Special Ops Paintball: Aerial Photo of our Field - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aerial Photo of our Field any suggestions on what we could do to make it better? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ~LURCH~ 

• Elite Sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:~LURCH~

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:43 AM

Here is an Aerial Photo of our Field in Bayfield, Colorado. I Drew the bases and boundaries in and made it where we could hang up a 36X24 poster at the field so people who have never been there before could understand the terrain and the layout of the field. We used GPS to obtain distances between bases and overall field layout. The field is on BLM (Bureau of Land Management) so its not private property I was wondering if we could hold a sppl event at our field or not or a scenario. We don't have any man made structures or pillboxes there because we want to keep the field as untouched as possible so the Forrest Service won't get mad at us building structures and destroying the land. We did build bunkers out of sticks and brush that was cut due to fire mitigation and placed those throughout the field I'm hoping we can have one heck of a event there some day I want an opinion from someone at spec. ops about our field and let us know if we could host a sppl event or just a sppl scrimage?

Attached File(s)

Your Rear End is the only thing to wipe. View My Special Ops Brigade Page
webdog radio warpig

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

I'd make a suggestion that you try not to have the elim zones on the same road...because from what I can tell, you can see one from the other...

-Tenacious

#3 User is offline   ~LURCH~ 

• Elite Sniper
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:24 AM

View PostTenacious221, on Sep 8 2006, 11:48 AM, said:

I'd make a suggestion that you try not to have the elim zones on the same road...because from what I can tell, you can see one from the other...

-Tenacious

there is a bend in the road so you can't see the opposing teams elimination zone
we are trying to get more guys playing in the area so we can get more people and have more ref's

webdog radio warpig

#4 User is offline   ~LURCH~ 

• Elite Sniper
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:33 AM

I'm still wanting to hear more input about the field.

webdog radio warpig

#5 User is offline   Arca_ex 

• Arca_ex
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Arca_ex

Posted 08 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

Just a quick question. Do you have it taped off or anything? Why would civilians be walking onto the field? (It's in the rules section of the field picture.)

#6 User is offline   rob45 

• Dr.B
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rob54

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

seems great! but 1 question is that road that your elimination zones are on, the same road that the people use to get to that housing complex (or whatever that is)? if you havent already though of that that might be and issue!

i like that ample space for flanking all looks great :happy:
IPB Image
Sabre-If we can't do it it doesn't need to be done.
My birgade page Team site ixradios google (got to love it) idaho forums

#7 User is offline   ~LURCH~ 

• Elite Sniper
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

View PostArca_ex, on Oct 8 2006, 06:17 PM, said:

Just a quick question. Do you have it taped off or anything? Why would civilians be walking onto the field? (It's in the rules section of the field picture.)

its BLM land Bureau of land managment. public land some people hike on BLM land also if a parent showed up and decided to walk on the field I thought I would put that in there for safety issues I played with the Tunka guys up in Boulder and when we played there were hikers and mountain bikers comming through the field all day so it's just a safty thing.

and yes there is orange surveying tape around the field but its not all continuouse some places its just flagged every 5 or 10 feet. or small flags with wire stuck into the ground. hikers might not know what it is for

View Postrob45, on Oct 10 2006, 09:10 PM, said:

seems great! but 1 question is that road that your elimination zones are on, the same road that the people use to get to that housing complex (or whatever that is)? if you havent already though of that that might be and issue!

i like that ample space for flanking all looks great :blush:

yes that is the road to get to the house and its the only house on that road, but the owner of the house usually plays with us so they are aware of the game if they see players they know that they should be carefull. also when we play if people hear a car they know to wait till it passes to continue play. I am thinking about moving the Elimination Zones off the road and onto the field a little bit. just to keep things safe.

This post has been edited by ALIEN PAINTBALL: 14 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

webdog radio warpig

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users