Some quick tactics ideas? And evaluate mine, plz. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WITHFORCE

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

So, a little backstory on this field...

Okay, so the 26th my team is planning a big game at a patch of private field one of our teammates calls home. This patch of land is about 200yards x 100yards. There is a treeline/creekbed in the middle of this field, roughly. There is a hill on one side of the field before you get to the base (it flattens out a little at the top of the field) and on the other side of the field there is a pond before you get to the other base (you have to round a corner to get to the other base, or dare the creek bed). It's hard to visualize, without seeing it, but it's a decent field with natural cover (trees are spare, the hill is a geographical cover because you can use it to eclipse movement across the field, and the pond is banked so it acts as a forward bunker itself).

We plan to run a night game out there. A pair of big diesel-engine powered stadium lights, road flares, glow sticks, etc. will have employed. It should be a blast!

Now, onto the basic idea of what our "tactics" are going to be. I personally know the myriad strength and weaknesses of this field, but I wanted to think less field-based tacts and more squad-based - that way our tactics are based off of the people on the field and not where they are at/going on the field.

We are basing this off of a 9-man team broken into 3 squads. Alpha Squad runs the weak side, it comprises of two-men. Brave Squad runs the strong side, with five-men, and Charlie Squad runs the base defense with two-men. The actual set-up of the game poses an interesting take - it's reverse Dodgeball. Everyone (except for the base defenders) begin in the MIDDLE of the field. When the game begins, all parties at the middle of the field make a mad dash to the OPPOSING teams flagbase to capture their flag. You cannot fire on the OpFor (except the base defenders) until you capture the flag. So no about-faces and plastering the other team off the start. Once you capture the flag, a whistle sounds to alert the the flag has been captured. Then, the mad rush begins for both teams. I won't spoil any details, in case anyone in East Texas who will be playing is reading this (just think of the possibilities if the opposing team is getting shunned by defenders when the whistle sounds that their flag has been captured) but suffice to say - I wonder if my tactics with splitting are a good move - here's the run down of Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie Squads.

Alpha - Weak Side / Supporting Role
Alpha 1) Qloaded Ion, leaning towards sniper, now more "Assault/Ambush" then "Sit and Wait."
Alpha 2) Tippy A5 with WAS E-grip and Apex.
Alpha's main purpose(s) include; Flanking a large force that Bravo is keeping bogged down, keeping an opposing attack force slowed down, proving a "pivot" point for Bravo Squad. Both Alpha member are sneaky (one has been hunting deer successfully with a bow for a longer than I've driven a car - I'm 25) and Alpha 2 is mainly there for heavy support fire since Alpha 1 is limited to 500 rounds + whatever is in his Tac-8.

Bravo - Strong Side / Rushing Offensive
Bravo 1) Tippy A5 w R/T
Bravo 2) Probably using his Pilot, this game.
Bravo 3) Using a Blackhearted SP8
Bravo 4) Using a reg. A5.
Bravo 5) More than likely using an MR2
Bravo's main purpose is to mount a heavy attack against the base/opfor and to capture the flag and return it back to base. Brave 1, while being one of the higher firepower members of the squad, is probably the fastest one and will be the flag runner. Bravo 3 and 5 are fairly green, but with my guns they should be okay. Sometimes I feel I have the aura of Chuck Norris about me on the field, so using some of my markers might boost their confidence.

Charlie - Base Defense / Secondary Attack Force
Charlie 1) APE'd A5 with Flatline (yours truly)
Charlie 2) Virtue'd MR2 with Apex
Charlies main focus is Base Defense. If Bravo manages to nab the flag real quick, the focus becomes a third attack force. With Bravo 1 being a fast runner, Charlie can abandon their base and move to the OpForce, bringing the fight to them.

Ideas, comments, more strategies?
Who needs subtlety? I shoot until the woods are monochrome.

#2 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

sounds pretty crazy to me. what i would do is strike the base defense as strong and fast as possible. losing two or three guys wouldn't be a big deal here. if you can get the flag and run towards your base as fast as possible, then you can catch the enemy between you and your defense team. numbers won't matter; it will be a slaughter. so the basic idea is a mad rush with bite sized amounts of tactics.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHFORCE

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

View PostHOUND1, on Oct 17 2008, 05:43 PM, said:

sounds pretty crazy to me. what i would do is strike the base defense as strong and fast as possible. losing two or three guys wouldn't be a big deal here. if you can get the flag and run towards your base as fast as possible, then you can catch the enemy between you and your defense team. numbers won't matter; it will be a slaughter. so the basic idea is a mad rush with bite sized amounts of tactics.

That's the general plan. Most everyone on Bravo carries a lighter load of paint -- mainly 4+1's. I plan for them to make a mad dash to the flag base so Charlie team can (hopefully) go on the counter-offensive before the OpFor reaches our base.

And, most definately, bite-sized tactics. I'm thinking a long, drawn-out flow chart for situations and reactions is going to be a bit impractical. Just rush the bums! :D
Who needs subtlety? I shoot until the woods are monochrome.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users