Special Ops Paintball: How young can you be to play woodsball - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How young can you be to play woodsball Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dubie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DuBie

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

So I just started playing woodsball and really enjoy the game. My oldest son who is 10 years old going to be 11 real soon as shown just as much interested. I have been holding out on him and not letting him play because I am worried he is to small or fragile. He only weighs about 60 pounds.

So the question his when should I let him take up the game and run with his Dad?

#2 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Meh...if you can find him a mask that fits his head correctly and won't slip off, he's good to go. I've played with kids that young before. No worries.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#3 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

Its really up to the kid some people will have sensitive skin (both literally and figuratively) and not be able to play till longer...others will be highspeed lowdrag good to go way young. Try to put together the heaviest setup you have (in reason) and see if he can hold/shoot it if he can handle that and wear a mask id consider him ready.

By insurance standards is 10 years old im not sure if theres a weight limit.

Peace,
Teddy K

#4 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

most the fields around me require you to be AT LEAST 11 years old..

but thats in Illinois...

if its different in some other state i got no clue.

and if you are willing to drop some money. see if any fields near by have party packages.. field near me is like $400 for 10-12 people.. thats entry, air, rental, mask, 500 rounds of paint, and 5 hours of play.. (have the kiddies bring more $ for paint)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

If you're playing outlaw, it's all up to you/him. If he can take the hit then let him play.

If you are playing at an organized field, check w/ them to see if they have a minimum requirement.

EDIT: Excuse my earlier ignorance... WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! Hope you have a good time here.

This post has been edited by ger: 03 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#6 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

I started my cousin off at 7 years old. Now, before you chew me out for letting a child this young play, let me finish. His mask fit him, if it came off of his head, it wouldn't be by accident. He stayed with me, I watched his every move, and guided him through the game. To top this all off, his first hit was in the gut, a good, solid hit. He cackled! He didn't cry, he didn't whine, he laughed, loudly. HE loved it.

It depends on the kid, a soft kid can't play as early as others. Also, they need gear that fits them well. Like it was stated earlier, most public fields require kids to be 10 years old. But in private play, in can be done as early as suitable to the kid.
SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#7 User is offline   Erickson 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

In my opion if they can walk, talk, and shoot they're good to go, as long the equipment fits them, and they can handle being shot by a paintball. I mean if the kid wants to play let them play.

#8 User is offline   Dubie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Well I played today and my son went with me. He mostly was are camera man just take pics.. He was very worried about getting hit and did not get many pics of us when we were actually in a fire fight. However at the end of the day, he asked me to shoot him. So me being a good dad shot my kid. he took a hit on the hip and was good told me he didn't feel it. I will let him pick a gun up next time I am letting him pack a gun and give it a real try under real woodball conditions. I will keep you posted probally next weekend depending on weather. :laugh:

#9 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

View PostDubie, on Nov 15 2009, 07:37 PM, said:

So me being a good dad shot my kid

If you read just this part of your post, it's a bit concering....

That's great. I'm glad you got him in the game in a manner that was comfortable for him. Be warned now, after he actuallys plays, he will be a paintballer, You won't be able to keep up with him.
SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#10 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:28 PM

12-13?

It really depends on the mask. The biggest thing is making sure his head is big enough so where the mask won't fall off. You may want to try those head shields made by(I think) JT. Hot as hell, but it will keep the mask from falling off.

#11 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

For me it is about how mature the kid is and how good they are at understanding and following rules and instructions, especially the safety rules. As long as they're interested and know how to keep it safe, let em have it. My boy is 8 and I'm looking forward to the day he is ready to join his old man on the field. I'm already prepping him with nerf. :ninja: We find darts in the strangest places. :D

#12 User is offline   Dubie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

Well I took my son out this last weekend. He was excited to go but as the day got closer he began to voice concerns that he did not want to get hit. I told him "then don't get hit"

We go out to the field and the first game he takes a shot to the hand. I have to say I was worried at this point that he would not want to play. I have been hit in the finger about were my son got hit and it was a painful hit. Well he piped up and took it like a good woodballer. We ended up playing for 4 hours and he took several shots. To the shoulder and arm and legs. He did well in taking hits. He is pretty hard to hit because of his size and wastes a lot of balls at shots that I think where well out of range. He needs to improve in the game but as for getting hit he was a real trooper.

#13 User is offline   TPX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

I started when I was around ten. I think as long as they can take the hits and be okay and a mask fits right then age doesn't matter, but maturity does become a factor if they are younger. You don't want your young child/nephew/cousin pointing a loaded marker at people in the staging area or outside the field, taking his mask off in the game, or doing other stupid things. I'm only fifteen, and a couple years ago I went paintballing with my soccer team and they were lifting their masks up during the game and doing stupid things, so i think that maturity is more of a factor than just young age.
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Disparando paintballs, ocho en una vez con mi T9, y T8. Currently have: t8-black-with trg, t9-black with longbow stock, milsig paradigm-black,upped mech ion-black,stock a5-black, cci phantom-green. Spec-Ops official fanboy #1<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

#14 User is offline   Dubie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:40 AM

Well he did good in the game, however during the down time he was not real good about marker safety. It was the most frustrating part of the day. I had to remind him a lot that he was pointing his marker. I think he was just excited and wanting to get back into the game. The weather has been bitter cold and I jokingly ask if he wants to go out woodballing and he always says yes. The first weekend of Feb. I am taking him to a indoor field(speedball) so we can get a little gun time.

#15 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

My brother started playing around 9 or 10. He stopped for a bit after some jerk bunkered and shot him until he cried, but then later we got him out there again. It depends on the player, and those you're playing with.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users