• You cannot reply to this topic

A5a2 air through kit

#1 User is offline   Dusty1 

• Team Titans
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:dusty1

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:25 PM

After doing many air through kit's for other people,I finally decided why not do one for myself.The kit at the SpecialOps online store cost $119.00 not including shipping.I recieved my kit on the projected date I was told,(which is always a good thing) After opening my kit I looked it all over,and saw as I have with other kits I've put together for people,that my kit was all there,and another QUALITY product from the Specops team.I read the directions carefully(even though I've done this upgrade beforehand)I started out taking my new A5 down,as per directions,After splitting the halves I took the side (lettered Tippman A5 logo side) and placed the included with kit, jig in the place that was shown in the sheet provided,and drilled my 1/4" hole,then turned the jig 180 degree and placed the guide hole which is the 1/2" in the center of the thombstone pocket,and the 1/4" hole I had just drilled.I carefully drilled out this hole,and removed the jig.Next step,I got out my Dremel tool and ground the hole to the desired arch shape,and the beveling the right side,that allows the new Thombstone to fit flush in the pocket with ease.While I had my A5 tore down,I cleaned it up on the inside of both halves,and oiled it.Next step I started the assembly process of the upper reciever.I removed the Bottomline and tank adapter from the Lower reciever(Trigger assembly) then placed the new Air Through stock in it's place making sure the spring and pin was in good shape,and placed some oil on this.Next I took the long length of macroline,and placed it over the elbow,and made sure I had some extra length,and took my razorblade knife and cut the line flush,(very important to cut this line straight,I cant stress this enough on this step) I pushed up the line lock ring,and pushed the macroline into the elbow and released the locking ring and pulled light on the macroline to make sure it was seated.(I took a swab and dipped it in some alcohol,and rubbed it on the outside surface of the macroline to make it was slick,so it slides into the elbow very easy)Last step I placed the forearm on the marker,and it snapped into place .I noticed it protects the macroline where it goes into the elbow. Was a very easy and smooth operation,as a bonus I got a good clean up of my A5 and got to inspect the internal parts,and oiled it. Anyone who is thinking about buying this kit or any of the specops airthrough kits,put your mind at ease,in no time at all you will have a fully functional A5a2,and dont take my word for it,ask the many players out there that has one,either store built or did the conversion themselves,this is one upgrade or mod that DOES make sense. :huh:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dusty1: 26 August 2005 - 04:26 PM

Cold Steel SL8R - Midnight Stealth SL94-
www.titanspaintball.com MVT 2009 Viper RTS Sherwood Forest

#2 User is offline   Dark Knight 7119 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Knight 7119

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:29 PM

That gun looks really cool. I love how it looks, and the paint is awsome

#3 User is offline   OnyxSkyDV 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:43 PM

What barrel are you using on that A5? Thanks!

Onyx

#4 User is offline   piranah 

• I'm the one your commander warned you about....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:piranah

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:43 PM

it looks like a 16 or 18 inch J&J. i could be wrong though.
Have No Fear........ Fishy is Here!

user posted image

#5 User is offline   <Tanman> 

• <TANMAN>
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:<Tanman>

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:56 PM

I think its a opsgear m82a1 fulted sniper barrel

#6 User is offline   silentoption 

• wear a mask or my balls will hit you in the chin
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:silentoption

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:25 AM

THANK YOU!!!....now thats what a paint ball gun should look like...nice

#7 User is offline   acrosome 

• Old Fart
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:acrosome

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

I, too, installed an A-5a2 gas-through stock. I agree that the instructions are very clear and the process for milling the receiver is easy to do, given an electric drill, appropriate sized bits, and a couple of metal files or Dremel. The procuct is very well made- I was truly impressed. There is so much cheap injection-molded crap out there, nowadays, and it is refreshing to find something this well made.

My sole complaint, if you can call it that, is that even with the mask cut-out in the stock you still cannot get your face beside the gun to sight down it. I am awaiting delivery of a raised sight rail that will hopefully correct this problem. This is a common problem of mounting stocks on paintguns. I think the Black Cell method is superior- check out the pictures on the Black Cell forum. Note that the Ion body shell that SpecialOps has made drops very low in the back thus allowing a stock to be mounted with much more clearance for a mask.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users