• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SP1 vs A5 Comparison of the two. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

I've seen a lot of A5 vs SP1 threads lately. Rather than taking the time to explain everything in each post, I'll just make this and link em to it. Here we go. (This is based on the markers being bone stock)

PRICE:
SP1 wins, as long as you buy new. But a lot of A-5's are floating around, and they go pretty cheap stock. So it depends if you can find one used stock.

ROF:
SP1 wins. Sure, the A5 has the cyclone system that can feed 15 BPS. But a stock A-5 cannot shoot that fast, so its unnecessary. And half the time I hear about a broken down A-5, its due to the cyclone having some issue. Out of the box, an SP1 can shoot 11 BPS, and even has full auto and three burst round.

AIR EFFICIENCY:
SP1 wins. The marker is low pressure, and also you must only move a small bolt with the air, instead of the heavy hammer for an A5. The SP1 simply can shoot more paintballs on the same tank.

WEIGHT/SIZE:
SP1 yet again. It is lighter, tighter, and more manueverable than the A-5. In addition, many A-5's are loaded with useless milsim and therefore are even heavier.

FIELD STRIP CAPABILITY:
SP1 wins again. With only three screws out, you can clean the bolt, re-lube, and throw it back together in under ninety seconds. I've never seen an A-5 taken apart that fast.

CHOPPING:
In my experience, I never see SP1's chop paint, even with bloated paint. On the contrary, I HAVE seen multiple instances of an A-5 owner desperately looking for a squeegie behind his choice of cover.

UPGRADABILITY:
A-5, hands down. Especially if you want milsim. SP1 is a much newer marker and therefore lacks the amount of upgrades the A-5 has.

VOLUME:
Depends what you want. If you want noise, A-5. If you prefer being quiet and undetected, SP1.

ACCURACY/ CONSISTENCY:
SP1 wins. It comes with a built in reg that allows for much greater consistency unlike a stock blowback, which allows unregulated CO2 to fluctuate and damage consistency. Not to mention, the SP1 has a much better stock barrel.

If I forgot something, please PM or post. Thank you.
SP1
Attached File  sp1.jpg (20.54K)
Number of downloads: 4
A-5
Attached File  tippmann_a5_side.jpg (42.06K)
Number of downloads: 2

This post has been edited by Match99: 26 April 2009 - 06:19 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users