• You cannot reply to this topic

Vest question Tiberius Arms mags Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TheGhillieMan

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

I'm almost 100% positive that I'm going to be getting a Tiberius T9.1 this summer. I want to run it off of the mags, not off of a hopper. However, I don't want to only have one or two mags and be constantly reloading them on the field. That's not practical at all.

So, I'll be buying some spare mags when they release the gasless mags (more economical). This leads me to my problem. Where am I going to put those mags where they will be readily reachable for quick reloads?

I almost always wear a ghillie suit (although I'm thinking about getting a second set of clothes for when I play at the local field because my ghillie suit doesn't do anything there). The tri-mag holder offered by Tiberius Arms isn't going to work well because of my ghillie suit. The custom PPP pack done by FEAR/SpecialOps paintball looks neat...but I'd be putting the mags under the back side of the suit. That would make it a pain to not only reach behind and pull a mag out, but also to put the spent one back. While I'm using my ghillie, that option is out.

Are there any vests that you guys might recommend me? Maybe I'll have to go with something custom. Regardless, any advice you guys might have to offer me would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

I went with a RAP4 tac ten with a cross draw for my T8 and 3 mags on leg (i have 2 17 round mags that get in the way if they were on my chest).
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/black-bir...ht-color-desert

but instead of a holster you probably want 2 front pouches http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/black-bir...-pouch-woodland

#3 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:53 AM

Enabling Buyer Friend Mode.... on.

I can see where you are coming from Ghillie Man... and Im gonna give you advice but its up to you to decide what you want to do.

A vest over a ghillie suit has never been a widely accepted concept so SO doesn't make that type of product unless its been ordered custom made. However, a ghillie suit with a right vest will make good results and work perfectly, this on the count of all the extra heat, as most SO vests ventilate well. Now Im assuming you have an Action Ghillie and you have at least $120 to spend on top of the new T9 youre getting (since you stated that you might be getting new clothes). Depending on your torso size, camouflage pattern on the ghillie, I recommend you aim for one of the following vests:

Rouge Chest Pack
Operative V2 Vest System
Forge Vest System: Stock class back or MOLLE back; zip front or whicheve you want more.
Custom Vest System.

There's a trend in the list, these vests are either MOLLE compatible or Webbing Type-ish Harness'.

The point of the MOLLE is its a good place to hang ghillie leaf and you can put in any mag holders on the platform or bags and in your case, holster the T9 (when its barrel is off).

Its common knowledge that the SAS and other Special Ops Groups use Ghillies. and that they use Webbing Type Harnesses made of kevlar and dragonskin when in ghillie suits. The harness vents air better than full vests and they offer adequate protection for stealth missions and a capacity to carry field equipment and supplies.

As for a place to hold mags, you have several options. You could have mag pouches made custom for MOLLE, or you could look around the new Stock class for options that will work for you.

But my best suggestion is get something custom made. Go to vest builder and build yourself a platform on a Webbing type harness then e-mail or Pm MOATI or Breanna to get quotes on something really custom on the vest. Id go for some MOLLE on the back and/or on front so you can put some new things on whenever you feel like it (it would look something like a Blackcell Alias vest.). As for the mags, the new zipper pouch could hold em, but since I dont know which mags youre talking about or how they look like, you should take a look around the store's inventory to see if you find anything that will work.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#4 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:55 AM

Neat, I'm liking that pocket that attaches to the vest. That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Thanks.

Edit: I am also looking at maybe doing something custom. I want to find the cheapest way that I can do this. Maybe I could pick up some of those mag pouches and attach them...I'll do some research. Meantime any other advice is welcome :facepalm:. Thanks for what has been given so far.

This post has been edited by TheGhillieMan: 13 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

I'm actually really liking that harness idea...that'll make modding my suit to accomodate the harness easier. I'll have to send Mo a PM once I get home and get my finances worked out.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

Happy to help GhillieMan... welcome to the forums.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#7 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

Thanks.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   scooby doo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:machine gun expert

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

sorry to thread jack but this may be helpful to you.

http://www.pepperbal...php?item_id=220

if the t9.1 is like the t8.1 then you will probably need to do this mod:
http://www.milsimemp...hp?f=15&p=84928

#9 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:28 AM

Actually, according to what I've been reading, they're releasing new mags next week that don't have the CO2 chamber at around $15-$20 a pop :laugh:.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

View Postscooby doo, on May 13 2010, 08:27 PM, said:

sorry to thread jack but this may be helpful to you.

http://www.pepperbal...php?item_id=220

if the t9.1 is like the t8.1 then you will probably need to do this mod:
http://www.milsimemp...hp?f=15&p=84928

yeah i bought those!!!!! see sig!!!

great deal on mags....

View PostTheGhillieMan, on May 14 2010, 05:28 AM, said:

Actually, according to what I've been reading, they're releasing new mags next week that don't have the CO2 chamber at around $15-$20 a pop :happy:.

i too am in your boat...
I have marker in my sig (not most liked marker oh well).....
i had a blast playing a couple of weeks ago....
i had the x7 lp hopper on and thought of using the cac cap but then would have had to reload a few too many times.....

i too like the tac 9.1 ranger (think it is that one)
my only thing is that for snipers.. great.... FS rounds would be nice for long range shots quietly.....8rnd mags on a rifle to play not sure about yet...
ok so you can run a hopper or q-loader.. but then to me that defeats the point of the 9.1 mag fed....

i ended up ordering a custom vest (still not here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
i was on the verge of getting the rap4 with the molle setup.. but instead for not much more i ordered through specops....

because i wanted most flexability... I ordered everything that would work with or without my tac 8.1... soooo.

3x 2+1 pod holders on back
tank holder on back
2 pod holder on front right
pistol pouch on front left w/1 mag holder
tac 8.1 mag pouch above pistol (not sure how many it will hold)
id pouch

this setup leaves 1 2 pod holder off that i could put on if i didnt want the pistol pouch on but with pistol pouch on i maybe able to put that 2 pod on my back too....

that is serious overkill i know... but owning it and deciding to run everything or just tank and a 2pod older is awww so nice...
i say definitely go molle....

also i saw someone posted a vest... it held mags around the waste... like 6 fullsize mags for milsim guns or 2 pistol mags in each slot for ALOT of mags.....

there is so much you can do.. u just have to figure out what will work for you......

whatever you go with let us know...!!!!!
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#11 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:27 AM

think this is what i was talking about...

http://www.airsoftfo...res-t26717.html
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#12 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

I think I've got this more or less figured out now.

I did some looking around...I noticed the Dagger X vest, and the front of it is perfect for what I am looking for. I'd get a custom made vest with the front of the Dagger X, and instead of having all of that stuff in the back, just have a belt running all the way around to connect the base. The harness straps I will run up through the ghillie to the top and over.

The front of the Dagger X is MOLLE, and right in the two spots that I want it. I found a MOLLE pocket on Milsig that will hold 5 Tiberius 8.1 mags for something like $40. I could order that and attach it, or if SpecOps can make me something similar for a similar price, that's what I'm going to go for.

Edit: The more that you look...the more you come across hidden gems. I found a thread under the soft goods section which led me to a guy who is looking for basically the same thing. That led me to a guy who runs pistol with the Tiberius T8.1, and his vest, which is a chest rig. Hello $40 chest rig. Perfect.

This post has been edited by TheGhillieMan: 17 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users