• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Questions about D-Day Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   armored_trooper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:49 AM

I have never been to the D-Day in Oklahoma. I have a few questions of those who have been. First would it be worth coming all the way from South Carolina for it. Second if I were to come, do they have places to stay, or should I bring a tent or what. Third, I'm a dedicated sniper. Is that allowed, do they have the capacity for one on the teams. If theres anything you feel I should know please tell me. Thanks

#2 User is offline   drummerdude1234 

• "dude call PETA!"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drummerdude1234

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

its a great event from what i hear, but i wouldnt drive allll the way up there just for a couple of days.

and im not so sure about a sniper being able to function, beacuse they have mock boats that make it seem like beach landing and and stuff.

lots of running, not much time for waiting for the enemy.-drummer

Broadsword # 3 I like Moes!!!! Check Out My Band-Here!
if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig! Drummers secret plan "Speical" member #11 Are you in a band?

#3 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

View Postarmored_trooper, on Jul 17 2007, 08:49 AM, said:

I have never been to the D-Day in Oklahoma. I have a few questions of those who have been. First would it be worth coming all the way from South Carolina for it.

Yes! Yesyesyes! D-Day is incredible! Just come for the whole week, or as much as you possibly can.

Second if I were to come, do they have places to stay, or should I bring a tent or what.

There are hotels in town, but camping is more fun.

Third, I'm a dedicated sniper. Is that allowed, do they have the capacity for one on the teams.

There are sniper units on both sides, but don't be too attached to the idea of sitting around and waiting for action; even the snipers have to run and gun sometimes.

If theres anything you feel I should know please tell me. Thanks

D-Day is the greatest paintball event in the world. You will not be disappointed if you come. Oh, and come Panzerjager! We need more people!

Who makes the tanks blow?! WE MAKE THE TANKS BLOW!
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#4 User is offline   RPGDAWG 

• Ride Or Die Son
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:39 AM

View Postarmored_trooper, on Jul 17 2007, 09:49 AM, said:

I have never been to the D-Day in Oklahoma. I have a few questions of those who have been. First would it be worth coming all the way from South Carolina for it. Second if I were to come, do they have places to stay, or should I bring a tent or what. Third, I'm a dedicated sniper. Is that allowed, do they have the capacity for one on the teams. If theres anything you feel I should know please tell me. Thanks

It's more than worth it.. We have people from all over the world who come to oklahoma D-Day. This year we had a team of 20+ travel from the UK, a guy from bosnia & lithuania for example. between 10,000 and 15,000 people are on site during the week so it's the biggest paintball event you'll ever see.

Yes, there are hotels (if you prefer ) located about 10 miles form the field that some folks book and stay at.. but you have to book these early as they go quickly... Most people pitch a tent and canopies and camp all week.

As said above, both sides have dedicated Sniper units who take it very serious and also other units usually deploy a few snipers in the field. Just remember tho, it's oklahoma in early June.. it's hot as things can get.

To get more information from players who actually attend the event.. come to the forums on the d-day website and register and ask questions.. people will be more than happy to answer anything for you.

http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/index.php...mf&Itemid=3 direct link to the forums there.

#5 User is offline   JesterTLS 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

View Postarmored_trooper, on Jul 17 2007, 09:49 AM, said:

You wont know if its worth it for you, till you go and find out for your self. Some people think its the greatest game out there, some dont. I live in NC and went this year. Was it worth the drive hauling a tank out there? No. If you go, I recommend flying. Our guys got round trip tickets for $250. I spent more gas then that one way. The guys on the team I was a former member of, love D-Day. They go every year from NC. They are dedicated Commonwealth troopers. It is the most structured game I have ever seen.

Some say camping is more fun, but I didnt get my tent and gear flooded or blown away in that storm this year, as I didnt have a tent, and my gear was in a hotel room. You make your own decisions on that, but I had cable TV, AC, and a pool at my disposal. Not to mention a shower I didnt have to share with a couple thousand other guys. A decent breakfast that I didnt have to cook over an open fire. Those sorts of things. Its the 21st century. Get a hotel. I'm sure camping if fun, but its Oklahoma in June. I vote for air conditioning. I have no desire to camp. I dont want to be one with nature.

Snipers are abundant. Go through the course. You'll learn a few things and maybe get a general kill.

Things you should know?

This post has been edited by JesterTLS: 17 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com

#6 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:18 AM

It's very much worth it :) Try and make it out for 08, it's gonna be a blast :D
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#7 User is offline   ION KING 

• Bow down to the king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tippmann A-5 player

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:20 AM

There are 2 sniper units

allieds-ghosts
axis-don't know

But you probably can't get in these units. You would almost positive to not get in your first year.

