• You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#961 User is offline   Vyo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Vyo

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:34 AM

hah.. I'm the one that drag's his butt on the 10+hour hauls south to go play down there.. We'd be going to one in TN had they not screwed up and changed the dates on us. I usually do that a few times a year anyway.. I'm used to driving long distances.

which reminds me.. if anyone is so inclined, I'm headed to Commerce GA in November for a 3 way team game there.. Aliens vs Predators vs Marines. it's an odd set of rules but it works out really well. All 3 teams score points in completely different fashions. each has different populations player wise.. and have different .. abilities. Marines get 50% of people playing, aliens 25%, and preds 25%. marines get points by doing traditional missions. Aliens get points by holding territory (marked by eggs and how far out those eggs are from the hive, the farther out, the more points they get) and Preds.. gather skull cards (everytime a marine or alien player dies they drop a card) marines are on 15 minute reinsertion. aliens and pred on instant .aliens can respwn at any egg location.. preds respawn at a "mothership" base. Preds.. get the "toys" Since they are supposed to be tough to kill , we came up withthe idea for thier invis cloak.. they can carry a shield (shield hits don't count of course). There's lots more to it.. but you get the jist..

#962 User is offline   Vyo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Vyo

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

View PostEL TORO, on Sep 17 2009, 06:44 AM, said:

Well I must say that I have picked up a "new" marker. This one will complement my Invert Mini and my Automag very well once I get it put back together and up and running.

Justin would appreciate this one for you see it is an...

"Old School" PGP pump Pistol.

This marker is older than some of you are. HA HA HA HA

hehe ... look anything like..
Posted Image
mine needs a new 12 pierce pin in it.but they are soooo much fun to play with. hope you enjoy yours.

#963 User is offline   EL TORO 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Godsdog

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

View PostVyo, on Sep 21 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

Well I must say that I have picked up a "new" marker. This one will complement my Invert Mini and my Automag very well once I get it put back together and up and running.

Posted Image
mine needs a new 12 pierce pin in it.but they are soooo much fun to play with. hope you enjoy yours.

I need to get the pin that goes into the striker. Right now ir is all torn apart. I am looking forward to getting it put back together and working so I can play with it.

#964 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

View PostEL TORO, on Sep 21 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

View PostVyo, on Sep 21 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

Posted Image

I need to get the pin that goes into the striker. Right now ir is all torn apart. I am looking forward to getting it put back together and working so I can play with it.

Yeah well looks at this!

http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclipse_Ego_...gotenpoison.htm

Sweet eh? I knew you guys would love it.
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#965 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

So What your saying Andrew is it would be like comparing a Musket vs a SCAR?

Attached File(s)

"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#966 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

But since Paintball is a fun recreational game/sport than maybe a squirt gun vs a Super Soaker would be a better comparison.

Attached File(s)

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#967 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:31 PM

View PostVyo, on Sep 21 2009, 05:41 AM, said:

trying to find the gear I need to pack as I type this.. and do a final pressure check on the gun.. and backup... and trying to figure our travel iteneraries since I've gone and volunteered to drive for this motley crew...

as I ask my my team all the time before an event.. "is it time to leave yet?"

*** well.. my AKA Viking is ready to rock and roll. now to get the rest of the gear ready ;) ***

I am definitely ready to go! Looks like I will be going el cheapo whenever I can this weekend. With the help of my Dad, I got involved with a home improvement project that has been going on for three days now. Hopefully the wife is happy as she has been the one pushing for this little idea. However, my wallet is not. I projected around a $100 or less for materials - I topped $250 today. :P

If you see anyone picking up Fireballs off the ground, it'll probably be me!

This post has been edited by JKR: 21 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#968 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

and I'll be getting the ones that you miss....

Just remember guys- all the logistical grey hairs we're getting pre-trip will soon vanish as the first trigger is pulled and Tippmann foe is begging for mercy

#969 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

*sigh*...I'm throwing this out now...I want no trash-talk...No little one-liners...No quipps...No jokes...No NOTHING...at my expense...For the next few months I want respect and only respect...

...Bring me bullets...

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#970 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

what are the bullets for?

I hear ya man. You've put a lot of work into getting this poo-show off the ground....

#971 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

wow! a little post script....this forum auto edits poo into poo.

****If the above reads "poo into poo" it works

#972 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

View Postathensplayer, on Sep 21 2009, 11:25 PM, said:

what are the bullets for?

I hear ya man. You've put a lot of work into getting this poo-show off the ground....

Bullets are for me...

#973 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

View PostAsphyxiateHeart, on Sep 21 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

*sigh*...I'm throwing this out now...I want no trash-talk...No little one-liners...No quipps...No jokes...No NOTHING...at my expense...For the next few months I want respect and only respect...

...Bring me bullets...

You guys can send it my way if you feel the need to joke around! That many guys together having a good time...well, there is bound to be a little joking around and one-liners and I have broad shoulders. I also have a hardened constitution and thick skin so your barrage of crap will have no affect on the Wraith.

Once at a job I held years ago, a wise man told me something about being picked on. It was a union shop and I was a young punk out of college in my first job in a "management" position so to speak, so naturally I took some heat. The guy that worked closest to me on a forklift often times played jokes on me and picked on me as did the guy giving me advice (a foreman). His advice to me was that if they aren't picking on you and joking around, they probably don't like you. I have always remembered that.
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#974 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:55 AM

I 2nd the Wraith's advice.

Poopity poop poop :)

I just had to see it for myself...

#975 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

Rules for the road...

It's not my job to plan the trip,
to requests I'll answer "no",
it's not my job to say how high,
the radio's allowed to go,
it's not my job to drive real fast,
or give a parental yell,
but let one passenger piss me off,
and see who catches hell!!!

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users