Special Ops Paintball: guns and players - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

guns and players does the player make the gun or gun make the player Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

Nice equipment helps, but you still have to have skill.

I got better after I got better markers. I's serious...why? I got to spend more time playing rather than fixing my marker.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#17 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

I'd say it's a 50/50 deal because the player has to have a feel for there marker and they need to be comfterble with it. But in the same stroke as a Sabere, you need a marker that is easy to work with and good to use in tight spaces like the Daggers, but have the Snipers range and the fire rate of the Broadsword. It's a hard balencing act either for cash reasons if you a blue collor guy like myself or personal esthetics. In the end it's all up to you.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#18 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on May 9 2008, 05:31 PM, said:

I'd say it's a 50/50 deal because the player has to have a feel for there marker and they need to be comfterble with it. But in the same stroke as a Sabere, you need a marker that is easy to work with and good to use in tight spaces like the Daggers, but have the Snipers range and the fire rate of the Broadsword. It's a hard balencing act either for cash reasons if you a blue collor guy like myself or personal esthetics. In the end it's all up to you.

FYI all paintball markers have the same range,the only exception to it are apex's and flatlines but those are barrells and not markers.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#19 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:17 AM

The player makes the marker. I've seen guys with some serious markers get schooled with a Splatmaster.
I've gone up against players using electro's and full auto's and have still come away having out played them with my old Splatmaster.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#20 User is offline   Truchon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Truchon

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

Just like everyone else says the player makes the marker. The marker should be molded to the player not the other way around. The stereotypical good gun is often pictured having full auto but certain players, like myself, prefer to keep their marker semi auto. Its all about your style of play. A well put together marker won't make you better at what you do. But it can help your position feel more natural which helps you build confidence and more skill.

#21 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

thats why i got a tippmann 98 custom
some of my teammates got mad when i spent money upgrading it and not bying more paint so i can play longer, AND MADE ME MAD

first of all a good gun should have extra things avalible for it, that way a player that already likes the gun goes on he can do things like add a response trigger, which i did

i didn't add it so i could go full auto, i but it so i could do what i wanted better, if a guy likes to supress for an entire squad at a time he probabally will start with a so called "good" gun and modify it to shoot faster

i like to supress but also like to do most of my shooting in short burst, so i can burn a bag or four bags and still be effective
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#22 User is offline   Funka Wunka 

• Beta Force
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Funka Wunka

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

The player makes the gun, however if the gun doesn't shoot straight, or breaks paint often it handicaps the player.

My a5 was shooting all over the place, my teammate let me borrow his freak kit and I did great the rest of the game.

#23 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:45 AM

View PostFunka Wunka, on May 11 2008, 04:48 PM, said:

The player makes the gun, however if the gun doesn't shoot straight, or breaks paint often it handicaps the player.

My a5 was shooting all over the place, my teammate let me borrow his freak kit and I did great the rest of the game.

it sounds more like the gun makes the player

an unskilled player with the worlds best gun will never beat a skilled player with a piece of crap walmart gun (at least until it falls apart) :)

This post has been edited by kingcheese: 13 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

offical saber #137

#24 User is offline   Urban_Warfare 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Urban_Warfare

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

i believe the only reason most new and veteran paintballers get expencive guns and equipment is so when they get it, they have more confidence in that thing, meaning they have more confidence in theirselves, thats why i try to tell teammates and new players when they say "i need a new this, or that, or this sucks i'm gonna get a new this" i ask them if they have practced in that area, and if they need it for more a better reason like worn out pads or something broke, thats the only time it would be the only reason to buy any paintball related equipment

#25 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

The gun completely makes the player! :P

Kidding of course. Having expensive guns and equpiment means NOTHING if you don't have the skill and experience to back it up.

This post has been edited by blackcellsniper15: 12 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#26 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

View PostUrban_Warfare, on May 12 2008, 09:15 PM, said:

i believe the only reason most new and veteran paintballers get expencive guns and equipment is so when they get it, they have more confidence in that thing, meaning they have more confidence in theirselves, thats why i try to tell teammates and new players when they say "i need a new this, or that, or this sucks i'm gonna get a new this" i ask them if they have practced in that area, and if they need it for more a better reason like worn out pads or something broke, thats the only time it would be the only reason to buy any paintball related equipment

i aqgree with this, my friend had some cheap electro spyder that crapped out the second game he used, the board started skipping modes then messsing up his game and it also leaked co2

but while that gun did last he was skilled enough to use the gun but not to use it to its full potential

my friend wants me to add upgrades to my gun, but when i add them i add them one at a time to make sure i can still use it to its full potential, right now i add around $20-30 worth of parts every game i play but not always
offical saber #137

#27 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

View PostUrban_Warfare, on May 12 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

Well, as an experienced player, I don't really agree with this. The extra money spent on a higher end gun goes towards quality and reliability. What that means to me on the field is this: Every time I pull the trigger it will shoot a paintball and it will not break during normal use.

Spending more money on the high end stuff doesn't make me any more confident in myself. For instance, I own two pump markers. Playing with them against semi's is a handicap. By your reasoning I should feel less confident when playing with a pump than with a semi. But I don't. I'm plenty confident in my skills to go out on the field with a handicap and still play.

And that's the whole point. One's skills are what's important. The fact that many people play just as well - if not better - with a pump as with a semi, to me, is proof enough.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#28 User is offline   Duk139 

• The antiGremlin now with n00b smiting action
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:twchDUK

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

Mothers make people. People play (and like) paintball. People turn into players. Players buy markers. Players want "better" markers. Players upgrade markers. Players have "made" guns.

Player still unsatisfied with marker. Player has idea. Player learns how to work CAD software and finds a mill. Player makes marker.

ask silly question, get silly answer

#29 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

Not to mention how fast you learn to aim when you have a slow marker or pump, compared to startin with a 20 BPS marker. Although it is fun slinging paint... its not really a skill.

#30 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

Nice equipment can help, but only to an extent. For example, at the field I go to, I saw a guy come with a few Talon Ghosts(the plastic pump guns worth about 5$) He went up against a bunch of guys with electros and came pretty close to beating them on the woodsball field. The point is, you can have the best gun out there, and still suck. All you need to do is practice practice practice, and when you get tired, practice some more.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users