• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scorch paintball review. Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#1 Guest_Alaskanfront_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

I just recently went paintballing out at the local field. To my dismay several hours before, I had to pay for everyones Co2($27.92) Ouch,that hurt my paint expendature.
Well, back to subject. After that dent in the pocket we headed to the mall to hit an ATM, the guys needed to pull money to pay me back. Well, i was only payed back $19.00 for some reason.
We entered wal-mart and went to the sporting section.
So many choices,most of which I would never choose.
My buddy recommended that I try scorch.
since I didn't have enough money for the paint I wanted (Evil), so, I toughed up and grabbed a case of one-thousand for $19.00.
After loading all my pods with the new paint, we commenced to play. I noticed from the first shot how accurate the balls flew and how many shots before there was even one break.Easy to see when leaving the barrel, thats what they were with their bright red shed,and when one broke,they were easily seen in dense woodland.Even easier to see whe one of the opposing team members tried to wipe,only got smeared around and created a larger pink area.

I will possibly only use this brand, it's good,shell breaks on contact,not in pods, A++
Posted Image Try it, even just 500 rounds,youll be pleased.
i give it a 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Also, a side note: some paint I have shot, and have been shot by stink bad, another plus to this one is there is little to no smell.

~~~~~UPDATED REVIEW~~~~ March 18th

Okay, today I played in sub-arctic temperatures, about 10 degrees above zero.
It was cold indeed, but the balls stil fired perfect! They only chopped when I'd fire too fast for them to be fed.
Still broke on contact, and it still gets my 10!

~~~~~UPDATED REVIEW~~~~ May 12th

Here's the newest report on everyones favorite cheap paint.
I just played a game of quickdraw with my Core Zx pistol, infamous for chopping scorch amongst my friends.
The downlow is, I fired all 12 shots in less than thirty seconds, and didnt have a single chop, did that 10 times, and maybe only 3 broke the entire day of quickdraw.
Weather was around 58 degrees farenheit, 10% humidity i think.

This post has been edited by Alaskanfront: 27 May 2006 - 03:46 AM

#2 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

scorch is actually pretty good I use it all the time.

#3 User is offline   aeromedic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

I just picked up an A-5 stealth as my first gun (i've been told a flatline isnt a great beginners barrel, but I like a challange), and I know that it is VERY picky with paint. Do you suppose these would work with the flatline barrel? I spent a nice chunk of my re-enlistment bonus on school and my A-5 lol so I'm trying to find good paint cheap.
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   Steve_at_GameFace 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Wombat68

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for the compliments on our paint.
We've changed things up a bit for the upcoming season. Look for "Visible Impact" paint to replace Scorch in the stores.
VI is exactly the same shell as Scorch, and we've changed to an orange fill. Still a nice thick fill that is tough to wipe, but is still non-staining.
Check out GameFace Paintball paint page for details on VI and other paints we've released.
Look for this paint to hit the shelves later this spring or early summer.

#5 User is offline   Matt H 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 MATT A-5

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:58 AM

View PostSteve_at_GameFace, on Mar 16 2006, 08:35 AM, said:

We've changed things up a bit for the upcoming season. Look for "Visible Impact" paint to replace Scorch in the stores.
VI is exactly the same shell as Scorch, and we've changed to an orange fill. Still a nice thick fill that is tough to wipe, but is still non-staining.
Check out GameFace Paintball paint page for details on VI and other paints we've released.

No more Scorch? SAY IT AINT SO :D ! Scorch is the best and most affordable paint i have access to around me i don't want it gone! I hope that the store i get my paint from gets this visible impact paint though.

#6 Guest_Alaskanfront_*

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

i was emailed by gameface a few
hours ago, they said its almost exactly like scorch,just orange fill :D
i trust them,and will buy it b4 anyone tests it, i wanna write its review too :D

#7 User is offline   JJaxx 

• Sneaky S.O.B.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JJaxx

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:37 PM

Dang! I like to paint people pink! :rolleyes:
My Feedback!
Team Capt. of Shadow Force. "Fear the shadows"

#8 Guest_Alaskanfront_*

Post icon  Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

updated review

#9 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

View Postaeromedic, on Mar 15 2006, 11:19 PM, said:

I just picked up an A-5 stealth as my first gun (i've been told a flatline isnt a great beginners barrel, but I like a challange), and I know that it is VERY picky with paint. Do you suppose these would work with the flatline barrel? I spent a nice chunk of my re-enlistment bonus on school and my A-5 lol so I'm trying to find good paint cheap.

My friend uses scorch for his and he only breaks 4 or 5 balls in 6 hrs.

This post has been edited by ghost93: 21 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

#10 User is offline   ghost143 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

Scorch is sweet! I like to use Marbs when I'm taking less shots, but when I want to lay down cover fire Scorch is the best!

#11 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:04 PM

View PostSteve_at_GameFace, on Mar 16 2006, 08:35 AM, said:

if you quit making scorch i will boycott the replacement paint and every other product of yours. lol ;) j/k
id never do that but this vi stuff beter be the same prics and quality as scorch.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   USMC-Scout/Sniper 

• I'm supposed to put a vitty saying here, Ja?
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

View Postaeromedic, on Mar 15 2006, 11:19 PM, said:

Scorch has really thick shells so it'll probally work great on that note.
The size factor, however i dont know.

Maybe i got a bad batch, or overly new, or maybe it was just a different formula than the scorch now, i found that although scorch flew very accurate, rivalling some paints like twice as much, it didnt break very often. I havent used it in a game though, the stuff i had, i had bought at the beginning of winter for target practice and only shot it at a person while ambushing one of my friends as he came to my house and me and my other friend shot the ambushed friends brother as he ran around (he actually came up with the idea, he thought it would be fun. Me and my friend were only too happy to oblige). Yeah he isnt right in the head.

#13 User is offline   dustinv 

• No guts, No glory.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dustinv

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

View Postaeromedic, on Mar 16 2006, 12:19 AM, said:

unless you enjoy cleaning out your flatline between rounds, don't shoot the cheap paint. stick with marbs.
IPB Image

#14 User is offline   nos4atu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Frank Dye

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

I shot Scorch out of my A-5 flatty about 3 weeks ago in 65 degree weather. I was breaking roughly 4 balls per 100. Even if you don't break, you will see that the interior of the flatline is picking up red residue, meaning that the barrel is abrading the Scorch. Marbs don't do that, and they didn't break on me the day I had them either. I'd stick with the better paint.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
-H. L. Mencken

#15 User is offline   Crazy Kitty 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE BIRD MAN

Post icon  Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:40 PM

I've used Scorch and they are a good mid-range paint. :P :P :P

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users