• You cannot reply to this topic

Phantom/HPA questions.. I might spend some money Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

So I'm looking into getting a 13/3k tank for my phantom...is there anything else I need to buy like a regulator or something to make it work? Or do I just plug the tank in & roll?

Also, lets say I wanted to run a remote line from a normal HPA size...does the output matter? I noticed that all the 13/3k tanks Ive seen are 800psi output, but my current 47/3k is only set for 400...would this make any difference to a Phantom - or am I just over-thinking this?

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

13 3k will get you a lot of shots. You don't need a regulator. In fact one will starve it since phantoms run on 800-850 PSI and you need minimum of 150 Psi difference between the input and output of a reg for it to be effective. Just run the tank, but know you may need a spring kit. Hpa doesn't put out as much umph as co2, and if the tank only outputs 800 PSI or something lower, you may need to change out your drive spring for a stronger one.

You can run remote fine for a large tank, would be a waste on a small tank as so much gas would be wasted in the remote coil. But if it only out puts 400 PSI it won't power a phantom. Too low.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

This post has been edited by Legato: 19 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

basically here's what you do:

screw in HPA tank
Re chrono (usually you have to adjust upwards as going from C02 to HPA you lose about 40FPS)

done.

Enjoy!
you dont need a regulator. my phantom on HPA gets a good +/- of about 5 ish.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 19 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Many of our team Phantoms run HPA. What we have run into is many of them needed a hotter main spring to get velocity over 250. I have seen two people try to get a little more umph out of their Phantom on HPA and adjut the TPC to far in and desroy the threads on the TPC. Cheap easy fix...but a bummer when you have to wait for parts to fix your gun when a simple spring change would have done the trick.

Other than the spring there was no other changes made to run HPA.

CCI sells the spring. It is also included in the spare parts kit which I recomend every Phantom owner have on hand.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users