• You cannot reply to this topic

Girls Paintball Line Possibly, ideas?

#1 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

I finally convinced my parents to let me start a line of womens paintball clothing/gear/etc. Assuming I get someone to invest for startup costs, obviously. I'm thinking that a venture capitalist is the best way to go right now, but I need to write up a business plan, etc, in order to get one.

So, heres my ideas so far, if you want anything else be sure to let me know! Also if theres anything specifically you wish you found in gear (idk, zips on pants or something), even if youre a guy, let me know so I can think about including it.

Pants- kinda like a cross between inverts and JT's.
Shirts- I want some kind of tanktoppy thing (i hate jerseys in the summer, but tank tops dont quite cut it, nor do tshirts), as well as actual jerseys in smaller/better sizes
Bras- deffinately need some kind of padded sports bra-ish thing. Maybe a full body protector
Neck gaurds- I have some ideas materializing about more stylish/comfy neck gaurds than the ones out right now
Gloves- er, duh
Hair protectors- most likely just a glorified bandana

Eventually progressing into:
Starter kits for females- cheep clothes male friends/fields can buy for girls, kinda like the jumpsuits they have now. Womens bdu's arealready pretty well covered so i may or may not go there.
Kids clothing- i notice they kind of get ignored too
Specially sized masks- because we all know the issues with that
Elbow/Knee pads- for girls... havent looked into it much
Paintball related apparel- for everydayness

It will probably start out as purely online retail, and we'll see how it goes.

Also, if anyones has statistics on number of girl players anywhere (field owners perhaps??) id love to have them... ive spent countless hours scouring the internet with no avail

#2 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hrmmmmm......sounds........interesting........

as for statistics.....well i by no means am an accurate scale......but from what ive noticed from some events.....per 300-ish players......mebe 12-20 or so were female.

#3 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

Sounds like a great idea if you can get investors (Shark Tank anyone?).
The reason kid's are kinda ignored is because the dang things grow so freaking fast that they would buy a pair of pants and while walking out of the store, they would out grow them. Same reason why I didn't buy pants until I was sure that I was done growing (The Jersey I ordered to be larger enough to grow into).
Yeah women do get ignored also so you have a great idea if you can get it going. I think that dye is like the biggest manufacturer of woman's stuff and even they don't have a ton of stuff, what they do have is overpriced.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#4 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

View PostTora, on Oct 8 2009, 10:08 PM, said:

Sounds like a great idea if you can get investors (Shark Tank anyone?).
The reason kid's are kinda ignored is because the dang things grow so freaking fast that they would buy a pair of pants and while walking out of the store, they would out grow them. Same reason why I didn't buy pants until I was sure that I was done growing (The Jersey I ordered to be larger enough to grow into).
Yeah women do get ignored also so you have a great idea if you can get it going. I think that dye is like the biggest manufacturer of woman's stuff and even they don't have a ton of stuff, what they do have is overpriced.

shark tank?

thats a good point... maybe a less expensive option for kids? make it easier on the parents anyway...

Dye makes nothing for girls anymore.. i guess they used to, but now its all slutty tshirts. Even when they did, it was just pink versions of the mens stuff.

I really want to start from the ground up. no basing off of other companies, no doing what everyone does... i want to design stuff for women and paintball, ignore the rest, and build from there.

i know its not very realistic business wise, and obviously i do plan on making a profit, but i really want this to be more about getting women/young people into the sport... affordable, quality, etc, without having a $120 tag, useless jewels, and new yet unchanged pants every year.

#5 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

Shark tank is show on where entrepreneurs can try to get these loan sharks to invest in their company.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#6 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

I support this but It would be very difficult to pull it off.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#7 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

How about making more padding the front of the jersey/tanktop thingy so you dont need to buy a completely different bra to play?
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#8 User is offline   Gravdigr 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gravdigr

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

One thing to consider, not all girls that play paintball are slim athletic build. I have two friends (sisters) that paintball with my team and lets just say they're topheavy. Another girl there playing was concerned about them taking chest hits and lent them just a top armor vest. It was a nice gesture but barely covered the goods, not at all on the sides (not sure side coverage would be an issue, just throwing it out there). I'm letting the one that plays on my team (her sister doesn't play often) use my full tac vest since it's adjustable and fits around my barrel chest so it should work fine for her for the front at least.