EDIT:I'm trying to go too. But it doesn't look good.....again.

This post has been edited by ION KING: 18 July 2007 - 09:21 AM

current WWII reenactment funds $260/ total gear NONE

#8 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:27 AM

Actually, the Ghosts make their final recruitment choices out of the Sniper course
Geisterjager are more of a Rapid Response Team anymore than a pure sniper unit

This post has been edited by jtpaintball70: 18 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#9 User is offline   JesterTLS 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:25 PM

In that case I will put in a plug for Sir Raymond and tell you to join the Heavy Weapons Group with the British Commonwealth forces. You can get info over at DDaycommonweatlh.com Yes they are the crazy guys that pop up out of no where wearing those maroon shirts with WETSU on the back.
Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com

#10 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:43 AM

Hey Proto, you gonna be there? Cause I'm going next year!
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#11 User is offline   Epcnor 

• StaticLine
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Static Line

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

It's more than a "couple of days", it's a whole week! Starting on Monday, there are 2 mini-senarios every day except Firday and Saturday. There are specialized training courses put on by the various units and even a sniper course. Where else can you get all that, as well as night speedball, for only $70. YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT!

Several German units have scout/sniper companies, especially the GJ's and the 6th. The 6th scout/sniper group is led by two SF-sniper types that have a wealth of experience and a great attitude. Both are in the TN National Guard. Both of them actually wore their full G-suits in the AM. One scored a sniper-on-sniper kill.

As to camping, it's all in what you want. If you have shade and have a good tent, as well as some woodsman skills, camping is not as bad as it sounds unless you are near the vendor area. The benefit of camping is that you are on-site when there may be briefings late at night.

Come to the Dark Side and join the German 6th FJR (Airborne)
OberstLeutnant, CO TF Heydte
German 6th FJR, OK D-Day, 2009

Member, Hellions ODA 163
Member, A.R.E.S. El Paso Chapter
Member, MACDEV Militia

#12 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

View Postmrwaterbuffalo, on Jul 19 2007, 04:43 AM, said:

Hey Proto, you gonna be there? Cause I'm going next year!

Of course. I'm going to be third in command of the PJs, heading up Charlie squad. We'll have a tent.

That said, everyone sign up for the Panzerjagers! We have the coolest job on the field: we make the tanks die. It's also the most important job on the field. There is nothing more devastating than a strong tank attack, and we're the only German unit who can stop that devastation. We have performed with distinction in both of our previous years (even this year, despite the loss, the Panzerjagers did exceptionally well), and fully intend to do so again next year. It's a lot of hard work, but it's a ton of fun, so come join us! You can be a gunner or a tank-killer. We'd prefer if tank-killers make their own AT, so they can practice with it.

If you are interested, please shoot me a PM, and please, DO NOT be scared by the prospect of making your own AT! I have now made 7 of them, and Zeke has made even more. Between the two of us, their is a wealth of knowledge, and we would be ecstatic to have other German AT guys to share that knowledge with. Please remember, OK D-Day uses marker-in-a-tube AT, which makes the construction even easier.

So join the Dark Side, because somebody has to be the bad guys! And remember, we've got cookies!
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#13 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:50 PM

HAHA! I'm going with the Commonwealth British/Canadian 3rd Infantry Division! This means I can shoot Protocoach. hehehe.

Now I just need to save up 570 bucks so I can buy a M1-Carine from Eric Engler and I'll be all set.

And I get to stay in a lodge with my team, electricity, plumbing, Air conditioning.

Join the light side, we have all the comforts of home, at war! Oh yea, and cookies
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#14 User is offline   vasmir 

• Delta Paintball Team
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:vasmir

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

View Postmrwaterbuffalo, on Jul 20 2007, 08:50 PM, said:

I just need to save up 570 bucks so I can buy a M1-Carine from Eric Engler and I'll be all set.

You can't go wrong. Make sure you get the M1 with an ION. He had one there this year, everyone loved it.

#15 User is offline   Top Dog Paintballer. 

• A1 steak sauce - Mmmmmmmmm.......Tangy!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Top Dog Paintballer

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

I've never been to D-day and was wondering, whats up with the divisions and groups and stuff?
Do you get assigned to a division or do you just join it?
Do you have to be in a division/squad?
Oh, and how do you know what side your on?
Thanks for your help!

Official Sabre #108 - Yea, I'm a Christian 'baller

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users