First FPS Video Blackcat Farewell '07 @ Fort Ord, Marina, CA Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CatharsisEGR

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:27 AM

Greets...

This past weekend I went to my second scenario event. The invite only Blackcat Farewell to 2007 -- Animal House. It was a great weekend and I met many new teams/folks from socal (OCMI, Clowns, most of Gridlock).. Also some cool folks from Vegas (702 Recon) and my good friends Ballcrackers made it too. Anyway.. I used my somewhat tricked out Tac-1 and just got in the EOTech 551 sight and helmet cam. Besides getting some live audio going I'd be glad to read peoples take on the video. I plan to make a lot more.

The event was great. I look forward to coming back in January again. I got a chance to try out somebodies gen 3 night vision along with the EOTech sight and it's pretty darn neat..

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=waoExLGSMAA

A higher quality AVI/Divx encoded file can be found here (97 megs):
http://files.egrsoftware.com/personal/pain...rewell.2007.avi

#2 User is offline   NEGOTIATOR 

• Dagger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:NEGOTIATOR

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:59 AM

Look like a great time to be had!

Thanks for the motivation video
<@}}}><

#3 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:22 AM

that was pretty cool. i wish they made good small cameras that shot great video. but other than that, good job
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#4 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:44 AM

cool video i like the music to it, is that a mag your shooting?

#5 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:54 AM

Nice video man!
What helmet cam were u using?
Could we get some pics of your gun??

#6 User is offline   RaginCajun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheRaginCajun

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

haha, pretty awesome! ;)
Charging alone takes uncommon daring or uncommon stupidity. Or both.

#7 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

florentine
>that was pretty cool. i wish they made good small cameras that shot great video. but other than that, good job

Thanks.. Yeah.. I'm using an mp4 recorder and apparently it's resolution is 320X240 which sucks. I stretched it to 624X352 (16:9) instead of 4:3. To me to fish eye effect of the camera is reduced and I have a 16:9 display, so it looks better in my opinion. Perhaps I can get some sort of reverse filter to remove the fish eye effect more. I'm also looking into getting an mp4 recorder that can do at least 640X480 as that will improve things greatly.

stolz:
>cool video i like the music to it, is that a mag your shooting?

Nice.. Yeah.. I spent the last 10 years focusing solely on music (DJing, producing, promoting, and new tech) and gave up paintballing to do this (the horror!). Finally came back to it all cause my music/culture interests are not big in the US and especially San Francisco.. I'll see about using one of my tracks for the next video.. :)

http://www.myspace.com/egrrecords (I'll probably use the 1st track there); also 10+ DJ mixes located further down in the page.

And it is a mag.. When I left balling 10 years ago I had an autococker and didn't really like mags. Getting back into things now I really wanted to stay mech compared to all the electros and mags are the way to go it seems. It rained a little at the Farewell '07 event and it was funny seeing all those folks with plastic bags over their markers.. I simply wrapped some camo wrap around my ported barrel to prevent water getting in the barrel and things were fine. I'm upgrading to the GForce pneumatic frame later this month, so I can't wait to check that out and be able to throw paint when needed..

Neo_Enhander:
>What helmet cam were u using?

The one from HelmetCamera.com

>Could we get some pics of your gun??

Will do.. I'll put it up in the marker gallery and link from here. I'm not done with my marker yet.. Gforce pneumatic frame is next and that may take a little tweaking cause I want to do it sleeper and I also like to mount the qloader on the bottom of the grip.

Thanks for the good words so far.. I'm really excited to video some action from the next TAW event at Travis AFB as the field there is pretty intense.

edit: for myspace url fix

This post has been edited by CatharsisEGR: 12 December 2007 - 08:57 PM

#8 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

that field was awesome dude, where was that at?? an old afb?

#9 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:22 PM

Do you like the longbow setup? Im thinking about getting the stock/shroud for mine, and getting an acog or reflex sight for it

#10 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

Well done, good footage and editing. I'm meaning to make it out there for a game sometime soon..

Lo

#11 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

Lomarandil:
>that field was awesome dude, where was that at?? an old afb?

It was at some abandoned barracks at Fort Ord which is a decommissioned army base near Monterey CA. I don't believe it is an official field open regularly.

On the other hand another really fun urban field that is now open publicly at Travis AFB:
http://www.60thservices.com/paintball

Both are neat. The field at Fort Ord is more regular with a lot of square blocks and buildings are rectangular inside and out. On the Travis field you can't enter buildings, but there are so many irregular hiding spots in car ports and the street layout is more winding residential. Both have their charms and I'll hit up any scenarios happening at both as urban play is darn fun.

Neo_Enhander:
>Do you like the longbow setup? Im thinking about getting the stock/shroud for mine, and getting an acog or reflex sight for it

I like it alot and it fits my play style. I'm not a heavy / suppression player. I like to maneuover into interesting shooting angles like in 4:15 in the video.

I'm going for more in the ambush/marksmen direction, but working more on "sabre" skills at first. I actually met up with a new acquaintance this past weekend that has a 5 acre lot and I hope to work on snap shooting and accuracy. I want to be able to always count on relatively straight shots and not break balls like some of the folks shooting electros. The paint this past weekend was bad and a lot of people were complaining. I never broke a ball while shooting like many folks. I did break balls while loading a pod and the oil based paint (oil in bags) was not the best for the qloader.

I really like clearance of having the sight and no visible hopper. The EOTech sight feels and works much better than a standard red dot. I prefer the qloader beneath the grip as it is more balanced and allows one to get the barrel into interesting spots again like the video at 4:15 without the pod beneath the barrel. It also allows variable barrel lengths as you kind of have to use a 16" or 18" barrel with the pod beneath for it to look feel & ok. I've settled on a 14" tip and can use a 10" tip for really close / indoor play if necessary. A friend of mine that has some machining skill made an awesome stock drop for the longbow stock and it fits my natural shooting position perfectly.

I'll certainly have some nice blooper outtakes of loosing whole pods from the qloader. This past weekend the connection hose up to the 90 degree angle piece popped off 2 times w/ ~100 balls flying out immediately in a very graceful and pretty arc . That kind of stuff can be fixed though and worked out.

One day I'll feel like I can switch to the longbow proper for fun/challenge once I really get the marksman skills worked out, but for now the "qbow" is great.

#12 User is offline   Wanted 

• Team Iced
  • PipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

I have to say that is one of the better videos out there. And that mag is making me really jealous right now.

Official Sniper #31
Automaggot # 142

#13 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:08 PM

great video and great information. Gotta love a reliable mag!
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#14 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:29 PM

Sweet vid, but I prefer live sounds rather then music. That's an amazing field though.

#15 User is offline   AMT 

• friend to many small animals
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AMT

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:02 PM

When is the next event at Fort Ord, and how do you get an invite?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users