• You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword tactics lets hear what works Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• I AM BOB, DESTROYER OF WORLDS
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BOB THE AXE

Post icon  Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:27 PM

I've been seeing some new members posting in the broadsword forums and it got me thinking.
Why don't we get all of our collective knowledge in this thread for all the new broadswords or the ones who suck (like me) to help them become better at what love the most. All the tiniest tips and trick to the biggest "why didn’t I think of that" suggestions like:
How to stay hidden for an ambush?
What how much cover is necessary?
What is a good BPS for suppression fire?
And other things you’ve noted that has improved you game. So post ‘em here and I expect allot of information to be gathered here.

*edit*
removed a hypocritical statment. flame to your hearts content!

This post has been edited by MRDEATHWISH: 18 February 2007 - 07:49 PM

"Trying to be less of an A-hole even if it does not seem like it."
1st Member of the SIGless union.

#2 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:57 PM

View PostMRDEATHWISH, on Feb 17 2007, 05:27 PM, said:

1.) How to stay hidden for an ambush?
2.) What how much cover is necessary?
3.) What is a good BPS for suppression fire?
4.) And other things you’ve noted that has improved you game. So post ‘em here and keep the flaming down because I expect allot of information to be gathered here.

Alright the things I have learned.

1.) Well as you all know we're not snipers by any means we carry far more paint and far less cammo so if we're needed on an ambush then I feel that we should take the same tactics in that as we would in defence stay down behind whatever cover we can find and wait for the enemy to pass by then open up that five gallon can of whoop DUMPER that everyone else calls a hopper and take them out full auto should work well and sweep from back to front if nothing else you should get most of them and put the rest into a good state of confusion.

2.) this really depends on team sizes and field size I've been known to be able to hold three or so newbies behind a bunker for a fair amount of time just using a peppering tactic lean out and if you know where they are pepper the bunker they are hiding behind to let them know you still know they are there and they will think twice about moving or peeking out for a bit this should give your guys enough time to get up there and take them at a closer range.
My teams advantage is 2 broadswords on a smaller team and we are brothers in arms we damn near know what the other is thinking and we have great comm. skills which also helps so we together can grid lock a team for our guys and in the end we walk off knowing what we did may not have won the war but it pushed it into our favor a lot.

3.) this really depends on your enemy if they aren't scared of you poppping off one or two shots a second then you need to speed it up but from what I've noticed most players will look twice and duck if you whip a shot past them high BPS is a great intimidator though I've used it playing against newbies I just go to the range and test fire a hopper and then walk by them in all my gear and they really worry that I might open up on them like that infact one kid actually asked if I was the guy with the machine gun.
High BPS helps cover a little you can sweep bunkers a little better with full auto and it allows you to kind of walk your shots in.

4.) With all that I listed already the biggest thing I have learned is when we are on offence we need to stay to the back (yea just like in all the movies) until our guys call for the pig then we know what to do move up and lay paint on target so our guys can get moving again. As broadswords we hold the weight of a team on our shoulders our sabres daggers and comanders need us to get them past the gridlock in battle and turn that 1 on 1 gun fight into a 3 on one gun fight.

Damn guys now I feel like shotting and all I got coming up is a speedball game next weekend, but hell it's still paintball B)
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#3 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

View Postdillz, on Feb 17 2007, 05:57 PM, said:

4.) And other things you’ve noted that has improved you game. So post ‘em here and keep the flaming down because I expect allot of information to be gathered here.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Thanks for all the great intel. But those questions were not inteded to be answered directly as if they were actual questions instead of examples. But all your information will indead be helpfull to some one who reads this topic. In addition all active users on the broadsword forums should place some of their experiences here with nifty diagrams and things.

*edit* Now, get posting! Please.

This post has been edited by MRDEATHWISH: 17 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

#4 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:38 AM

View PostMRDEATHWISH, on Feb 17 2007, 08:18 PM, said:

View Postdillz, on Feb 17 2007, 05:57 PM, said:

4.) And other things you've noted that has improved you game. So post 'em here and keep the flaming down because I expect allot of information to be gathered here.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Thanks for all the great intel. But those questions were not inteded to be answered directly as if they were actual questions instead of examples. But all your information will indead be helpfull to some one who reads this topic. In addition all active users on the broadsword forums should place some of their experiences here with nifty diagrams and things.

*edit* Now, get posting! Please.

Hmmmmm, asks for help and advice. Asks for flaming to be kept at a minimum. Gets the first response and then proceeds, himself, to flame the responder............

Good luck!!!!

:usa:

#5 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

View PostLoveMyMagMoreThanYou, on Feb 18 2007, 09:38 AM, said:

Hmmmmm, asks for help and advice. Asks for flaming to be kept at a minimum. Gets the first response and then proceeds, himself, to flame the responder............

Good luck!!!!

Thanks for pointing out my hypocritical nature. :D And I am also sorry that you took my reply as negative. This thread was made to gather all the information to help newer broadswords or some that need an edge become better. Although Dillz did give some excellent advice, I just wanted to post that those questions were not the only criteria that needs to be met all advice will be accepted whole heartedly. :D

#6 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

No offence taken man :D
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#7 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

I didn't really take it as too negative. But you did paraphrase the good advice given by Dillz as "Blah Blah Blah" If you look up the meaning of blah, it is: "

Blah is a token word with no meaning of its own, usually used to illustrate generic, boring speech. It may be used to fill in blank space, or to replace another word or phrase. It's for this last purpose that blah is sometimes assumed to mean something negative because it is used to replace a word that may be unpleasant, but blah itself is neutral. If spoken aloud the tone can usually be used to determine the speaker's intent." - quoted from Wikipedia.

