Firestorm legal issue? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dread Pirate 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dread Pirate

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

Found this at http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/...irestorm_crank/

California residents should note that California penal code section 12020-12040 prohibits sale, import, manufacture or possession of trigger activators, and has been applied to products which, although designed for the firearms industry, are very similar in design and function to the Firestorm Crank. Residents of states with restrictive gun laws would do well to review their laws before purchasing a product which might not be legal in their area.

Any comments?

#2 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 043

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:30 AM

Now, I'm canadian and I dont have this problem, but it's ood to know that people like you exist to warn sorry suckers about such laws.
Congratulations.

All Wars are Civil wars, for all men are brothers.
HOTTEST Karnivor EVER! http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=161438

#3 User is offline   enderwiggin 

• Now with Carbon Fiber!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EnderWiggin

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

Hah! I wonder if that means it could be illegal, or resembles something that is illegal? I'm not fluent yet in Legalese.

I saw a guy at SC using a Firestorm crank a few weeks back...
Ender's Game Movie | Brigade | Is it just me, or is paint quality going downhill?

#4 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

I was wondering about this(Sorry for resurrecting a year old thread), has anyone got any new info on this? I'm in northern california so this would kind of put a damper on the whole DT situation.

#5 User is offline   DOC92 

• Quadzilla not gojira
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DOC

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

Like most things in the U.S. it's not illegal until someone complains. There's over two dozen DoubleTrouble users in California and not one complaint filed. It's on the books but meh, whatever...
32bps+8hours+12cases=MMG http://doubletrouble.21.forumer.com/ My tech guy: DoubleTrouble2

#6 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:01 AM

View PostDOC92, on Feb 2 2008, 05:02 PM, said:

Like most things in the U.S. it's not illegal until someone complains. There's over two dozen DoubleTrouble users in California and not one complaint filed. It's on the books but meh, whatever...

I get what you mean. I wont have to worry too much I don't think.

#7 User is offline   emblem140 

• Blam
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emblem140

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:24 AM

Thats unfair. Its perfectly safe

#8 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:06 AM

View Postemblem140, on Feb 3 2008, 08:24 AM, said:

Until someone decides to use it for the wrong reasons. That's the story with just about every other thing that, used for it's intended purpose, could be considered perfectly safe. As soon as it falls into the hands of the wrong person...that's when it becomes an illegal weapon. It's the sad truth. But, I'm not going to let that stop me from continuing to use it for it's intended purpose, in a safe manner. I figure it wont become a problem until the law finds out people are using them for the wrong reasons and starts cracking down. That's when they'll "Lay down the law"....sorry couldn't help the cliche moment..it used to be my motto and all.

#9 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:12 AM

View Postemblem140, on Feb 3 2008, 09:24 AM, said:

On a paintball marker. But a lot of these crank-style accessories are easily modified to fit real firearms, which is a case similiar to the one functional paintball marker suppressors have already established NFA restriction precedence for. I'm not saying I agree with that, but it is the way it is. Most of the firearm cranks I have seen are for .22s, which (the cranks) I understand are illegal in California. Since the Firestorm crank could be easily modified to fit a .22 trigger guard, it falls under the California firearm restrictions against devices that increase ROF above semi-auto. Actually, I'm surprised it took California this long to catch on to the Firestorm cranks.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   DOC92 

• Quadzilla not gojira
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DOC

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

Ever tried a paintball silencer on a firearm? It's useless. My neighbor is a police officer and he laughed at the idea. The pressure and sound levels are radically different between the hpa/CO2 and gunpowder. 1/10 dB decrease and your silencer gets blown apart like paper machete. Cranks have been around since at least the 80's. CA lawmakers have known about them and other trigger attachments since their creation. Lookup Hellfire trigger.

This post has been edited by DOC92: 03 February 2008 - 10:03 AM

32bps+8hours+12cases=MMG http://doubletrouble.21.forumer.com/ My tech guy: DoubleTrouble2

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users