How Great is Opsgear? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   SamSquanch 

• I kissed a girl & I liked it
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SamSquanch21

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:08 AM

Puzuma, on Oct 27 2008, 10:36 AM, said:

My corporate nemesis is Bell Canada. I've got friends and family that swear Bell is the greatest for everything. Yet I constantly got over charged on my bills, couldn't add/remove services from the phone and even if I paid my bill 2 weeks early (on line no less) they got it late. The only Bell item I now have is my cell phone and that's through their subsidiary company Solo. Main reason being is that they have the 10-4/Push to talk phones which are great for the wife and I if we're out and get separated. It's $1.00 a day for the PTT vs $0.40/min and if we're out of town there's no long distance charge. As soon as one of the other carries has an in expensive PTT phone I'm switching.

Im with you on that one, Bell is the biggest group of idiots to get together and start a company.

#17 User is offline   Op4 Delta 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:49 AM

I have to agree to the fact that people who pay more money gets their stuff earlier, is sad but true. I have ordered from opsgear in two ocations via USPS priority mail international and the items arrived within the 7-10 days they say it would take. So no problems with them so far. I must also say that I dont have much of a choice when ordering paintball goods since most of the US ebay sellers dont ship to other countries, so if you guys know some company or somebody who does please let me know.

#18 User is offline   scurvy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SCURVY

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

I have ordered online from many companies, from large retailers to small online based shops. The paintball retailers I have dealt with normally vary depending on if they make the product in house or get it from a different manufacturer. If they are waiting for a big order from overseas, everybody who ordered over the last month is in the same boat. OPSGEAR has taken some time to get my order processed in the past, and so has Special Ops. Special Ops customer service hasn't mistreated me, though, and I try to place orders over the phone if they are time sensitive. This normally leads to a better outcome. For online only businesses not available on the phone, you are rolling the dice and hoping for the best.
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

#19 User is offline   Ragedman 

• There's my chip chip.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I have one, used it once...like π years.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

My friend bought the UMP A-5 setup from Ops Gear, it showed up on time but... The plastic parts broke and a couple of the screws stripped on him in the first months of owning it. Thus said I think Ops Gear sucks.

#20 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Apex

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

slayerjake, on Oct 28 2008, 07:05 AM, said:

If you don't pay for faster shipping 99.9% of stores aren't going to process your order right away. They give priority to the people who pay for faster shipping, and the people who don't don't get their order processed fast. Don't take it personally, every store does it.

The last time I ordered from Opsgear prior to this was a few years ago. Before they upsized/expanded their product line. If you'll notice, they used to sell almost exclusively paintball-based products. Now, they're a mid-grade tactical store that has branches in military/police training too. I think it's gone to their heads a bit, because granted, they do sell and train real world operatives, but they still have a large civilian following as well. Customer service is important throughout all aspects of business, and regardless of how long it took to ship (you're probably right about the "pay more, ship faster" thing), they could have explained this through email. Instead, they choose to brush me off not once, but twice.

The tracking on my package indicates it'll be here today, Wednesday. It's about time.

...........................................................................................................................

My point is, don't forget the little people. I'm sure there's more than one customer service rep working at Opsgear, which means they could've at least explained the situation to me. Don't tell me "usually ships within 24 hours" (here's the link UMP Shroud) if it's going to eventually ship 13 days later. I don't care which shipping method I had. I could have drove to Utah from Virginia to pick it up faster than they shipped it. See my point?

-Apex
Your Mom wants to ride the Bull.....

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users