• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speedball markers (Any suggestions?) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sweord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hey everyone! I just started paintball, and I want some suggestions on speedball markers, but I want to play woodsball occasionally, too. (Although I know that I can play either with any marker.) I'm looking at the Invert Mini, or maybe a Proto. Are there any good mid grade markers you guys want to recommend? My price range is about ~$300.

Thanks,

Sweord

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

The mini is a great choice, if it fits your hands well.

It's just plain too small for some people -- find someone who has one that will let you hold it and see what you think for yourself.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   Riddler 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

My recommendation is always to go with what YOU like, and to try out multiple markers if possible first. Personal preference > all.

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Question: are you designating 300$ for the Marker Alone, Or are you designating 300$ for the Marker, Tank, and Hopper?
Becuase that would definatly change the answer.

If your looking at around 300$ for a marker, looking into new markers:

Dangerous Power G3 and the DP G4 will both sit in the 250$ - 300$ you might be able to find the Dangerous Power G3 - IQ which is a semi- upgraded G3 but since the G4 came out it's price has dropped dramatically. ( 275$ ish, used to be an easy 350 - 400$ depending on store)

the Proto SLG ( If You can get the ULE frame, it is definatly recommended.)

Where I am a new Mini lists at 429.99, But if you say you can find one for 300$, your golden lol.

My opinion on the above markers:
The G4 is the "newest" of the group which means it will have the "awesome" factor behind it :laugh:
ALTHOUGH the G3 - IQ is a proven marker, and just becuase its a little old, does not mean it wont perform.
The Mini is a superb marker IMO and through my Experiance, the Grip does not work with my long slendey lady like fingers, But I still have a wierd attraction to it, maybe becuase i want what I cant have.

#5 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

the PMR and mini are both pretty good choices.

The only other thing I would suggest, is looking for a used gun instead. You will be able to get a high end gun used for the same price as a new mid range gun. I got an 04 borg as a back up for fairly cheap, and other then me hating the trigger (pure preference), and the size/weight (its actually surprisingly light for being from 04), this thing shoots amazing. I played the entire day with it at one practice, and I swear this gun shot nearly as smooth as my clone.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#6 User is offline   Sweord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

Where I am a new Mini lists at 429.99, But if you say you can find one for 300$, your golden lol.

Ta-da ;)

I've been looking at some of the higher-end markers, and MacDev's look really good, I might look on Ebay. :D I like Angels, too, lol. Maybe find a first marker used, and save for one of these.

I also noticed how small the Mini looks, so I might have to go with Proto.

#7 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

View PostSweord, on 06 August 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

Ta-da ;)

I also noticed how small the Mini looks, so I might have to go with Proto.

Polished Silver and red.
GET IT.
LOL. It looks so nice.
screw being not flashy in the woods.

that marker plus a Ninja tank ( with red N) plus any hopper, ( possible black and red rotor)
god that would have looks to kill

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 06 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

#8 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

My recommendation would be to look around your local field. Ask players (tourny players) if they're selling an old gun. I got an PM8 (proto matrix 08) for like $225 as a back up and loaner. It shoots just as good as my DM8 and just because it's 2 years old doesn't mean it's not as good as the current models. Hell I used to have a DM6 and it shot the same as all the NT's my teammates use, just the board wasn't as good and it was a little bit heavier.

The good part about buying a marker from someone at your field is that you can play with it a bit before buying it. Ya know, see if ya like it before dish'n out the cash.

The best people to ask though are the guys that work at the field and the owner, they will typically have a lot of older guns just sitting around that just need a good cleaning and lubing.
"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#9 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:01 AM

The trick to buying older Markers is to make sure you can get parts. I wouldn't recommend anything icd.

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

How big are you. I'm 5 foot 6 And the mini feels great in my hands.

And buy used. Don't be dumb though, check out their feedback, ask for details (scratches, problems), and make sure you get their information too incase it's a scam.

#11 User is offline   Sweord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

5'8". I got to try a Mini out yesterday (hold it, see how it feels), and I thought is was a very comfortable marker, IMO. The store owner was selling it for $325, right in my price range. :) I might buy it there, too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users