• You cannot reply to this topic

Please... help... me... Tac 8.1 trobleshooting 101 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

First of all I've searched this forum to see if I can find anything about T8.1 trouble shooting. I've ran out of patience. This is the problem. I gas up the marker, I'm using Crossman 12 grams ( dunno if it really makes a difference)Testing it out just to dry fire. Put in the magizine, I take it off safe, pull trigger and not a damn thing happens. I adjust the velocity 4 or 5 turns re-gas it, and it starts sputtering every few seconds out of the allen screw where you adjust the velocity. I'm frustrated, tired and totally new to this marker. The last thing I want to do is break the damn thing the day I get in in the mail, trying to figure out why in the hell it won't work. Another question...if I may. There is a spring that is sticking out behind the trigger. Is that supposed to be there? Another tiny grip I have is that Tiberius I think needs to improve on their manuals. Add some trouble shooting ideas at least.

Any thoughts on the matter even ideas' to try will be alot of help. Thanks!
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#2 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

do you have to cock it...

#3 User is offline   Joe Cool 747 

• O HAI!
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

Have you taken it apart yet? Is it new or has it been used? Also you do not have to cock it, but if you take it apart you have to make sure the bolt is pushed about an eighth of an inch forward in order for it to fire properly. I think this may be the problem if nothing else is wrong.

#4 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

I'm returning this gun.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.

#5 User is offline   GUNFU 

• EL Gunfu
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:I_KNW_GUNFU

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

View Postdextonik, on 01 February 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

I'm returning this gun.

Make sure nothing is in the way of the puncture valve you may need to remove it check that you have the right one. The T9.1 and the T8.1 use the same reg. So also make sure they didn't give you the wrong valve. The T9.1 comes with a solid plug for remote use. Are your 12 gr getting punctured? Make sure you slam the mag just as you would a real fire arm so you get a proper seal. The mechanism is fairly simple and not really much that could go wrong.

How many mags do you have? If you can try a different mag to rule the mags out. We can work from there.

The spring is there for the trigger so it does go there. You need to make sure it's in the same place when you put everything back together.

Almost forgot as it was pointed out the bolt needs to be in the forward position if not you won't be able to fire. You will need to separate the grip and the frame and move the bolt forward past the trigger mechanism on the reg. Very simple. Most common issue when not being able to fire.

This post has been edited by GUNFU: 01 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

If you see my shadow it's already too late.

#6 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

If you took it apart, most likely you didnt put it back together right. If you put the bolt back in wrong, you've basically locked the sear...so it cant fire.

Theres no reason to return it without properly troubleshooting it.

Watch this video...its of the T9.1...but its practically the same process for the 8.1

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

Do the Crosmans even gas it up? I've heard of some coming out of the box not even filled...

#8 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

You have suffered the same thing I have with two previous Tiberius 8's. Sympoms macth right down to the sputtering.

I returned mine to the factory and they were repaired at no cost to me. Give them a call or drop an email. They really do try to take care of their customers.

#9 User is offline   Joe Cool 747 

• O HAI!
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 02 February 2011 - 09:54 AM, said:

Do the Crosmans even gas it up? I've heard of some coming out of the box not even filled...

Yeah, I've used the Crosmans ever since I got my dual T8s about a year ago and they've always worked just fine for me! Doesn't mean other people haven't had problems though...

#10 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

View PostGUNFU, on 01 February 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

View Postdextonik, on 01 February 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

I'm returning this gun.

Make sure nothing is in the way of the puncture valve you may need to remove it check that you have the right one. The T9.1 and the T8.1 use the same reg. So also make sure they didn't give you the wrong valve. The T9.1 comes with a solid plug for remote use. Are your 12 gr getting punctured? Make sure you slam the mag just as you would a real fire arm so you get a proper seal. The mechanism is fairly simple and not really much that could go wrong.

How many mags do you have? If you can try a different mag to rule the mags out. We can work from there.

The spring is there for the trigger so it does go there. You need to make sure it's in the same place when you put everything back together.

Almost forgot as it was pointed out the bolt needs to be in the forward position if not you won't be able to fire. You will need to separate the grip and the frame and move the bolt forward past the trigger mechanism on the reg. Very simple. Most common issue when not being able to fire.

I used 5 12 grams. All were full and they worked seeing that the mag ejected easily. I only have one mag. I received it two days ago. Ok remove the grip and frame. That's something I didn't do. I only took out the bolt and spring from the back and did it that way, only to find out that putting the spring back in just pushed the firing pin back to the back position. Also do all their markers come like that I mean with the bolt in the back position?

#11 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

What happens is when you move the bolt forward and put everything back together, you're then going to put the spring back in and then the barrel. That will push the bolt back a little bit, so the lip of the bolt is not locking the sear.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users