• You cannot reply to this topic

Duracoating BT TM-15 ACU Asking for info on Duracoating Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Bowman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hello,
I own a BT TM-15, I am intrested in duracoating it with standard ACU pattern and Colors. I also am intrested in Duracoating my invert 20/20 mask (with fan) with an ACU scheme. I have no experience in the field of Duracoating and was wandering if someone could explain to me a bit about the process so i could "fool" around with the concept of camo on my guns? I will more then likely have to look into to getting done by someone similar to Spec ops in the end but i may want to duracoat other guns and stuff in the future. I appreciate any information or directions you can give me.
Thanks,
Bowman

#2 User is offline   GUNFU 

• EL Gunfu
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:I_KNW_GUNFU

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

Well first welcome.

So there are many ways to paint you're marker and mask. I painted my Tiberius 9.1 in my own digital camo pattern and colors. What I did was take a bunch of pictures of most of the fields I play at and determine the colors that are the most abundant and worked from there. I wanted to use duracoat colors but I wasn't willing to invest in a airbrush. So what I did was I used rattle can camo. At first I wasn't sure about it but it worked out fine. One thing I did buy was the Duraclear and borrowed my friends airbrush to apply that. So I save allot of money. As long as you prep your painting surface and TAKE YOUR TIME it shouldn't matter what kind of paint you use. Just make sure you use the Dura clear that is hard as rock once it dries.
Their are other threads on the DIY section of the custom painting thread section. Here is my own project that I did. Here

Main rule is don't mess with it once it's painted let the paint dry completely and then apply the clear coat layers. After that DO NOT TOUCH IT... I'm serious give it the maximum time to let it cure and harden if you don't it will crack and chip. I let mine dry for a week just to be sure. I've taken it out a few times since and no problems with paint staining the camo or scratches ruining the job. Just realize it's not bullet proof so it will eventually get damaged but that just gives it a weathered coolness look.

I would test some patterns and color combinations on random plastic to see what it would look like once dry. Also with the mask make sure to let it air out after painting and everything has dried you may still get some residual fumes from the paint that could affect you while you wear it.

Invest in some good painting tools and the green painters tape. Tape off everything you don't want painted or want paint getting into. One thing is make the patter your own so if somebody tries to take it the n it's hard for them to say that it's not yours. I actually put some obvious and not so obvious patterns on my marker to kind of say "This is mine".

This post has been edited by GUNFU: 27 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

If you see my shadow it's already too late.

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

View PostBowman, on 27 January 2011 - 06:11 AM, said:

Hello,
I own a BT TM-15, I am intrested in duracoating it with standard ACU pattern and Colors. I also am intrested in Duracoating my invert 20/20 mask (with fan) with an ACU scheme. I have no experience in the field of Duracoating and was wandering if someone could explain to me a bit about the process so i could "fool" around with the concept of camo on my guns? I will more then likely have to look into to getting done by someone similar to Spec ops in the end but i may want to duracoat other guns and stuff in the future. I appreciate any information or directions you can give me.
Thanks,
Bowman

There are a number of painting guides on this forum and the web.
My link

#4 User is offline   STRIP3Sosu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

Check out Conlee Custom. He does excellent work with custom paintjobs for paintball as well as actual firearms. Being popular, he is usually backlogged on projects. But he is willing to do almost anything custom. Just send him an email for a price quote.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users