• You cannot reply to this topic

Is this regulation? Some awnser this question please Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sgtcarlisle 

• Carlisle8642
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Privatecarlisle

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:27 AM

When i was still in the states last year my team played a game against the field in the next county... well they had a guy named david that used an A-5. well with his A-5 he removed some trigger pins so the marker shot as if it had a E-Trigger on it. The other team commander and I had a dispute about this after the game when my team was asking questions about his marker. Some say you can do it but others say you cant. My team asked me to ask on here and see what people say. Is it actually ok to do these kind s of things to a marker?? His was choppin a crap load of paint to so i dont see it as a good thing. Plus it decreaed his accracy but raised his rate of fire. :P
Infantry all the way, Path finders show the way!!! Pvt.Carlisle!!

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:48 AM

he did the crummy FA mod. He stuck a paper clip or other small object in the hole in the sear. It creates a kind of full auto. Problem is you rarley will get any paint to load right, you will chop the vast majority, as it isn't fully cycling (hence the chopping). Also it wears out your internals MUCH faster. If he wants to do it, that's his perogative. It isn't safe, and isn't legal on ANY fields. But if he wants to damage his marker and not be able to shoot right, let him. He will be useless on the field then.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

As for a legality concerning rules, this is purely up to the field(s) he is playing at. I can tell you that I've never heard of a commercial field that would allow this sort of full auto if they knew how it was accomplished.

Other than that, I think it's a dumb idea for the reasons Legato pointed out.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#4 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

i'd bet money his marker was turned into a nice expensive paperweight shortly after that experience. no, its not legal at ANY field. its hard enough to get to use an RT at most fields as it is, much less egrip modes. that mod is haggard, and a dumb idea in general. thats why there are things like gatlin cranks, and the above mentioned products. they wont destroy your markers internals.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#5 User is offline   pigtech 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:56 AM

View PostSgtcarlisle, on Jul 21 2008, 03:27 AM, said:

When i was still in the states last year my team played a game against the field in the next county... well they had a guy named david that used an A-5. well with his A-5 he removed some trigger pins so the marker shot as if it had a E-Trigger on it. The other team commander and I had a dispute about this after the game when my team was asking questions about his marker. Some say you can do it but others say you cant. My team asked me to ask on here and see what people say. Is it actually ok to do these kind s of things to a marker?? His was choppin a crap load of paint to so i dont see it as a good thing. Plus it decreaed his accracy but raised his rate of fire. :ghillie:

This depends entirely on two things:

1 - What rules you were using at the field (some allow only semi-auto, others allow other firing modes.)
2 - How it was firing. You say "as if it had an E-Trigger" and an E-Trigger, when set to semi-auto mode is legal under most rules.
Bill Mills, Technical Editor, WARPIG.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users