#17 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

I was cheaking the Canadian prices for some of your choices,
My local store has Tac-8's running at 229.99 and the TPX for 279.99

Im confused, I thought the Tac-8's were the higher quality pistol.

Oh and if you can put a X7 barrel on the TPX.
Pistol with Apex anyone?

wait can you get the Apex for a Tac-8?

from what I see. the Tac-8 brand new for 229.99 and two extra mags would be pretty much par with the TPX.

#18 User is offline   TPX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

I can say, I prefer the T8 most. I don't have big hands, but the grip is no problem. There is a deal for 4 mags for 60 dollars with pepperball, and the mags come with quick changes. I like it, but it may not be for everyone. I have one and I love it

The TPX is also nice, as long as you get a newer one or get the upgrades provided free by tippmann for the older ones. They puncture the 12g on the 1st trigger pull and the grip is smaller because the co2 is under the barrel. They also have the new 7 round straight mags that are supposed to come with new orders. They are less stressful on mags and if you have the 8 round mags, I think tippmann will do a one for one exchange, if you talk to them. I have one, and I prefer the T8 more.

The Zeus is your third option. If you buy a Zeus, make sure it is either miltec or armotech. If you buy Warsensor's it comes with a big hefty metal trigger frame. Anyway, they will be reliable and change the pierce pin with cci pierce pins. The phantom pins will last longer. Lastly, if you buy a Zeus look into Agentsmith's mods on it including a front loading paint magazine and a side dropout co2 changer to expedite reloading
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Disparando paintballs, ocho en una vez con mi T9, y T8. Currently have: t8-black-with trg, t9-black with longbow stock, milsig paradigm-black,upped mech ion-black,stock a5-black, cci phantom-green. Spec-Ops official fanboy #1<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

#19 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

If you're looking at the "traditional" pistol. Rap4 actually makes a good one. I've used one for a couple years (well before the T8 or TPX were made).

This is me last Sunday. I actually did better with the Rap4, though I think that's because this was my first game with the T8, so I was still getting used to it.
Posted Image

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#20 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

A little off topic, but you look hella gangster in that picture.

On topic - If you are wanting a more traditional paintball pistol I've heard some pretty good stuff about the rap4 one.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#21 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

It might be the one thing Rap4 has made that isn't overpriced junk. I think you can get them for $150 now, and the new versions take Spyder threaded barrels. You can also get a hopper attachment and a dummy 12g and ASA to run an air tank. I've considered (after I get my 2nd Tiberius), getting the hopper and air tank, then putting a 3.5oz and a pocket hopper on it. You know, for when I need a lot of firepower.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#22 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

APP 50 round pocket hoppers can't be beat. Super tiny, super strong (as thick as a normal hopper) so they can take a beating unlike most pocket hoppers. Love mine.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#23 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

Personally I would go with the Tac 8.

Although I have messed around with the Rap4 pistol also, and it seems to be pretty nice.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#24 User is offline   Cpt. Reiber 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt. Reiber

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

View PostEdge_24, on May 20 2010, 11:09 AM, said:

I've been wanting a sidearm for a while.. and me being me, I like to do extensive research before purchasing anything. I'm interested in the Tac-8, TPX, and Zeus G2+. So far I've been leaning toward the Zeus but I'd rather read other peoples opinions first. So, what's your take on these guns? :comp:

I have a Tac-8 and a TPX, the Tac-8 is the best by far. My TPX, wich I have had replaced once, still chops balls left and right, while the Tac breaks one every 60 some or so. Tac-8 by far.

#25 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

That RAP-4 pistol is a knockoff of the Ariakon Pistol from 2005ish. (Maybe 2006) The Zeus G2 is junk. I had one for years, and it was not worth it at all.

I also had a Tac-8 which was fun for S & G, but in the long run, I would rather have another pod on me then a pistol. A few of my guys have the new Tippmann pistol, they had some issues with the Gen 1's, but I have been told its been fixed. Just throwing that out there.
Coming soon.

#26 User is offline   Animal412 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Animal412

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Lapco makes a tip that you can put an Apex on.
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

#27 User is offline   MIDNIGHTANGELZ 

• Ninja Assassin
  • PipPip

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hey Hey Hey youtube: dual pistol kilcam 1, 2, 2.5 -Decision Finalized
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Tiberius 8 owner for 2.5 years. Tib 8 hands down. Even if it were to cost twice as much.

#29 User is offline   voltron 

• Let us gingerly touch our tips
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:mysterguy

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:41 AM

i have a question about Tiberius pistols and the TPX. I've been thinking about getting a pistol for a while but i play a lot of reball so i was wondering- how well do they work with reballs?

This post has been edited by voltron: 21 November 2010 - 04:43 AM

Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. -ger

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how the hell you did it.

I wonder if I could turn one of those "Rascal" scooter thingies into an old-guy paintball tank? -Violator

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users