• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help with my new G3/IQ

#1 User is offline   Shadow444 

• Hm.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

So I got my G3, and played with it the first time on sunday, and it shot fine+great. So I get it home, having a previously filled tank before I left, and try to shoot. Its not doing anything. I twist the reg out both ways, I can hear the solenoid clicking, and at some points it will shoot air but not enough to cycle the bolt. I need to get it working by this sunday, please help me out guys.
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it...

#2 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

You could have overpressurized your reg... i did it several times with my g3. Take the reg apart, very carefully, noting where everything goes, and replace the orings. Thats my best bet. Then, before you air it up again, make sure the reg is backed out (forget which way, but so that the pressure will be really low), and slowly turn it up over a chrono. Remember, unlike other markers, 1/4 turn of the reg is a ton.

You might wanna replace your battery first, its easier and is a likely culprit as well.

#3 User is offline   101coolkid 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:101coolkid

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

yup, sounds like crappy battery. the number 1 cause of "broken" electros...
Proud Ion owner

When i shoot, it sounds like I modded my gun to shoot on uncapped full auto :P

#4 User is offline   Shadow444 

• Hm.
  • PipPip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

Its not my battery though, I replaced it...
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it...

#5 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:13 AM

View PostBecc, on Aug 31 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

You could have overpressurized your reg... i did it several times with my g3. Take the reg apart, very carefully, noting where everything goes, and replace the orings. Thats my best bet. Then, before you air it up again, make sure the reg is backed out (forget which way, but so that the pressure will be really low), and slowly turn it up over a chrono. Remember, unlike other markers, 1/4 turn of the reg is a ton.

You might wanna replace your battery first, its easier and is a likely culprit as well.

Turning the screw so that it goes in will turn down the pressure, backing it out will turn up the pressure. You can only really back it out one way :laugh:

Anyways, I'd check the o-rings on your bolt, lube the noid (if you need help on that check out pbnation, there should be a guide.)/check the noid's o-rings.

Is there a locking screw on the reg swivel like on thresholds? I had a similar problem with a threshold that I had where I tightened that screw too much, and it cut off most of the air flow. If there is one, try loosening it.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#6 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

try lubing the o-rings on the bolt and there's one internal one in the gun that you need to lube within the bolt area, if this doesn't help try replacing the #6 oring on your bolt. i wouldnt recommend taking apart the noid just yet wait and see if these solve the other problems
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users