of my friend snap-shooting his Tac8 for giggles...
2lxLpHXH_PU
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#6 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

Really depends on the format.

most duels are based on the ten paces..or draw method. The best things for those is setting your will power on ten. You need to learn to shoot in the face of fire and not flinch.
If you are allowed to dodge then take that into account as well. Some guys will like to dodge first then fire....some will shoot then dodge.

If you are dealing with one on one pistol combat then speed and movement is your friend. The more you move the move you will throw your opponent off balance. Crawling, running, obsticle walking....it will all help you win. Shoot and move. And if you can get within a deffinate kill range befor you ever pull the trigger. Most pistol combat comes down to who has the 'cool' under pressure. Conserve your shots and move. Try to disappear and suprize your target.

#7 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:31 AM

View Postkage83, on Jun 18 2010, 08:31 AM, said:

I'd practice on one of these...just in case it's not the type of duel you're thinking of... :P

Attachment mockingbird_banjo.jpg

Otherwise I agree with Legato...snap shooting is a must. Make your shots count.

LOL
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.

#8 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

Breath, and don't tense up your muscles.

The more you breath the faster you will be able to move, and if you tense up you actually slow down.

Learn to stay relaxed and make nice fluid movements using all the advice everyone has already given you.

Good luck!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#9 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

Ok i asked what the rules were to this dueling match. My friend said its not a ten pace turn around and fire. You face off with your opponent and they being the refs count down from 3 then, draw and fire. You can stand sideways and you can duck but no side to side jumping/dodging. He also said that if neither one hits each other after the first shot then the whole speedball field is open to play for 5 minutes.

After work I am going to buy couple boxes of 12grams and 1,000 rounds of paint and practice practice practice.

This post has been edited by dextonik: 18 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

#10 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Ok...need to clearify also about feet.
I have played where your feet most stay in place during the draw and fire. I have also played where you could not move from location but you could kneel or go prone.

In the later I like to draw and take a knee. Tends to pull your center mass off to one side right aboutthe time they fire giving you all the time in the world to aim.
Going Prone really catches the shooter off guard typically and can work quite well.

If you are to be feet glued in place then your best bet is to simply turn sideways as you draw to decrease your target profile. It also brings your shooting hand straight out and creates a natural point and shoot...where you point your finger is where you will shoot.

I personally like to go for the delayed shot for a few times. The other guy tends to try to be too fast and blows the shot and you get the easy aim and shoot.
After a couple times your opponents will anticipate this move and actually try to slow down and aim...so right around the third or fourth duel go for the quick draw and shoot...they will not be able to react since their brain is processing the whole aim thing. Works like a charm!

Bait and switch man.

This stuff is really fun and a great way to have some great low paint days with good friends.

Then again....one on one pistol speedball is simply a blast...so is just about any equal teams with pistols on a speedball field. You see some wild stuff!

Have a great time!

#11 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

ever so slightly offtopic...but I expected those smaller paintballs for the pistols to not hurt as much...but those things sting those little buggers, I mean both times i was shot I got hit directly on the spine...but it hurt..

I've never dueled would love to try though.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#12 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

less mass means they bounce Mack. They don't carry the same kinetic energy, so they bounce instead of break, so the impact isn't lessend and absorbed like a break would.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#13 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:27 AM

They all broke Legato...3 0f em two up the spine one on the butt...I think it might have just been where I got hit, those always hurt.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#14 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:56 AM

i think in one of the techpb vids Mike shot himself with one of the .43 kingman pistols...

i could not help but laugh since it was soo funny..

be a man, and do it with an a5 like i did ;)
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#15 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

WELL.....I came in fourth. Won a squeege. But I seriously need to dedicate some serious time to practice dueling. You'll laugh at this. First match I was kinda nervous I loaded my mag then put it in my pocket not in the gun. Went to draw nothing came out of the barrel. It was on of those AW CRAP! moments. Oh well, it was fun thats all that mattered right?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users