• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

invert mini questions

#1 User is offline   MN ambush sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

im pretty sure im getting a invert mini and im pretty new to speedball it says the gun is low pressure. would that mean i need a low pressure tank to use it? and what is dwell and everything like that
if your parents dont buy your gear, put this in your sig.

#2 User is offline   foozeball67 

• Intergalactic Overlord of the United States of Wisconsin
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

You don't need a LP tank to operate the Mini, but it is easier on the ASA threads when removing the tank after a game. the only real requirement is that it must be Compressed air and NOT C02.

I'm sure someone can explain Dwell much better than I can, but I kept the Dwell settings on my mini stock and it's worked fine for me so far.

#3 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

I believe that dwell is how long the solenoid stays open, this changes the amount of air that is let out.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#4 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

View Postfoozeball67, on Aug 4 2008, 04:21 PM, said:

You don't need a LP tank to operate the Mini, but it is easier on the ASA threads when removing the tank after a game. the only real requirement is that it must be Compressed air and NOT C02.

I'm sure someone can explain Dwell much better than I can, but I kept the Dwell settings on my mini stock and it's worked fine for me so far.

Dwell is how long the valve stays open.

#5 User is offline   MN ambush sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

where do you adjust the velocity and modes (semi and ramping)

#6 User is offline   splntercell 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:splntercell

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:30 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 4 2008, 06:35 PM, said:

I believe that dwell is how long the solenoid stays open, this changes the amount of air that is let out.

your right also to add a higher dwell will make your marker more consistant and a lower dwell will give you more shots per tank. Its all about finding the happy medium.

#7 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

MN Ambush Sniper.. I'd recommend going to youtube and searching for the tech videos put out by InvertPB (I think).. Simon, the designer of the Mini, shows you how to do everything... it's great
Lo

#8 User is offline   MN ambush sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

alright thanks guys

#9 User is offline   epl 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPL

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

Not trying to sound like smart guy, but I just bought my first mini today and I love it. One thing that I had in mind was the same things you do. I was unsure of all this unknown function but the mini comes with this nice manual that explains just about everything. I have bought guns in the past and they only tell you how to gun works but dont get too into detail with the gun. The mini is a whole different subject. Trust me, you will love it too

#10 User is offline   Warsmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Warsmith

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

Go with high pressure. Custom Products and Crossfire have the best regulators (that I've used). CP's are lighter but more expensive. There's also Guerilla Air tanks that use the super short Myth regulator and can be had quite cheap. I use a Crossfire 70/4500 HP on my Mini without any problems. Also, look for a New Designs TSO (thread saver on/off). It screws into the ASA, and then you screw your tank into it. There is a ring around the outside of the device that you twist to allow air in or out. It will also de-gas the marker and allow effortless removal of the tank. It adds about an inch... inch and a half to your set up, but for $30 on eBay or at Action Village it's well worth it. And, it comes in all the standard Mini colors, too. Hope this helps!

#11 User is offline   Lukeg 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Keeper

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

I don't know if it's the same for the mini, but I saw some guy with an electro messing with an allen key on the bottom of his HPR at the chrono. I'm guessing that's how you change velocity on a mini? Don't know just throwing that out there.
As for changing modes... there is a little button between the trigger guard and the foregrip. There is a hole in the front of the trigger guard that allows you acces to this button. That's how you change modes.
"And what of comfort? Comfort is an illusion. A false security bred from familiar ways. It narrows the mind. Weakens the body and robs the soul of spirit and determination. Comfort is neither welcome nor tolerated. It is a luxury we cannot afford. It is a difficult thing to leave behind, but it is the enemy and it will be cast aside."

#12 User is offline   Warsmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Warsmith

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

Velocity is changed with an allen key through the bolt cap. Right to decrease, left to increase. It controls the size of the air chamber in front of the poppet.

#13 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

You do not use the hole in the trigger guard to access the button. The mini is an awesome gun, but a bit of a gashog.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users