• You cannot reply to this topic

The Omnipat Review For the East Coast. Special thanks to BAGELS

#1 User is offline   MOCA 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:STEALTH LINE

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

I live in virginia and have leaves, trees, shadows, and greenish ivy.
Testing: Omnipat Ultralite top and bottom
Results: After hiding in many places and having my brother try to find me many times I have come to the conclusion that the Omnipat motto would probably be more accurate if it said "Trust the shadow." I found that It did not really matter where I was, if I was in a shadow, it was hard to spot me from less than 1-3 ft. away. Shadows are not the only thing that the Omnipat Ultralites blended into well, but they are the bases to hiding well in this camo. Another place that worked almost perfectly every time was if I hid in the greenish ivy ( it did not matter if there were shadows or not). However, if I hid in a shadowy place covered in ivy it was nearly impossible to find me. Another thing that I learned was that if you are standing up next to a tree, if at all possible, make it so that there is the sun then you then the person who is trying to find you is behind you sun->You->person trying to find you (In addition to this try to squish as close to the tree as possible and "become the tree" ooooooooooom B) ) When hiding next to trees it is also best to try to find the darkest tree possible to hid by (I don't know about black though- for all you people who live in Canada ;) ). Another good place to hide is by or behind green things. Like a green bush or plant.
Sum Up What To Look For In A Hiding Spot:
1. Shadows should be your base, but are not a must
2. Ivy is AWESOME
3. Sun-> You-> Person trying to find you
4. Dark Trees/Logs
5. Green is your friend

I will try to get pic's up once the camera starts working. Now I will tell stories about this camoflauge that happened while I was testing it out. The review is over, but you might want to read the stories anyway.
Story: I hid right behind a green plant that had a lot of space between the green. My brother came out and walked right past me and I went "Bang, you're out!" He was very surprised. Another time I laid in a shadow in Ivy by a dark tree stump covered in Ivy and my brother walked right around me. I could have lit him up! :ninja: To top it all off I stood by a tree covered in Ivy and he walked right past me and I could have shot him right in the back. I want to thank my little brother for the time he put in to help me test out my camo.
-MOCA B)

MOCA motto- Silentium Trucidat "Silence Kills". Originator of MOCA Masters Of Camouflage and Ambush
SL-68 II Robin Hood Pumper

#2 User is offline   MOCA 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

Time for Pics. Enjoy :)
Attached File  OMNIPAT_022.jpg (31.37K)
Number of downloads: 192
Omnipat in a green environment
Attached File  OMNIPAT_021.jpg (28.25K)
Number of downloads: 129
See how it changes to a more grayish color in the shadows :D
Attached File  OMNIPAT_012.jpg (37.76K)
Number of downloads: 152
Shadow base.
Attached File  OMNIPAT_019.jpg (36.38K)
Number of downloads: 117
Shadow base.
Attached File  OMNIPAT_001.jpg (34.44K)
Number of downloads: 185
Hidng behind something green. Very effective!
Attached File  OMNIPAT_002.jpg (28.97K)
Number of downloads: 126
Me acting like a tree. Sun->me->person trying to find me.
Attached File  OMNIPAT_004.jpg (36.47K)
Number of downloads: 118
Shadow + ivy + tree.
Attached File  OMNIPAT_006.jpg (41.29K)
Number of downloads: 119
Me acting like a log.
Attached File  OMNIPAT_008.jpg (41.66K)
Number of downloads: 71
Same picture but a little different position
Attached File  OMNIPAT_007.jpg (39.62K)
Number of downloads: 69
Shadow + Ivy + laying down = good hiding spot
Attached File  OMNIPAT_009.jpg (40.9K)
Number of downloads: 80
Ivy without shadow.
Attached File  OMNIPAT_010.jpg (36.84K)
Number of downloads: 39
Ivy, shadow, curled up
Attached File  OMNIPAT_011.jpg (40.19K)
Number of downloads: 54
Same picture, but closer up.
Attached File  OMNIPAT_013.jpg (37.35K)
Number of downloads: 53
"Be the log"
Attached File  OMNIPAT_016.jpg (38.92K)
Number of downloads: 83
You can hide in the leaves...if you want to get shot :D
In the regular sized pictures it is pretty easy to spot me, but I am not joking when I say that I ambushed my brother from most of these spots- the pictures do not do this camo justice. I will report back later when I get more people to look for me at the same time.

-MOCA B)

Attached File(s)

MOCA motto- Silentium Trucidat "Silence Kills". Originator of MOCA Masters Of Camouflage and Ambush

#3 User is offline   Aych 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aych

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:51 AM

great review, makes me want to get a pair, where are you in "hidding in something green" i can't find you

#4 User is offline   MOCA 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:12 PM

I am right behind the big green plant in the center. Thanks for the comment!
-MOCA :P

#5 User is offline   MOCA 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

I just got done playing the hide and seek game manhunt with lots of people looking for me. It was overcast so there were no shadows. However, there were many green bushes and plants that were not so dense as to hide me fully, but hid me partially. The camo worked very well when hiding behind these types of vegetation. Once, my friend was chasing me and I went around a corner and hid behind a bush that was mostly just sticks with a few leaf things still on it. He did not see me, and only saw me after I jumped up and ran away. In a paintball game I could have ambushed him. Next time we play I will comment on how the shadows work in this situation.
-MOCA :P

#6 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:02 PM

Well, when I tested mine, I used in an almost all brown area. It worked just as well as with your green ideas. But also there was no shadows. The only time I was found by my dad was when the sun glinted off my lens. So it's not the camo's fault. A funny occurance was when I hid on some brown leaves in the open. My dad thought I had been cut in two and ran over to where I was sitting yelling "Josh where are your legs! Oh sorry". He said he was kidding, but then said that for a moment it looked like only my torso was sitting there, till his eyes adjusted and he saw my legs. The other time is when my German Shepherd traked me down, but how can you hide from him?

