Special Ops Paintball: Get a project salvo or keep my 98c? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Get a project salvo or keep my 98c? ^ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   StalkAndKill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:stalkandkill

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

Currently I have a 98c with a 14' barrel, that's all I have for it. I have some problems with it, sometimes air leaks, etc. I was wondering if selling it and switching to a salvo would be a good idea?

#2 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

i love my 98c but i have more mods to it.. see sig...

however im working on a 07 ego so im kinda jumping the ego craz!!!!!!!!
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

if u play aggresive and up front and fast,dont get a salvo,its to heavy to be running around the field all day long...a game or two sure...

if u play middle, flanks, or back go for it
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

View PostStalkAndKill, on 17 July 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

Currently I have a 98c with a 14' barrel, that's all I have for it. I have some problems with it, sometimes air leaks, etc. I was wondering if selling it and switching to a salvo would be a good idea?

The salvo has the same internals as most 98 customs ,unless you have an antichop system ,they are slightly different.I would upgrade to the A-5.Its lighter,easily maintained,has a cyclone feeder [which is a must have].The stocks in my opinion adds weight and just gets in the way.The air leak in the 98 can be fixed easily though.The A-5 has the same internals basicly as the x-7 standard.For what you would spend there I would consider upgrading your 98 custom to response trigger,cyclone feeder and fix the air leak while in there.You could continue to use your 14" upgraded barrel also. For woodsball rec-ball that marker would not be any shame.We can see 15-20 balls a second on a good polished and tuned modded 98 custom.Some people may snicker that you have a 98 custom,till they get on the recieving end of it on the field.A good Tippman dealer could do that for you for $150 + or - a few.

#5 User is offline   Der Kartozeichner 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Just put some work into fixing up your 98C!

Going from a Tippmann to a Tippmann isn't much of an upgrade, aside from the Cyclone (though that is debatable). If you like a body style and can get, say, an A5 cheaply, then go for it--I love my A5. However, you should just get into that 98C and fix it instead of buying a new marker. Heck, it could just be an O-ring or lack of oil! If it is something more, like a broken power tube or chipped valve (it happened to me!), you can call up Tippmann for helpful tech support and new parts. They sent me a whole new valve, no questions asked, after walking through my error with me. They're great at customer support, take advantage of it!

Fairfield Republic - War Slots - Aid Slots
Tippmann Owners Club #119

#6 User is offline   StalkAndKill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

View Postchasbronson, on 17 July 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

View PostStalkAndKill, on 17 July 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

The salvo has the same internals as most 98 customs ,unless you have an antichop system ,they are slightly different.I would upgrade to the A-5.Its lighter,easily maintained,has a cyclone feeder [which is a must have].The stocks in my opinion adds weight and just gets in the way.The air leak in the 98 can be fixed easily though.The A-5 has the same internals basicly as the x-7 standard.For what you would spend there I would consider upgrading your 98 custom to response trigger,cyclone feeder and fix the air leak while in there.You could continue to use your 14" upgraded barrel also. For woodsball rec-ball that marker would not be any shame.We can see 15-20 balls a second on a good polished and tuned modded 98 custom.Some people may snicker that you have a 98 custom,till they get on the recieving end of it on the field.A good Tippman dealer could do that for you for $150 + or - a few.

Thanks, I've been debating on it for awhile. I think I may stick with my 98 and just upgrade it some.

#7 User is offline   StalkAndKill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

View PostDer Kartozeichner, on 18 July 2010 - 04:17 PM, said:

Going from a Tippmann to a Tippmann isn't much of an upgrade, aside from the Cyclone (though that is debatable). If you like a body style and can get, say, an A5 cheaply, then go for it--I love my A5. However, you should just get into that 98C and fix it instead of buying a new marker. Heck, it could just be an O-ring or lack of oil! If it is something more, like a broken power tube or chipped valve (it happened to me!), you can call up Tippmann for helpful tech support and new parts. They sent me a whole new valve, no questions asked, after walking through my error with me. They're great at customer support, take advantage of it!

I've called Tippmann many times, got new o-rings, and I think it may just be me. Haha.

#8 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

View PostStalkAndKill, on 18 July 2010 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostDer Kartozeichner, on 18 July 2010 - 04:17 PM, said:

I've called Tippmann many times, got new o-rings, and I think it may just be me. Haha.

i just got a new rear bolt and some orings for my custom pro.

:huh: tippmann
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users