Special Ops Paintball: My 98custom E-Pro/ACT outshooting a VL-VLocity Loader - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1

My 98custom E-Pro/ACT outshooting a VL-VLocity Loader I must be doing something wrong. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xscout 

• Texas OPFOR Team Leader
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:xscout

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:39 AM

Ok, I have your standard E-trigger Custom Pro 98 WAS board set at the default ROF of 15BPS on ramping mode. I have no complaints, and plan on using this marker for years and years more. I recently got a VL-VLocity Loader, in the hopes that it would match the 15bps ROF, as well as allow me to bump up my ROF to 20...the marker has no problems cycling at this speed, but I'm sticking at 15 until I resolve the "skipping" going on.

I've tried all new batteries in marker and hopper.
Great paint, and even with the "skips" never a chop, never a break in the hopper nor the barrel.
Using HPA, fully filled, regged to 850 on a 115/4500 tank.
The VL-VLocity Loader has settings from 1 through 8, with higher number settings providing more pressure on the "stack" of balls, and I have seen no change in the skipping with settings changed...I'm using the stock board

What seems to be happening is that my marker is shooting faster than the balls are being loaded, and the ACT is doing it's job and not chopping...a string of 15bps is actually maybe 12, or 11...then almost up to 14, then more "skips".

About the only thing that seems like an obvious fix would be doing a vertical feed mod, so that the balls are going directly into the marker, and not at a 45 degree angle with the standard tippmann 98 feedneck...but I'd like to eliminate other options first.

Thanks for your time.

X

#2 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Ever heard of the term: Blow Back Gases, that what is slowing down the Feed Rate from the Hopper....its common problem with Tippmanns and you have 2 solutions....switch to the Cyclone or drill two holes, One on Each Side of the Elbow Feed, the holes works just like a QEV (Quick Exhaust Valve), making it easier for the Balls to Free Fall into the Breech as it should.

#3 User is offline   xscout 

• PipPip

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 22 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

Ever heard of the term: Blow Back Gases, that what is slowing down the Feed Rate from the Hopper....its common problem with Tippmanns and you have 2 solutions....switch to the Cyclone or drill two holes, One on Each Side of the Elbow Feed, the holes works just like a QEV (Quick Exhaust Valve), making it easier for the Balls to Free Fall into the Breech as it should.

Great idea, and cheap too.
I have doubts that the VL-VLocity Loader on the 8 setting is getting the ball stack shoved that far out of the way, but easy to test.
Thanks man :)

#4 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

Its one of those mods where you really cant go wrong.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

An option is to use a power feed. They make some nice high quality ones for the 98: http://www.pwpaintball.com/parts_accessori...eed_adaptor.htm

What is basically does is put a 90 degree bend in the neck, and instead of the blowback gases pushing balls up the feed neck it hits the balls and they ricochet off the wall of the power feed and into the chamber actually increasing your feed rate. It's as good as a force feed hopper or cyclone. It isn't for everyone though as it can block your sight picture.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:17 AM

View Postxscout, on Feb 22 2008, 12:01 PM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 22 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

Great idea, and cheap too.
I have doubts that the VL-VLocity Loader on the 8 setting is getting the ball stack shoved that far out of the way, but easy to test.
Thanks man :)

Actually you should thank the guy who came up with the idea that is posted at http://model98.org/ which is also an Old School Mod when the Model 98 (not the 98 Custom) came out.

#7 User is offline   xscout 

• PipPip

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:04 PM

Thanks again for the help.

I got it fixed...there was a bit of plastic that had somehow gotten lodged along the curve of the feedneck, just out enough to cause some balls to slowdown, but not break. It was black and was just around the curve where looking down into it it was hidden, but pulling the feedneck off and looking the other direction it came out with a q-tip. For giggles boosted the ROF to 20 bps, worked like a champ.

I appreciate the help folks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users