• You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball and the world How paintball can bring awareness. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

Just about everyone has either played at or heared of the Oklahoma Day or has done a scenario game based on a historical event. Yet scenario games can be more than that in some way. Most of the games like Day or Blackhawk down are in many ways an interactive history deal. Yet, their are world events in the places like Lybia and Myanmar (Burma) that are just ripe for use as a story line in scenario games. It can also be used to bring awareness to the strife of places like that were at times the world has turned a blind eye to or is trying to resolve.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

And there are scenarios from the future like HALO style wars or Star Wars with funky futuristic customs and light and laser :D

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

aliens in the rockys always seemed like a super cool scenario.

But the LL events and the DDay events are huuuuuuge
I think it would be REALLY cool to have a LL event sponsoring Paintball in India, Taiwan, or Malaysia where the sport is really taking flight

you play paintball, part of the proceeds go towards sponsoring a team over there.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 20 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

I get where Bigboss is going w/ this... using a scenario based on a current "military" action to raise awareness of that particular situation. The field I frequent tries to stay away from current conflicts out of respect for those involved in them. It's not really a huge issue but just a personal decision by the ownership & producers. We have done a couple Blackhawk Down games, but that is as current as we've gotten... Mostly WWII & Vietnam based games w/ some fun stuff thrown in like Terminator & MadMax.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

By definition a scenario can be about anything:

I have played and seen events of rabbits v squirrels, as time travelling warriors from all time zones, terminators, zombies, knights, cartoon characters.
In the third event we held in the TAkhur Ghar trilogy we had allies, columbians and Somali pirates all vying for control
Something that relates too close to a current action or incident can be too inappropriate.
With the theme that we have used being based a few years back, but the overall situation in that part of the world being current it needs us to be careful how things are treated

There is nothing to prevent highlighting issues in an area and raiseing funds etc, eg using a different theme based on other events in that part of the world, and then highlighting the current situation with raising proceeds to a charity etc

#6 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

View Postger, on 20 July 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

I get where Bigboss is going w/ this... using a scenario based on a current "military" action to raise awareness of that particular situation. The field I frequent tries to stay away from current conflicts out of respect for those involved in them. It's not really a huge issue but just a personal decision by the ownership & producers. We have done a couple Blackhawk Down games, but that is as current as we've gotten... Mostly WWII & Vietnam based games w/ some fun stuff thrown in like Terminator & MadMax.

I know how that goes. Yet I feel the world has turned a blind eye to the suffering of other in some places. I actually know a few people that came to the US from Burma. My research on the issue made the stories they told me about the place all too real with the military Junta their and their war crimes. We saw in the most recent Rambo movie a toned down version of what happens their. I also am a relative of those who were killed during the Holocaust and that also had a bit to play in this. As a paintball player who looks at the scenario scene, and as a writer and historian to some extent, I feel that us players as a community can come together and try to shead light on this stuff in our games to spread awareness in the same way it's a history lesson in a way with the D-Day games.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users