Special Ops Paintball: Latest U.S. Military Hardware - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Latest U.S. Military Hardware New "airburst" man-portable weapon Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:23 PM

One of my pals in the DoD took over this project and managed to get'r done after years of problems:

http://www.defensete...ves/004440.html

It's not cheap, it wasn't easy (nothing in the Gov't ever is,) but it will save lives of soldiers and civilians when/if it needs to be used. Not so much for the "bad guys."

Can't wait to see it in action... now if we could just get a paintball-friendly version of this deployed... :idea:
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#2 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:37 AM

Airsoft Body Kits anyone?

#3 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:52 AM

After fits and starts using a 20mm rifle housed in a bulky, overweight, complicated shell, technology finally caught up to shave the XM25 from 21 pounds to a little more than 12 pounds.

Impressive. Personally I thought it would end up like the XM29, but I'm glad I'm wrong.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#4 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:57 AM

Possible complications -- ECM (very unlikely in current war), electronics malfunction (much more likely), user input error (not digging the Army, but it happens), mechanical failure.

If all of these complications happen at once, then you've STILL got a man-carried bullpup-sized grenade launcher with more consistency than anything we currently field. Now picture what you get if it all works perfectly! Field testing will tell the final story on the XM25, much like it did for the Land Warrior system. I like the way this looks on paper, but when was the last time that was accurate?
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#5 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

jesus $30,000 for a bloody M4...... what the hell!
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#6 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

The optics are a little..... pricey.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#7 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:39 AM

With optics and pointers. That stuff adds up.

*cough* go Tavor *cough*
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#8 User is offline   Violator 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

Yeah- M-4 costs are nuts, but remember, we are the country famous for $1,200 toilet seats and $200 hammers :)

30k for a tricked out and much improved baby M-16 is almost a bargain... almost. :happy:

The Tavor is a superb package- got to try two models, and WOW! NIIIIIICE.. gotta get me one of those!
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#9 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

Yup. I want one as well.

Of course I doubt Hi-cap mags would be allowed in Maryland. AND the Tavor is 3k itself - and I don't have that money to use right now. Heck, I'm not even old enough. Not to mention there isn't a decent rifle range close to my house.

/rant

Summertime Blues

#10 User is offline   Violator 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

Not even sure if they're on the civilian market (legally)- in fact, I doubt they are. I get to tote a 30k M-4 from time to time in the field (Gov't jobs do have some perks) except it's usually only in places you need Level III+ body armor... not as much fun when folks may take pot-shots at you.

Worse yet, I live in California when I'm not working/traveling, and they have the WORST firearm laws on the books, so I'll have to move if I ever want a Tavor... or any Barrett .50, or any "assault weapon."

Still, we can dream, right?

I'm all for the airsoft/paintball body kit for the XM25, though... any takers out there to try and make one???

#11 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

View PostViolator, on Sep 29 2008, 10:54 AM, said:

Yeah- M-4 costs are nuts, but remember, we are the country famous for $1,200 toilet seats and $200 hammers :)

30k for a tricked out and much improved baby M-16 is almost a bargain... almost. ;)

The Tavor is a superb package- got to try two models, and WOW! NIIIIIICE.. gotta get me one of those!

I thought our stuff was made by the lowest bidder.....

If that's what a bloody M4 costs I'd hate to see what the barrett costs them

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#12 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

your basic M4 isnt gonna run for 30,000. Its when you add night sights, infra-red, laser sights, grips, silencers, that stuff is pretty expensive. But that air-burst weapon is awesome. I want one.

#13 User is offline   Violator 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:18 PM

Correct- a basic M-4 goes out the door for a few grand, cheaper by a factor of 3 than the average Tavor, in fact.

All the add ons- that's where it gets pricey, as many of the sights, lights, and such are purchased from civilian contractor sources (EOTech, Aimpoint, etc) and cost more. The Tavor has integrated, military-built optics, so that helps even the playing field a bit, but it's still in the same $$ range at the end of the day.

Your tax dollars hard at work...

This post has been edited by Violator: 29 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

#14 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

I guess it beats the "HAPPY SKIPPING JOYFUL PERSON bombs" We've been researching :(

#15 User is offline   Seizureman 

• Designated Idiot
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seizureman

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:39 PM

^^ and here I thought I was the only person to have ever heard of that.

Cant have a Shameless Quote if they won't tell me what it is...
401 BP

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users