Just saying don't forget the bigger girls, because they play too.

#9 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

Interesting idea, but I think that if you actually want to start a company, you are going to have to make men clothing too. It's not that it is not a good idea, but there is a very small market for girls. I think the last scenario I went to had about 200 people. I think there was 2 or 3 girls.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#10 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

My fiancee plays and we had the hardest time finding pants for her. We managed to find some x-small Invert pants that she could fit into(I think she is a size 0), but they were really long and awkward on her(she didnt exactly fill them out, at all). Whats sad is that they fit perfectly on me(Im all leg, no waist). What worse is that I have no idea what kind of top she should wear... I play in a black t-shirt but that doesnt really work for her. We looked at underarmor's women section to find something that would keep her warm and give her a nice base layer to hold the girls down(along with a sports bra), but they didn't have anything either... So Im pretty sure there is a demand for it. It will just be hard to come up with clothes that will fit a wide variety of women and breast sizes :D

#11 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

hey, that would be a good thing for Moati to look in to with extreame stitch works. You may also wanna write to sideshow and shooting hot and turn this into an article. :huh:
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#12 User is offline   Op4 Delta 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

Hello Becc, I just read through your entire post about bringing a girl to play and also this one and I support your idea. I know selling paintball stuff specifically designed for females is not going to make anyone rich... for now, but at least the market will be all yours.

I have done some gear design myself back in the day and became quite handy with grandma's old singer and then with my dad's PFAFF, yeah men in my family can sew and also make all kind of wood, metal, leather stuff... but anyway, at the begining of 2009 a friend asked me to design a tactical vest for her, she wanted a light design with minimum gear capacity and maximum protection, it ended up being a cross between a corset, a flak jacket and a molle vest, I will post pictures of the finished product when I get permission from my friend.

Attached File  corset_02.jpg (345.93K)
Number of downloads: 17

The MOLLE Flak corset was then sewed by my friend's mom who is a tailor and know about corsets (I don't even know how to unlace them) it is made of thick cotton fabric and has soft cushion padding in order to make it a little bit breathable, but it succeeds in addressing 2 important needs for girls in paintball, protection and ergonomics (is also kinda stylish)

So feel free to use the design and please inprove over it, I hope to be one of your first costumers before my girlfriend's birthday.

This post has been edited by Op4 Delta: 16 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

#13 User is offline   burntearth 

• Government Grunt and Proud of It
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:35 PM

View PostTheEnd, on Oct 11 2009, 09:09 AM, said:

Interesting idea, but I think that if you actually want to start a company, you are going to have to make men clothing too. It's not that it is not a good idea, but there is a very small market for girls. I think the last scenario I went to had about 200 people. I think there was 2 or 3 girls.

I think that's Becc's point - make shopping for women easier, more affordable and attractive, creating more interest. There are already pink and purple markers out there, it's not much of a stretch to have girlier looking clothes/equipment as well. Why not make it more appealing to already athletic girls?

I know from experience, girls look at the gear and photos and such and say "Meh, that's just guy stuff, why would I want to look like that?" (and that's coming from a tomboy). I definitely think there's a market for girls (and kids) gear.

Since I just bought some gear, here's my two cents Becc:

More sizes of gear (from XS to XXL) - it's more expensive to do it this way, but there is quite a big size range, for both guys and girls
Gloves - sizes XS (I have miniscule hands)
Chest protectors - I like the combined shirt/protection idea (I think BT has something like this), however it would definitely need to be tailored to fit curves/chest
Vests - chest protection of course could be combined in a vest (my vest is custom made, and has a pocket to insert a trauma plate/pad - maybe something like that, but a lighter version?)
Jerseys - more range of colors, similar to what Roxy and Billabong put out (lots of light blues, white, purple as well as pink)
Masks/goggles - I agree, we have smaller faces (or thinner and longer) so a wider ranges of sizes would be helpful (for guys as well, as well as girls)

Anyways, that's all I have for now. If I think of any other ideas, I'll let ya know. I think it's great that you have such ambitious ideas at a young age, and here's to your successes! (And just ignore the boys - most of them have no idea what they even said 5 minutes ago anyhow lol)

This post has been edited by burntearth: 16 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users