Special Ops Paintball: camo? what do you guys and girls like best - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

camo? what do you guys and girls like best i wanna get some new camo cant decide

#46 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

First of all, this is a really old topic... but I'll play along cause I love camo!

View Post82ndx, on Feb 7 2009, 01:15 AM, said:

I recommend CADPAT.

Aw eh, you Great White Northerners love you some CADPAT!!!

Anytime there's a topic on "best camo?" you'll find a find a Canadian posting that response :D (just messin w/ ya 82)

Obviously it works great up in the great white north eh... as well as in any area w/ alot of green. I've written it before & I'll write it here again (as have so many other members), every environment has it's "best camo" but one camo isn't the best in every environment. Desert digi would work amazingly well in the southwest US, but stand out horribly in the lush green forest around Vancouver. If you play in a bunch of different environments, and have the money to do so, get a pattern for each place you play. If however you are like me & don't want to by a full rig (including vest/pouches) for every possibility, get something that works great in a number of places, even if it isn't the "best" in all of them... like Multicam or OmniPat. My Multicam blends very well in heavy green forest, or brown underbrush, or tan grass, or greyish urban buildings - all of which can be found at the field I frequent. I love it & wouldn't trade it for anything.

This post has been edited by ger: 09 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#47 User is offline   EchoXero 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:EchoXero

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:58 AM

I currently use Army ACU. (Mainly because I am in the Army and I have a surplus stock of it) It was designed to be moderately effective in many different environments. With proper alterations, it can be great camouflage. In the desert, dust and sand rubbed in to the uniform adds to it's effect. In the woods, a little bit of dirt and mud rubbed in helps. The uniform that I am in at this VERY second, I am prepping for paintball when I get back to the states. It is starting to darken a bit from me wearing my gear and my weapon. I think it will work great. I used to wear my old woodland BDUs before I moved to the ACUs.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both."
~Benjamin Franklin

#48 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

View PostUnkel Fester, on Dec 20 2008, 10:32 PM, said:

I wear the good old fashioned woodland camo like they wore in vietnam, and it works. I'm a 325 pound guy. not easy to hide that kind of bulk. My friends and I were playing in my woods one day, and one of them told me they never even saw me until I fired. Since then everyone on my team (with one holdout due to money or something) wears the same camo. :panzer:

not 100% positive but we didnt use woodland in vietnam we used od and tigerstripe
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#49 User is offline   SIEFKA 

• Matt Fitzgerald
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIEFKA

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

Omnipat

#50 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

ACU but I just switched to Woodland Digital.

#51 User is offline   mstrchef117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

I'm gonna be wearing Type 99 Woodland (PLA) for spring and summer. For fall, I'm gonna use Tibetan Flecktarn. My cousin is in the PLA.

#52 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

I like marpat or woodland TRUs because they work great in the woods and they aint that bad in urban areas but because i mostly play woodsbll i would go for the woodland digis or probably multicam digis which are pretty good also.

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#53 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:12 AM

I've honestly never seen it make a big difference in the field. If you wanna look the part and be all streamlined and cool looking to the whole woods vibe, thats cool. You could be wearing a bright red t shirt and hawiian flower shorts and as long as you use your cover and teammates correctly, you can bump up or swap positions with nobody seeing you....and once they do its probably too late.
:)

#54 User is offline   badger nine 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

whats the most effective kind of camo for playing in Northern Virginia woods? I would like to stay within the forms of camo that special ops uses, because I'm considering buying a Special ops vest and special ops camo clothing.

The kind of camo I'm considering is the special ops Digital camo, but I want some help from more experinced players.

#55 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

OmNiPat ftw

#56 User is offline   MedicOni 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

ACU when I'm playing here at home, Fleck in placed like OK DD