• You cannot reply to this topic

Ion question

#1 User is offline   ntp783 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

hey everyone!

So I have a Ion and I am wondering now is it possible to put http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...p;CAT=107208302 on my basic Ion. So is it possible to turn my gun into that all I have is a basic Ion what is the diffrence between Blackcell and my Ion? Also HOW THE HELL DO YOU PUT THE ION SAFETY ON! AND HOW DO U SWITCH MODES OF FIRE!

Thanks,
ntp783

SPECIAL OPS ROCKS!

P.S. IF IT DOES WORK ON MY GUN CAN SPECIAL OPS PUT IT NO FOR ME?>

This post has been edited by ntp783: 04 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

#2 User is offline   ntp783 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

any good reccomends on the gear?

#3 User is offline   DFB 

• Future Occupation - Professional Shark Wrestler.
  • PipPip

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

As for your Modes of Fire,You open up the grip and press the little grey square on the board. Press the grey square until it will double blink Yellow. Then, press the Red Circle that you use to turn on the gun.

0 - Semi
1 - Rebound
2 - 3 Shot Burst
3 - Full Auto

Double blink yellow is UP
Double blink Red is DOWN

Example. I am at Full Auto(3), and I want to go down to Rebound(1). I press the red button above the grip twice while the light is flashing Double Red.

And I don't believe you have a safety unless you turn the Eyes on while there isn't any balls in the Breech. Except of course Barrel Condom or Barrel Plug :P

And lastly, abotu your Blackcell Longbow kit. I have no idea. Never owned one before... :P

-DFB
PBreview I s Y o u r F r i e n d

#4 User is offline   ntp783 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

thnx a ton!

Another question for anyone who knows anything what is a good abrrel that is good for range but still gets that specdial ops feel for ofcourse my Ion.

#5 User is offline   DFB 

• Future Occupation - Professional Shark Wrestler.
  • PipPip

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

No barrel will really help with "range" except for the Apex and Flatline. For the best groupings when you shoot is the quality of the paint, and the Paint to Barrel match. The Smart Parts Linear barrel has a nice look to it. I think it is cheap and has good reviews on PBreview.com

http://www.pbreview....s/reviews/4249/

-DFB
PBreview I s Y o u r F r i e n d

#6 User is offline   ntp783 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

thnx agian ;)

#7 User is offline   MillardFlemming 

• Odi et Amo.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILLARD FLEMMING

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

instead of spending 400 bucks on a specops product, why not look into a deadlywind stinkops kit.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free -John 8:32
Smart Parts Special Forces Member

I take roughly 100 shots per kill, and I like it.

#8 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:06shocker&ion

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

It's really getting annoying when people post without even thinking of searching/looking it up first.

There's something on the forum called a search button, you click on it and you type in what your looking for. Another thing to do is look it up over the internet, like going to google.com, This nonsense just gave me an idea :idea:

#9 User is offline   ntp783 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:11 PM

Oh i totally agree I should have done this I asked around I even sent a email to smart parts they didn't help me and as far as the barrel goes I looked and I am thinkin of getting the DYE UL

#10 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

06 check the attitude man. ntp is a newer forum member and maybe he isn't familiar with the search button. If you want to point out the fact that there is a search option you should do it in a better way. I believe the whole point of having manufacturer specific boards is so people can ask questions and get answers from people that know them.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#11 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:34 AM

Read your manual for the modes question.... and for general purposes. Just so you know your gun better.

All the Blackcell is is a body kit. You can put it on yourself, as long as you are reasonably familiar with disassembling your Ion and reassembling it. It is very easy to break stuff, so once again: read your manual.

Did I mention to read your manual? Well just in case, read your manual.

As for barrels, I can only recommend those that I have used. DFB already mentioned the Apex, and it is one coooool piece of equipment. It works better than you think. Even if you don't use the crazy curve effects, the straight shot is unbelievably long range and still pretty accurate. I own one and I recommend it. Cheaper barrels can be fine, though. The classic economy barrel is the J&J Ceramic, and for $35 it performs pretty well. It's accurate... and it shoots balls... so it's a good barrel!

This post has been edited by The Judge: 05 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

#12 User is offline   nvader48166 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:40 AM

View Post06shocker&ion, on Jul 4 2007, 06:59 PM, said:

It's really getting annoying when people post without even thinking of searching/looking it up first.

There's something on the forum called a search button, you click on it and you type in what your looking for. Another thing to do is look it up over the internet, like going to google.com, This nonsense just gave me an idea :idea:

WOW...whats the deal with the attitude?? The reason we started our family in paintball is because it is a very friendly sport for the most part and people actually treat each other with RESPECT. A little thing called teamwork, maybe you should think about how you talk to someone on the newbie site as they are probably new. I sure hope my kids don't ever run into someone like you and ask for advice and I hope that you change the way you give yours and keep this sport a friendly one.

#13 User is offline   Coaxe 

• The Paintballer's breakfast: ham, hash browns, and an egg.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Coaxe

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

View Postnvader48166, on Jul 5 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

View Post06shocker&ion, on Jul 4 2007, 06:59 PM, said:

WOW...whats the deal with the attitude?? The reason we started our family in paintball is because it is a very friendly sport for the most part and people actually treat each other with RESPECT. A little thing called teamwork, maybe you should think about how you talk to someone on the newbie site as they are probably new. I sure hope my kids don't ever run into someone like you and ask for advice and I hope that you change the way you give yours and keep this sport a friendly one.

QFT.

My Feedback Smart Parts Ion Owner #45
98 Custom: $100. 98 Flatline: $50. A kid with a rental coming up to you and telling you "nice shotgun": Priceless.

#14 User is offline   Recon_Sniper 

• Yesss 3 blocks
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Recon_Sniper

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

Haha so far every post of 06Shocker that I've read has gone like that...

#15 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

Like someone said above me. As long as you are comfortable taking apart your Ion and putting it back together you can put this body kit on. The Ion DOES NOT have a safety other than turning the gun off. And like has been said earlier, read the manual for the modes of fire. Spec Ops i would say wouldn't put it on for you. It a really easy switch if you are familiar with your gun.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users