• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Decisions decisions masks list Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

Okay so I'm down to 3 masks I think...so far.
Proto Axis Pro
Proto Switch FS (what does the FS mean?)
Dye i3 Pro

I really like the look of the i3 pro and Axis pro but I can't seem to find a visor setup for them compared to the original Axis (which has one). Basically I'm looking for solid forehead protection in a good mask with soft ears (preferably). I'll be heading down to my local pro shop to givem all the try-on. Any input from users/owners of the aforementioned is greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by Spitfire151: 03 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

righty, well As a owner of the original Axis mask I am partial to the proto Axis,
However to help clear things up.

The Switch FS is basically a different line from proto, it offers a low/med end mask with the switch lense system, so you get the best lense ( as found within the Axis system) with a not as expensive mask.

Personally Unless you physically NEED to have this mask, honestly the Axis will out-perform in Switch FS series in terms of performance. I'd say go for the Axis system.

Also having worn the I3's which are similar tio the Axis ( think of them as the tourny version,) as at that time only the I3's and Axis were out ( note the Axis pro is 2010)
so the axis were a comfy performance mask, while the I3's were the super leggera ( super light, soft eard version ) of the axis.

As of right now some of the most popular masks are the Flex lines ( specifically the Proflex lines) also with the new I4's and angle Eyes out there are more performance graded masks.

One thing to note, If you have a small head, the Axis line may be a bit "big" in the terms which it does fit big headed people ( medium to large) better then smaller headed ( Small to medium)

any questions?

#3 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

First off, thanks Eskimo for the info. The only real question I have is-forehead protection? What can I buy to add onto the Axis Pro to get this? Do visors fit on? I've searched and found conflicting evidence.
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

The I3 and I3 pro come with a visor.

#5 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on May 4 2010, 05:56 PM, said:

The I3 and I3 pro come with a visor.

Yes but I'm asking about the Axis Pro....why no visor?
SpecOps Feedback

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

The proto Axis Pro is the "speedball esq" 2010 Proto Axis.
And by doing so they added sift ears, make the mask lighter, removed a visor for a more "streamlined" side and all that jazz, so unfortunatly not.

If your looking for for-head protection I should suggest a headband/hat/Upside down T-shirt/cap/beenie/ ghetto fabulas thing.
Which will help keep the mask tight against your head, and prevent sweat from entering the mask.

and if your looking for sun blocking, well get a tinted lense.

the reason visors dont exists as much is due to the fact that SO many people just use other alternatives then a visor.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 05 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users