• You cannot reply to this topic

pit of doom or not Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:17 AM

at my friends house there is a large feild that is covered in tall grass, and has hills on three sides, the grass is taller than we are

how would you have a team move across a field like this
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#2 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:01 AM

Um... Rapidly. You'll still leave telling trails (ahh, ahh, see what I did there?), IF you're not blatantly obvious to begin with. If the scenario of the game requires you to move across THAT field, run as fast as you can, as spread out as possible. Otherwise, just don't go through it. Those hills sound kinda nice! :)
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#3 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

Work the perimeter of the field. Place a spotter on the hills to radio down to you what he sees. Any almost cartoonish wiggles in the grass you make anyone will make as well. The spotter can direct you to or away from those. If you don't need to cross it find any trail in it and turn the trail into a fire lane.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#4 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

This is a question more suited for the tactics section so I hope you posted it there as well.

There is a lot to think about when you're actually playing -- what is your objective, where are the opponents, what is your time limit, how many players do you have, what is your equipment, what is theirs, what is the likeliness that they will setup and ambush here or have patrols or a defensive position, what is the size of the field, where are the objectives, and many more. Lots to think about, so keep that in mind.

Now tactically speaking, if the grass is taller than all of you guys you might consider moving in a tight file through it so that you can all maintain visual contact and stay in a small group (less likely to be detected by patrol). Now if you can be spotted (and fired on) from any of the hills, you might consider taking the most preferable high ground. When moving in a tactical file, you want your number 1 man leading the way (so having him be the team leader is preferable in my opinion) and his sector of security is straight ahead. Your number 2 man's sector of security is either to the left and front or to the right and front, your number 3 man's security is the opposite, and your number 4 man's security is to the rear. This is called 360║ security. If you have more or less than 4 players (which I imagine you might) then just improvise, so long as you have 360║ security.
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#5 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

View PostSaifoda2, on May 1 2008, 02:12 PM, said:

This is a question more suited for the tactics section so I hope you posted it there as well.

Posting the same topic in more than one section is generally frowned upon. He could have posted it there instead of here, but not both.

Back to the main subject here...
I'd say it depends on your objective and, more importantly perhaps, the whereabouts of your enemies. For example, if they're all directly across the field from you, you can probably just move forward relatively unchallenged at first. If they have high ground over there, set up bases of fire and leap-frog your way across. If they're located in multiple positions around the field, it's kind of hard to give advice without knowing what it is that you need to accomplish.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

at the very bottom of the hills there are 4- 6 feet deep creek beds with plenty of fallen tress and treeroots covering the top but is hard to get out of
offical saber #137

#7 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

View Postmurdercrow, on May 1 2008, 04:01 AM, said:

Um... Rapidly. You'll still leave telling trails (ahh, ahh, see what I did there?), IF you're not blatantly obvious to begin with. If the scenario of the game requires you to move across THAT field, run as fast as you can, as spread out as possible. Otherwise, just don't go through it. Those hills sound kinda nice! :tup:

we are going to duke it out in that feild playing a sort of king of the hill type game that also has you attacking bases

the game will last hours and bases will be on an area on the hills and the other side of the feild one of those hills wont be used very mutch becuase of a boundry

my bunker is on the hill

its also heard to run through this grass becuase its really thick,but it can be done

This post has been edited by kingcheese: 11 May 2008 - 04:49 PM

offical saber #137

#8 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

View Postkingcheese, on May 11 2008, 04:48 PM, said:

View Postmurdercrow, on May 1 2008, 04:01 AM, said:

Um... Rapidly. You'll still leave telling trails (ahh, ahh, see what I did there?), IF you're not blatantly obvious to begin with. If the scenario of the game requires you to move across THAT field, run as fast as you can, as spread out as possible. Otherwise, just don't go through it. Those hills sound kinda nice! :laugh:

we are going to duke it out in that feild playing a sort of king of the hill type game that also has you attacking bases

the game will last hours and bases will be on an area on the hills and the other side of the feild one of those hills wont be used very mutch becuase of a boundry

my bunker is on the hill

its also heard to run through this grass becuase its really thick,but it can be done

Work the peremeter and control the hights.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#9 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

found out that are teams will be around five to ten people each,

so i was thinking that there was a traill that starts on top of the hill our base is on and goes down to behind their base, and a lot of ground cover and small side trails and places to set traps

i was wondering if i should leave two people on the hill to protect the base, run a couple with me on the trail, and send the rest down the feild and creeck beds in small groups

most the people who know the feild will be with me
offical saber #137

#10 User is offline   cowcow2831 

• ME
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cowcow2831

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

Well i would send some kind of scout out, to ...scout... Then run at a dead sprint... if i had tanks i would use them as mobile cover
:laugh: :ninja: :blink:
L.I.P Matt

#11 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

well, as they said very well in the Jurrasic Park series:

DONT GO IN THE TALL GRASS!!!!!!!

flank it, its insaneley easy to get ambushed or run through in tall grass. Hit the hills. If you have to go thru the field, run like a PERTURBED off Raptor is about to disembowel you and eat you alive.
The Free 19th.

#12 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

Tanks. :) Air detonation paint. :alien: creepy sneaky guys. :happy: :ninja:

Thats how you play it. :laugh:

#13 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:57 AM

Cut the grass and leave the trimmings there. Get a ghilli suit, match it to the terrain and the creep across really slowly.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#14 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Jun 1 2008, 03:57 AM, said:

Cut the grass and leave the trimmings there. Get a ghilli suit, match it to the terrain and the creep across really slowly.

not my property, so i cant make any long term changes, like cuttung the grass

and cant aford a gillie suit for my entire team, i might not have said this, but i need to know how to get my entir team accros
offical saber #137

#15 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

Burn it, and use the smoke to mask your movements :mellow: I would avoid it entirely. If I had to move across it, I'd stick to the edges, as close the the trees as possible. If you cant do that, look for natural depressions that you can move along to use as cover

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users