• You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite Kind of Game Retrothread #12 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

So my favorite kind of game is Free-for-all. We start in the middle of the field as a big group, and then split up, walking way from the center until we can't see anyone. Then we call "Game On!" Then hunt and kill. I'm the king of that game.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#2 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

I personally am a big fan of a game we call the alamo...basically, we have a tower that is surrounded by oil cans...and teams start at opposite ends of the field, the goal, is to get a player into that tower, and once in there they start a stopwatch for 2 minutes...at that point the goal is to just stay alive, so your team has to back you up while the other team rains fire on you...
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#3 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

Both AWESOME! I love a good all on one game on occassion but rarely win haha! It's cool just to see how many people you can take out, while they're all working together to find and eliminate you.

But I'm a huge fan of anything close quarters so my FAVORITE game is anything played in an abandoned building haha!
I love sweep and clear jobs anything where you're assaulting a well defended structure.
But I also love to be on the defense beacuase it allows me to simply reverse my knowledge of dynamic entry to make an assault proof defense haha!
(I love going back and forth on this, it allows you to see from both perspectives why certain dynamic entry tactics works, then on the defense side you get to put your brain to work picking out the weak points of dynamic entry and finding a way to counter those tactics, then back on assault side now you've got a perspective on how people will try to counter your tactics and now you get to build in new things to your basic tactics to counter the counter! It just keeps going back and forth like that and I think it's awesome!)

Once we made up a hostage game and played it. Where the assault side had to rescue a guarded hostage, it didn't matter if they eliminated anyone or no-one on the defense team as long as they got the poor volunteer hostage out. Meanwhile the defense team had to prevent the rescue, making it especially difficult they could just choose to execute the hostage if they needed too. That was really fun. It was even better because it happened to be a night game! So when I played defense I didn the smart thing and just used the hostage as a human shield haha! I posted him up in a doorway, stood behind him, when the other guys got close I flashed my tac light over the hostage's shoulder and opened up on them, their first volley back lost them the game haha! Then I ran away and hid :P so they couldn't even revenge tag me hahaha!

I guess after all my favorite game type is ANY game that's a night game played at close quarters, but with a wide open natural terrain field, so that you aren't restricted to anything. You know, sweep and clear if the mood strikes you or snipe from the hilltop, or play anywhere inbetween. Rare to find fields open and uncontrolled enough to allow this, and expensive when they're legit fields. Nothing is more fun than running around with a folding stocked, stub nosed, CQPB gun flashblinding people with a tac-light at close quarters and never shooting at them from the same place twice. It's like big angry fish in a barrel with guns haha!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

Birthday Ball. It was invented at Carter's (MCB founder) Birthday game two years ago. Everyone plays with pumps and you can only have as many rounds as there are members of the opposing team. So if there is ten, you get ten shots, five you get five. Makes for lots of movement and little shooting unless you know you are going to get them. Sometimes we play ten ball regardless of how many people. Always is tons of fun and makes for the end usually being a barrel tag duel between the final two people. Those with really long markers usually win. LOL T stocks help there. Never had more fun then in those games
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   waldtoftheGreen 

• The King in the North
  • Pip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Barrel sword games.
Everyone takes off their barrel and uses it as a sword, so its basically an epic medieval barrel taging mess of a game
SWEDISH GERMAN NORWEGIAN DANISH
"Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I'll sleep more easily by night."
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

#6 User is offline   Chill_balla 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

I always love VIP games... If you're attacking, it's cool to make suicide runs, play it safe, or sneak around behind. Defending, it's always kinda fun in that desperate way when you're outnumbered and holding in better cover, shooting till you're out. And being the VIP... well... Not always the best, but I've had some good experiences.
Posted Image

Proud owner of a VSC phantom and an Invert Mini

#7 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

im with Chill_balla, VIP games are the most fun for me
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#8 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

These are some EXCELLENT games! I am gonna try some of them out.....someday!
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#9 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

I have to agree, I also love VIP, although I have played some really great games of VIP and some really awful games..for example, if the guards are experienced, and the players attacking aren't up to their playing ability, even if they have great numbers, I find that the newer players just aren't willing to attack...and we win far to easily.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users