But, to stay on topic, I think that Dillz's comments were very good. :P

#8 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:55 PM

Oh, I see this changes everything I just useded the blah blah blah to cut down on space so the reader wont have to troll through so much reused post. Sorry dillz I didn't mean to offend!

Well LoveMyMagMoreThanYou do you have anything to add on the subjects of broadsword tactics?

This post has been edited by MRDEATHWISH: 18 February 2007 - 09:56 PM

#9 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:03 PM

View PostMRDEATHWISH, on Feb 18 2007, 10:55 PM, said:

Oh, I see this changes everything I just useded the blah blah blah to cut down on space so the reader wont have to troll through so much reused post. Sorry dillz I didn't mean to offend!

Well LoveMyMagMoreThanYou do you have anything to add on the subjects of broadsword tactics?

Infact, does anyone have any braodsword tactics they would like share?

#10 Guest_Apocolyptic_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

View PostMRDEATHWISH, on Feb 24 2007, 09:03 PM, said:

Infact, does anyone have any broadsword tactics they would like share?

Shoot as many balls at possible and hope they kill him. Sounds like me, and works for me. I've gotten a few people out that way. I just cant wait to post my results for Saturdays game, and first one I will post on Brigade page (finally).

#11 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:21 AM

View PostApocolyptic, on Mar 14 2007, 08:42 PM, said:

View PostMRDEATHWISH, on Feb 24 2007, 09:03 PM, said:

Infact, does anyone have any broadsword tactics they would like share?

Shoot as many balls at possible and hope they kill him. Sounds like me, and works for me. I've gotten a few people out that way. I just cant wait to post my results for Saturdays game, and first one I will post on Brigade page (finally).

Seriously guys, I some how hh=ave become more crappy since I have stoped playing during the winter (co2 + -20c = Gun does not work) and I would really like some help on how to win in the 1 on 1 things where your up against and enimy who is faster than you or is sometimes a sniper. I would also like some advice to be an all around better broadsword by just ucing tactics not gear. Oh, if you think "oh Bob isnt that bad at paintball", just look at my brigade page. Any help will be well apreciated, thanks.

#12 Guest_Apocolyptic_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:27 AM

Observation.... Quick moves, never stop moving. And as a broadsword, dont stop praying and spraying.

Observation.... Quick moves, never stop moving. And as a broadsword, dont stop praying and spraying.

#13 User is offline   Rich 

• Paintball is my life
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ww2patton

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

If your're playing as a broadsword in a game, your job is the same as a the squad gunner in the army, lay down surpresive fire so your guys can flank, fall back or leap frog foward.
When laying down surpressive fire your not just fire randomly in the direction of known enemy postions but rather to fire directly at them, If there is more then one KEP (known enemy postion) surpress the closest postion to were your men are going to (except if there moving back) five ore six shots is enough (direct) then move down successively.

In mout envirmonents the tactics get tighter and the kill zones increase (depending on condtions and house placements) things such as using windows to your advantage so forth.

ps search this in the tactics section
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#14 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• PipPip

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:43 PM

View PostRich, on Mar 15 2007, 02:36 PM, said:

If your're playing as a broadsword in a game, your job is the same as a the squad gunner in the army, lay down surpresive fire so your guys can flank, fall back or leap frog foward.
When laying down surpressive fire your not just fire randomly in the direction of known enemy postions but rather to fire directly at them, If there is more then one KEP (known enemy postion) surpress the closest postion to were your men are going to (except if there moving back) five ore six shots is enough (direct) then move down successively.

In mout envirmonents the tactics get tighter and the kill zones increase (depending on condtions and house placements) things such as using windows to your advantage so forth.

ps search this in the tactics section

If I were to search for this information, other will not be able to learn from other's expirences such as what you have done now.

#15 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR SQUADDIES. especially if your squaddies happens to be flanking the opfor at a high speed, you want to be able to keep up with them, then drop to a hasty fighting position and open up the 5 gallon can of ownage, and so on, In my experience as a broadsword, ive found that being able to keep up with the sabres, and having communication between everyone is KEY to a good game or a bad game. most of the time, the Broadsword is the guy providing cover fire for the sabre(s) to move up or cover them while theyre flanking. this is an example of a teamwork skill, being able to keep up, cover the sabres, having communication, and knowing where to lay the most hurt, and as well as being able to take cover rapidly, it works great for me. its useful even indoors, as ive used those tactics in large indoor fields and even small indoor fields. :dodgy: being able to fire off a whole bunch of paint is a good tool to have in your bag of tools, and a necessary thing IMO would be to have a squadmate next to you, or working with you so that he/she can keep an eye for you while youre laying paint on the opfor, (works if 10+vs10+) the fireteams i play with usually have a heavy fireteam and a medium/light fireteam working together, and since we mostly have fast markers, were pretty much suppressing everything lol
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users