• You cannot reply to this topic

A5 Stock Question

#1 User is offline   Hubb 

• Let's do dis!!
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Hubb

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

I've been thinking about getting a new stock for my A5. I really like those wire frame stocks. I've found two different ones that have features I'm gunning for; The Trinity A5 stock has the RVA but the Longbow stock has the airthru. Is there a way I could combine the two to have the RVA and airthru? I'm thinking that I would be able to tap into the frame of the Trinity stock, but I don't know if it's hollow or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hubb

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

View PostHubb, on Jan 16 2009, 12:05 AM, said:

I've been thinking about getting a new stock for my A5. I really like those wire frame stocks. I've found two different ones that have features I'm gunning for; The Trinity A5 stock has the RVA but the Longbow stock has the airthru. Is there a way I could combine the two to have the RVA and airthru? I'm thinking that I would be able to tap into the frame of the Trinity stock, but I don't know if it's hollow or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hubb

I'd be less inclined to tap an RVA if it were possible, it may affect the integrity of the stock and therefore the air system.

A does look handy, but is effectively an adustable version of cutting the spring. The A5 should be adjusted at the veocity screw, and if there are problems remaining replace or trim the spring.

I'd say go for the airthru.

There was a recent case of a marker swap which included an A5 but the stock blew apart.
http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic....f=11&t=6409
No injuries and I understand it's all been resolved amicably. But its wise to be careful about interfering with the integrity of a stock on an A5 as it joins part of the HPA internals.

Tapping into a stock without RVA etc has a better chance of maintaining the integrity, but a stock designed as air-thru is much safer.

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 16 January 2009 - 11:32 AM

#3 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

You could drill out the longbow for RVA so long as the bolt holding the stock to the back plate is off center. Drill it tap for a grub screw and you're set.

#4 User is offline   Hubb 

• Let's do dis!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hubb

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Tommikka: I'm less inclined to do an RVA job myself. I looked over that link it it seems that the guy got a JUNK marker. I kind of feel sorry for him.

Is the Trinity A5 Military stock hollow? If so, I can simply drill holes through the tubing and run a line through it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users