Special Ops Paintball: Hunt for the Cure 2008 - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hunt for the Cure 2008 Charity scenario at Splat Tag in Hudson, WI Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

View PostBrutis, on Apr 30 2008, 10:15 PM, said:

In an effort to counter Fosters intimate knowledge of Splat-Tag fields, we will be placing field-owner & 'baller extraordinare, Darrin "EZD" Johnson with the mercenaries...

More people playing the merrier.

Darrin, I'll see you out there. Glad to see you'll be out there, even if it's against us.

I'm expecting this to be a close game, should be a lot of fun and a real challenge for all involved.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 30 April 2008 - 08:32 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#92 User is offline   Ghostwolf GRU 

• WIP-SOG: Commander of Operations and Psywarfare
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostwolf GRU

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:20 AM

I appreciate the gesture, but I would rather allow Darrin to play on the side he really wants to play on, whichever side that is. Besides, I knew Foster had a better knowledge of the field when I signed up to be Merc General. I guess I just don't want people to be able to say the Mercs only won because EZD was on our side.

I really don't mind an uphill fight. It brings out the best in your troops.

Either way, I'm not saying we wouldn't be honored to have Darrin on our team, but if he'd really rather run with Foster's crew, I'd be cool with that too.

GW

" This man is THE BOSS, so listen up you maggots!" ~Little Brother
"Badger Brigades uber alles!" ~ Wolche Duka

#93 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:16 AM

View PostGhostwolf GRU, on May 1 2008, 06:20 AM, said:

I appreciate the gesture, but I would rather allow Darrin to play on the side he really wants to play on, whichever side that is. Besides, I knew Foster had a better knowledge of the field when I signed up to be Merc General. I guess I just don't want people to be able to say the Mercs only won because EZD was on our side.

While I cannot speak for the walk-on players, I know the teams of the Coalition well enough that I can say none of us will have that opinion.
Member of Team Akkadian

#94 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:56 AM

I hear you GW,
And in a way I envy your position, I live for being on the team that is assumed to be the "underdog". Now I am NOT saying that I feel you ARE the underdog in any way, but I love the added shot to the arm that comes with the perception.

That said & my ribbing on MSPiG aside, Darrin is one of the players that I respect most on the field. His play is so boiled down, tested & honed that he always makes me feel like I need to go back and work on the basics (and many times he sends me walking back to think about them). In fact...I think you should give him special bodyguard duty, unlimited access to missions & the keys to your car. :laugh:

My hand decided that the time was nigh
And for a moment it slipped from view
When it returned, it fairly burned with
Confidence anew… -N.C.

#95 User is offline   WreckingCrew 

• WreckingCrew
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WreckingCrew

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:54 AM

View Postfoster, on May 1 2008, 07:56 AM, said:

I hear you GW,
And in a way I envy your position, I live for being on the team that is assumed to be the "underdog". Now I am NOT saying that I feel you ARE the underdog in any way, but I love the added shot to the arm that comes with the perception.

That said & my ribbing on MSPiG aside, Darrin is one of the players that I respect most on the field. His play is so boiled down, tested & honed that he always makes me feel like I need to go back and work on the basics (and many times he sends me walking back to think about them). In fact...I think you should give him special bodyguard duty, unlimited access to missions & the keys to your car. :(

I agree!!! But make Darrin use a pump!!! :(

Mors Tua Vita Mea

Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules

#96 User is offline   Ghostwolf GRU 

• WIP-SOG: Commander of Operations and Psywarfare
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostwolf GRU

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

Uhhhh yeah.....

I have, of course, considered that Darrin may be a spy. But then I remembered that my battleplan is (more or less) impervious to spies, so whatever. So, please do insert your spies and try your best to gather intel.....

