• You cannot reply to this topic

New bolt for Mini Any suggestions

#1 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

Anyone have any bolt suggestions for a Mini? I'd like to spend no more than $30. I know a few that exist, but which one(s) out-perform the others?
-Ty
EDIT: IF I even need one. I don't think it's necessary.

This post has been edited by TyTy: 28 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

#2 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

The NDZ V2's were the "greatest thing ever" at one point.. But now all I hear from mini owners is "Just use the stock bolt." I

#3 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

I am still using my stock bolt, with no issues, but the V2 is supposedly the best "upgrade." Are you having any problems with your bolt/efficiency? The stock bolt is pretty darn good as is.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#4 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

I'm just having issues with where I should set the Mini's dwell and regulator pressure. It's at 200psi but if I lower it to 190 I can't get the back cap out far enough. I want less kick too. Less kick means lower dwell? What do I have to do once the dwell is lowered? Anything? Does this make sense?
-Ty

#5 User is offline   Violator 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

I haven't really had to mess with mine since I got it in 08, but dwell time won't effect the felt "kick" of the gun- mine barely kicks at all as is, but the V3 (newest version) bolt from NDZ claims to help reduce kick and a set of springs might also help with that. I'm not sure I completely understand all your question, but as far as I can tell:

200 psi is fine, I wouldn't go lower than 180, but I'm not sure why you are having issues at 190.

How much kick are you getting? Mini's are known for having very little. Wish I could be of more help than that.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#6 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

I'll try and set it at 190 again. If I can have it around 27-280 that wouldn't be bad. That just means better efficiency. As far as kick goes, I don't think it's enough to matter. I might be able to suck it up and just deal with it. I'll shoot it tomorrow and check these things. I meant I can't get my back cap out enough to have a velocity at field standards when the psi is 190.
-Ty

#7 User is offline   Violator 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Hmmn- that's odd, as you should be able to run at as low as 180. How much velocity adjustment do you have to make with the screw to get it to field-legal range without cranking it all the way up? I assume the marker is properly cleaned/lubed, so other than giving it a quick takedown and reassemble/lube, maybe the spings and bolt will help, though I've never had to mess much with mine. Aside from that, I'm not sure what to tell you to do. Sorry :laugh:

#8 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

I've taken it apart multiple times and lubed it as well. I take the back cap out enough that it's flush with the whole piece that the cap goes in. The velocity drops when I start getting it out far enough though. I'm thinking about sending it in to KEE and having them make it perfect :laugh:.
Now its leaking out of the little hole on the bottom back of the regulator/asa. If you looked through the hole you would see the tank threads. It's not the silver bleed hole and screw. Any solutions? I JUST put the Ninja regulator on my tank so the o ring is fine.
-Ty

#9 User is offline   Violator 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Sorry, man. I got nuttin'. As I said, never had to mess with mine, so I really haven't gotten deep into messing with it. If it were my Bob Long or Tippmanns, no problem, but I'm not a Mini expert by any means. Keep me posted, though, since I'm very curious as to what's going on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users