Special Ops Paintball: Best Position for someone w/ an A5 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Position for someone w/ an A5 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   fhartell 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

just wondering what would be the best position for someone w/ an A5 & a Response Trigger? Thanks

#2 User is offline   Funka Wunka 

• Beta Force
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Funka Wunka

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

I would experiment, also try not to limit yourself to these "positions." I know I will get flamed for this, but what I can tell you is just get out and play. When I play, I do whatever makes sense. If I see a small team of opsfor on a path, I get low, aim, and shoot a steady 10 bps to take them out. My point is, try and figure this out yourself. I know many people will disagree, and that's fine.

This post has been edited by Funka Wunka: 06 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

Thats a pretty versatile setup, you can do pretty much whatever you want to. I wouldn't limit yourself to just one position either.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:47 PM

Yes.

Don't worry about positions. They're a marketing gimmick aimed at ignorant newbies. Play what you want.

#5 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

Best position with someone who shoots an A5 with an RT: The field. During a game. With paint and air.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#6 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

Good one JackRock. The best way to figure out what your primary position is, is to go out and play. Observer yourself and figure out where you normally find yourself in a fire fight. If you are almost always in the front you are a dagger. If you are almost always in the back providing cover fire you are a broadsword. If in the middle you are a sabre.

Truthfully though the positions really don't mean a whole lot. They are just differant terms for the old fashioned Front, Mid, and Back players. Even then the player positions are still guidelines. The real key to being a successful player is to be versatile on the field. You just have to learn when to make the moves that will win the game. The only way to learn when to make those moves is to play.

#7 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Feb 7 2008, 08:47 PM, said:

Yes.

Don't worry about positions. They're a marketing gimmick aimed at ignorant newbies. Play what you want.

Shhh! They aren't supposed to know that. lol

I dunno, they're still pretty cool.

#8 User is offline   TaCticulMerderer18 

• Tom Kaye, Mike Cassidy, Glenn Palmer and Budd Orr.... DemiGods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shiek

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:34 AM

agreed with the above, just because one has an A-5, doesnt limit you to one position or even a set playing style. just like players with speedball markers (or markers built for use on the speedball fields) can play woodsball.

the positions created by specops are a base title used to seperate the type of player you are. yes, they also use it as a marketing gimmick to attract new and sometimes expireinced players to specific set-ups to make sales. but, just because you have an a-5 with response trigger dpesnt limit you to say "Dagger" or "Sabre". Play how you like, and if one of those "positions" falls onto you rather than visa versa, then so be it, but you have learned that its not always about the gimmick, its just about the game.

Even if you don't see it on the site, we can still get it for you!!!
No, we won't be stocking .50 caliber anything....

#9 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

The best position is a paintball player.

Just get out and play. Then just play naturally. Some people naturally are more of a suppressive fire player, while others do more of the rushing. Play how you want.

I play a few different ways, depending on the event I'm at. Normally, I play limited paint/conservative on the paint and do a mix of firing paint and moving up the field. During major events, I carry more paint and go heavy because there's just more people to shoot and I want the capability to stay out in the field longer.
Member of Team Akkadian

#10 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

i stole this one... its not mine
you play your gun, your gun doesnt play you.
for me, i like to think that i can play dagger.
its all personal preference

#11 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:11 AM

View PostJackRock, on Feb 7 2008, 10:51 PM, said:

Best position with someone who shoots an A5 with an RT: The field. During a game. With paint and air.

ZOMG N00b! H3 can 0n7Y PlAy Br0Ad5w0arD with teh R/T a5!!!one!!eleven!! :D

Just kidding of course. Position depends on the player, not the marker. And I'd like to point out that not all woodsballers are on SO, so when you go to a field as a walk-on you'll most likely be divided into either defense, or thrown into one of multiple attack squads. When you engage, you'll either supress or flank. It's not rocket science and the marker doesn't matter, although that R/T will probably convince your team that you will be good as a supressor.

#12 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

I say switching between dagger, sabre, and braodsword. It's what I have been doing. A gatlin crank, a foldable stock, and a removable bipod so I can deploy as cover fire when I want to as well as pack up and run when I need too
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#13 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

anything really
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#14 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Just play man.... just play...

#15 User is offline   General Biggles 

• The Horde Consumes... And You're Next.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:General Biggles

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

l33t sn1p3r Hax0r would be my first choice.
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users