I have a philosophy that was instilled in me by my sifu concerning the nature of battle. "Fight up!" is how we put it. It is better to do combat against a force that has the advantage on you in some way, that way you test yourself and have a better opportunity to grow and learn. That, and there is greater glory when you win! B)

All I really care about is that this is going to be a great game that brings in a ton of money for HDSA and we build a little more history between WI and MN paintballers for future fun'n'games. Thank God for SplatTag!

GW

" This man is THE BOSS, so listen up you maggots!" ~Little Brother
"Badger Brigades uber alles!" ~ Wolche Duka

#97 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

View PostGhostwolf GRU, on May 1 2008, 03:49 PM, said:

I have, of course, considered that Darrin may be a spy. But then I remembered that my battleplan is (more or less) impervious to spies, so whatever. So, please do insert your spies and try your best to gather intel.....

That was actually a great idea... too bad we didn't think of it.

I agree with the concept of fighting superior numbers, the only thing I would advise against -- there is no such thing as an impervious plan. I'm hoping our 2008 plan works, but I recognize that we'll need to adapt it fairly quickly as things will come up.

Or, in the words of one wise person,

"No battle plan survives first encounter with the enemy."

I imagine that will apply for both our forces.
Member of Team Akkadian

#98 User is offline   Brutis 

• Captain, Wild Bunch
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

HDSA regional coordinator has given you an extra day (today) to register.
So if you know anyone who hasn't registered, get them busy.
After today, they have to register on game day.
"I respect your play style, I expect the same in return. I will play my game, I will do my best. I will not dumb my play down for others, I will not apologize for my game. I play to win and I will do it with honor. I think to do less is compromising my beliefs, will achieve nothing, and has achieved nothing." --Cilio

#99 User is offline   inkundone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

i just registered me and my wife today. shes never shot a paintball marker and now shes in the hunt, we'll see how this goes.

#100 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

All those attending good luck and have fun. Hopefully the Hunt for the Cure will be drier than Judge Dredd: Total War

#101 User is offline   Brutis 

• Captain, Wild Bunch
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

The wait is over!
Here is your field map for the 2008 Hunt for the Cure.
Print it out if you wish, every player will receive a copy in their player packet as well.
Start adapting your strategies.
There are 3 bridges (red) across the Rhine river.
The 2 yellow rectangles are for eliminated players to cross back to their sides, we don't want eliminated players clogging the red bridges.
Yes, we will have refs IN the river. If a player crosses the blue tape line, they are out.
It will be interesting to see how the teams cope with this.
Posted Image
"I respect your play style, I expect the same in return. I will play my game, I will do my best. I will not dumb my play down for others, I will not apologize for my game. I play to win and I will do it with honor. I think to do less is compromising my beliefs, will achieve nothing, and has achieved nothing." --Cilio

#102 User is offline   inkundone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:24 AM

is it going to be possible to pick up the packet on saturday so i can look over the map before sunday? we are staying at willow river state park.

#103 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:23 AM

View Postinkundone, on May 1 2008, 06:29 PM, said:

i just registered me and my wife today. shes never shot a paintball marker and now shes in the hunt, we'll see how this goes.

It has been my experience that 1st timers (like your wife) are some of the most effective players in the game.
Without attempting to meet others expectations, they rely on instinct...which was the whole point of the 1st paintball game.

My hand decided that the time was nigh
And for a moment it slipped from view
When it returned, it fairly burned with
Confidence anew… -N.C.

#104 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:45 PM

It's been a year since Drew and team Warfare. Now, as then, mercenaries approach, patient and confident. An army vast beyond imagining, ready to devour the Coalition, ready to snuff out the world's one hope for the Cure and justice.

.... It was General Foster himself who provoked it.

Long live the Coalition!

This post has been edited by Thalion: 03 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#105 User is offline   EZD 

• Balling since 1986
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:EZD

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:24 PM

I am an Army of one :D
Over 100 Event at Splat Tag & Paintball Park this year * http://www.splattag.com
* A Real Jungle for Real Woodsball Players! *

GIANT GAME XXI * Sept 11, 2011 * Over 400 Players! * www.giantgame.com

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users