This post has been edited by The Shepherd: 28 December 2007 - 08:03 PM

#7 User is offline   MOCA 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, there was a dog helping one of the people trying to find me too. That is how they found me twice. Can you put up a pick of the type of brown you hide in. I would really like to be able to use this camo to its full effectivness. Ya, ghillie hiding without a ghillie. The only other time I was found when I was hiding was because I was overly confident and too agressive. <- Look for a topic on that later in the...sniper section? I don't know where to put it?
-MOCA :dodgy:

#8 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:20 AM

Well seeing actual non-publicized real life pics of Omni pat I'm just not impressed at all. Basic military sniper techniques just win out in every photo from real life that you can obviously tell the photo was never "shopped".

I'm just waiting for people to come back down from all the hype.

This is why I've chosen to get some multicam for fall.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#9 User is offline   MOCA 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

So, are you saying that sniper "techniques" always win out or that you would rather have a ghillie suit. I don't really understand what you are saying. And yes there is a lot of hype that is not true, like saying that it can blend in with pretty much any environment, which is not true. However, just like any other camo pattern this camo does have places where it should be used and places where it shouldn't. It also has certain parts in the woods that are better to use this camo in then other parts of the woods. This review is more of a guide on where to use the camo and how to use it effectively. And, if you think my photos were "shopped," I don't know if you do or not I don't want to assume anything, but to set the record straight they were not.
-MOCA :huh:

#10 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Nice pics, in the first 2, you can see how the surrounding colors bring out the colors in the pattern. Your right, these pictures don't do Omnipat justice. Why can't cameras take accurate pictures of it?

When, in a game of paintball, would you hide out in open like that. I know that I never do. So don't criticize that point. like all camo patterns, Omnipat is most effective when you are concealed behind small brush and stuff that would break your outline.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#11 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:24 PM

View PostMOCA, on Jan 1 2008, 04:37 PM, said:

So, are you saying that sniper "techniques" always win out or that you would rather have a ghillie suit. I don't really understand what you are saying. And yes there is a lot of hype that is not true, like saying that it can blend in with pretty much any environment, which is not true. However, just like any other camo pattern this camo does have places where it should be used and places where it shouldn't. It also has certain parts in the woods that are better to use this camo in then other parts of the woods. This review is more of a guide on where to use the camo and how to use it effectively. And, if you think my photos were "shopped," I don't know if you do or not I don't want to assume anything, but to set the record straight they were not.
-MOCA :wub:

Nah I have a ghillie. I'm just saying that there are photos out there in magazines and on the web that make Omnipat look like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and from honest picture like yours (in which I applaud your photos as being truely un altered photo) and others posted here like yours you can see it's just a fractal multicam pattern of sorts. I'm very aware that there probably are differences in colors chosen just as with any slight variation of any camo (The USSR even did that with copies of US Woodland BDUs for standard Soviet camo), but it can be spotted like any other camo out there.

These techniques can be found out from anybody who meets a veteran military sniper (As I have) or maybe various other means because all snipers across the world are drilled in these proceedures.

However I can't tell you if you don't know :) Who knows, you might play against me and it might not be fun :)

I'm just tired of the hype. It's not like I don't recommend omnipat I just don't like the hype of it.

Omni from the same photos is a very good pattern. It can be a wise purchase if you try to use it knowing what you wanted from it and that it is realistically capable of delivering.

But the hype I've seen about it is as realistic as carrying only an M9 into an open environment warzone with subsonic ammunition. The ballistics and weaponry will comeback to haunt you. Camo is like using ordinance, you'd better make sure you apply it correctly or you will have some serious problems really fast.

But enough of this. I have enjoyed this topic to a point and look forward to more factual info. Keep it up MOCA, thanks for seperating fact from hype :)

Try not to take this personally guys :) I'm honestly trying to keep this thread going. If anyone is offended you have my appologies.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#12 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:55 AM

good points :D

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#13 User is offline   MOCA 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:48 AM

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on Jan 1 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

But the hype I've seen about it is as realistic as carrying only an M9 into an open environment warzone with subsonic ammunition. The ballistics and weaponry will comeback to haunt you. Camo is like using ordinance, you'd better make sure you apply it correctly or you will have some serious problems really fast.

Even though I only play with a pistol I get your point, and totally agree with you. Omnipat like any other kind of camouflage is a tool and needs to be used correctly. And just for you here I go: OMNIPAT IS NOT THE BEST CAMO FOR EVERY ENVIRONMENT. Next I will where special ops digi on top and Omnipat on the bottom and see how it works.

Now for a little more review on Omnipat while playing manhunt. It was not overcast this time so I got to play in the shadows, and I learned one thing. Use shadows as a base (by themselves, shadows, are not very good to use by themselves with this camo) However, I have not played at dusk or in the night and when I do I will come back to report on how it works in deeper darker shadows.
-MOCA :D

#14 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

lol at MOCA B)

By an M9 I ment a real M9 9mm semi-auto.

paintball pistols, alot of them (the quality ones) can have the same range as a regular marker.

yeah the Omni is decently dark one has to keep it in mind when running around I agree.

dusk photos should prove interesting :panzer:

#15 User is offline   xscout 

• Texas OPFOR Team Leader
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:xscout

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

Any updates? I have some friends here in SE Texas taking a hard look at omnipat as an all weather camo, and your photos are the best "real world" ones I've seen yet. Keep 'em coming, please!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users