• You cannot reply to this topic

Remote coil or not? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MR. SNYP 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

Hey,
Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question so I am sorry if it is not.
Okay, I was wondering if I should carry my HPA in my pod belt when I'm sniping or if I should just carry the tank on my marker. My pod belt keeps me from running or moving fast when I need to and I only use it to carry my tank in, meaning no pods. So what do you guys prefer for sniping? Go remote or go with the tank on the marker?

Thanks,
MR. SNYP

:panzer:

#2 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

If your pod belt only limits your mobility, then where's the reason to put your tank in it? From here it looks like a no-brainer, using a pod belt only hinders you, leave the tank on the marker.

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

I would definitely try to use your tank on your marker. It's definitely a nice feeling and a huge bonus to play without wearing a harness.

The whole idea of "the marker balances better when running remote" isn't necessarily true. Sure the marker balances better, but if you spend any time getting familiar your marker it doesn't matter if the marker is front heavy our back heavy. Once you are used to it you can use it effectively.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

• You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

I personally like having a remote when sniping but I don't use pods. I use a tank holder (or whatever u call it) that attaches to my upper thigh. Its alot less clumsy than having it on your back and most likely wont get snagged on branches and stuff while crawling around.

#5 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

When I'm sniping with my autococker, I have my tank on my marker. But my secondary marker not in my back pack (yeah you heard me :P ) is on remote with my tank hooked to my custom vest and full auto capable :)

But that's when I'm pretty sure I'm gonna run into trouble :) My sniping marker (Autococker) I always have my tank on my marker.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#6 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:25 AM

View PostMR. SNYP, on Nov 18 2008, 08:25 PM, said:

Hey,
Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question so I am sorry if it is not.
Okay, I was wondering if I should carry my HPA in my pod belt when I'm sniping or if I should just carry the tank on my marker. My pod belt keeps me from running or moving fast when I need to and I only use it to carry my tank in, meaning no pods. So what do you guys prefer for sniping? Go remote or go with the tank on the marker?

Thanks,
MR. SNYP

:heart:

I have a 98C that I convert from M4 SOPMOD to sniper mode, and I prefer the remote on the marker in either case. Not having the gas on the marker reduces the weight, which makes for a more comfortable day of play, and the profile, which is a critical element to playing the sniper position.
Posted Image
Posted Image

In some environments, the tank can be a bit of a hassle, even on a remote, which is why I built myself my ultimate sniper weapon...

Posted Image

...very light, very low profile. I carry it onto the field as a pistol, with the barrel, stock, scope, and ghillie in my ALICE. No one should see a sniper enter the field, no one should see a sniper in the field, and no one should see a sniper come off the field. By entering the field with a pistol and a pack, I retain the element of surprise...another sniper essential.

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 22 November 2008 - 07:28 AM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   HOTCH 

• ^i make my own avatars^
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hotch

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

if you were to use a remote, you would need a stock to counterbalance the weight of the hopper/barrel
i still think keeping the tank on the gun is better because the remote will give you limited movement.
Hotch
98 custom with 20" smartparts barrel
limited edition white invert mini
mkx alias rocket launcher

Total Resistance
- demolition

PbN feedback +4/-0

#8 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

I've used my remote just a few times. So far, it has taken some getting used to. I have just gotten a vest for pb, and have yet to try the remote with it. I am hoping the vest will make using the remote less awkward. Thus far I prefer air on-marker. Just feels less tanglish. But we'll see. I love the feel and balance of my marker with the remote, but it is limited to that marker because is a custom job (wood stock). I see no advantage with other markers.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#9 User is offline   bob endo 

• Nemesis
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

Man up.
No remote.
My office is the absence of corners.

#10 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

i use a 98c with a remote. i like having my air off my gun because it makes it easier for me to move my gun around. i have a spec ops 2+tank pod pack that i wear on my left side, that way the tank doesnt stab me in the back when i play. the remote goes behind my back and to my gun. i find that the awkwardness of running with a pod pack is worth the ease of movement when stationary.

*edit: if you run remote then a spec ops remote cover is a must.

This post has been edited by andrew h: 27 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users