• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann/SO X7 Five Stars Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Recon 11 

• "Wheaties: The Breakfast of Idiots."
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Recon 11

Post icon  Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

For a while I have been using a 98 Custom with Cyclone Feed, Dual Trigger, Apex Barrel, Sure Shot, and CAR Stock. I wanted the X7 as my first gun, but there were money problems. Well, now there isn't, and I am finally holding the X7 I dreamed of having! The marker shot exceptionally well, but I needed something more serious. So on my birthday, I couldn't wait for night time, that's when people came over and gave me money (I was just a little short on cash). When my dad comes home, he tells me to come. So I do, and he shows me the box to a brand new Tippmann/SO X7! I didn't even expect it that soon! After I tested it out, I loved it. I went to my local store to get an M16 handrail. When I got the money from my family, I used it to mod out the X7. I bought a M16 foregrip and sight from the SpecOps Store. I love the rails on the gun. I can mount my Sure Shot on the side rail (just for looks) and get a new red dot. I definitely recommend this marker as a second or third gun. This gun amazed me and will amaze you! :ghillie:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Deleter: 24 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

#2 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

Glad you liked it. I got mine as a gift. Imagine getting into the car after school and finding a Tippmann X7 in the seat. It really is an amazing marker. Yes I know there is better maggots. Check the sig. But Tippmanns will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus I can emulate the Master Chief!

#3 User is offline   Recon 11 

• PipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:49 PM

View PostThe Shepherd, on Oct 24 2007, 05:29 PM, said:

Glad you liked it. I got mine as a gift. Imagine getting into the car after school and finding a Tippmann X7 in the seat. It really is an amazing marker. Yes I know there is better maggots. Check the sig. But Tippmanns will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus I can emulate the Master Chief!

Yeah, mine was a gift, too. I expected to go later and buy it but he did.

#4 User is offline   Falconsfight 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Falconsfight

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:17 AM

I'm glad u like yr X-7 and belated happy birthday. When I was getting back into paintball I looked at a few other markers( like the SP-8 and A-5). In the end I chose the X-7 for the price and the aesthetics. I love mine ;) , which I left stock(FN Scar). I plan on adding a stock and a red dot reticle. I might add the X36 carrying handle, I haven't decided yet.

#5 User is offline   Recon 11 

• PipPip

Post icon  Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

View PostFalconsfight, on Oct 25 2007, 06:17 AM, said:

I'm glad u like yr X-7 and belated happy birthday. When I was getting back into paintball I looked at a few other markers( like the SP-8 and A-5). In the end I chose the X-7 for the price and the aesthetics. I love mine :laugh: , which I left stock(FN Scar). I plan on adding a stock and a red dot reticle. I might add the X36 carrying handle, I haven't decided yet.

I like the M16 handrail. I have it. It is very compact.

#6 User is offline   Hafnium 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hafnium

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

I have played my X7 for the entirity of my 2007 season (except for days when it wasn't playing nice), and this is my review after about 20 games of woodsball. All statements are factual unless noted as an opinion, as I will only review the equipment I own. I sincerely hope this will be helpful.
ADDONS
MP5 SD shroud: Need a 14 inch barrel or better to use
MP5 9mm mag: Way too long to be useful if you spend any time on your belly, good vertical handle substitute for upclose in tight quarters
Stock mag: Wears out fast, hinge is toy quality at best, dont bother storing tools in it that you want to keep
M-16 Mag: Solid and practical
X36 Carry handle: has 3/4 dovetail mounts, which the M-16 handle lacks. Sight through as well. Incompatable with non X7 shrouds.
M-16 carry handle: shorter, lacks dovetail mounts, sight through as well.
***note: carry handles must be dismounted before you are able to remove stock hopper***
M-16 Stock: can rattle, some have mating issues with guns, versatile, good overall support for aimed shots
Air through stock: Solid feel, easy install, makes the gun very long, and in my opinion, best suited for those with remotes.
INTERNALS
Ok, here is where it gets complicated. My cyclone feed failed after 5 cases of paint. So I bought all the TechT addons to replace the broken parts. Then, a day after my parts arrived, Tippmann sent me replacements for nothing... nada, zip, zilch! I am a huge fan of prompt customer service by the way. I wound up using both over the course of the season to isolate problems as they occured. Looking at the performance over time, it appears that the feed system, especially the white spring loaded ratchetting arm that pulls the feed rotor, is a designed failure component... it would make sense because it is easy to repair and cheap as well. Other than that, the gun is easy to clean, easy to strip and reassemble, and continues the time tested reputation of Tippmann as being well built.
IN GAME
Plain and simple, this gun will be what you tweak it to be. If you are big enough, you can carry around a gun that is as big as a real assault rifle with a comparable rate of fire. The feed paddles are apparently softer than the A5, but I have had many issues with my cyclone turning into a blender with no-name field paint of mediocre quality at best. I taped up the back holes of my exhaust housing with electrical tape, and that cut down on the number of breaks substantially. I know people who have cut a turn or two off of the spring inside the exhaust housing wih similar outcomes.
OVERALL
I recommend this gun to my friends without hesitating... especially the newer guys who may not have found their niche yet. As with the A5, most problems involve cyclone feed, but I feel the versatility and Tippmanns commitment to their customers game satisfaction make up for the drawbacks.
He who is skilled in defeat shall neve see destruction

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users