• You cannot reply to this topic

A-5 probs ASA being stupid Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

I'm having problems with my stock ASA on Tippmann. Ok now for the description, ok here we go. So when I screw my 12oz CO2 tank directly in the ASA, there is no leak and it operates fine. It works fine with a remote also.

But when I use a 20oz CO2 tank or an HPA tank, it leaks out of the ASA and doesn't seal. I have tried everything to fix this but have been unsucessful. First I started by just putting oil on the o-ring on the tank and on the threads but it didn't work. Then I replaced the o-ring and still no results. I also tried one of my friend's tank because I thought it might just have been bad threads on one of my tanks but it did the same thing with his. I even tried teflon tape but even that didn't seal it.

Anybody else have this problem? And how did you fix it? I'm thinking of replacing my ASA with a new aftermarket one instead of just getting another stock one. Does anybody know if they make an On/Off ASA that attaches right to the A-5 grip without any adapters? Cuz I really don't feel like spending like $80 on an adapter block, a weaver attachment, and then the on/off ASA.

But it for sure has to be an on/off one. What are some good brands that last a long time?
Thanks

#2 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

have you tried to replace the 20 ounce o-ring? that might do it
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#3 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

View PostSneaky Sir, on Mar 3 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

I'm having problems with my stock ASA on Tippmann. Ok now for the description, ok here we go. So when I screw my 12oz CO2 tank directly in the ASA, there is no leak and it operates fine. It works fine with a remote also.

But when I use a 20oz CO2 tank or an HPA tank, it leaks out of the ASA and doesn't seal. I have tried everything to fix this but have been unsucessful. First I started by just putting oil on the o-ring on the tank and on the threads but it didn't work. Then I replaced the o-ring and still no results. I also tried one of my friend's tank because I thought it might just have been bad threads on one of my tanks but it did the same thing with his. I even tried teflon tape but even that didn't seal it.

Anybody else have this problem? And how did you fix it? I'm thinking of replacing my ASA with a new aftermarket one instead of just getting another stock one. Does anybody know if they make an On/Off ASA that attaches right to the A-5 grip without any adapters? Cuz I really don't feel like spending like $80 on an adapter block, a weaver attachment, and then the on/off ASA.

But it for sure has to be an on/off one. What are some good brands that last a long time?
Thanks

Tippmann doesnt make or sell On/Off ASA's, but before you do get an on/off, you would first need to get a Uni-Mount for the On/Off to mount to....I have one on my A5, just in case I wish to mount something, plus its easier for me to hold the Grip better.

As for an On/Off ASA, Trinity On/Off also with the On/Off, if you plan to use a Remote Line with it, make sure the On/Off is on the On Position or no air/co2 will go through.

#4 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:05 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Mar 3 2008, 07:37 PM, said:

make sure the On/Off is on the On Position or no air/co2 will go through.

So THAT is how they work! Wow, thanks for clearing that up for me. I went and got one of those cheap Off/off ones and was wondering what was wrong. :laugh:
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#5 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

View PostJKLNHYD, on Mar 3 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Mar 3 2008, 07:37 PM, said:

make sure the On/Off is on the On Position or no air/co2 will go through.

So THAT is how they work! Wow, thanks for clearing that up for me. I went and got one of those cheap Off/off ones and was wondering what was wrong. :wacko:

:laugh: Thats really hard to believe, especially coming from you!

#6 User is offline   3rd Recon 

• Coming Home to CA soon!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:3rd Recon

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

ahah it might be cheaper to go to tippmanparts.com and get a new stock one, not $80 but not an on/off either
Tippmann Owners Club #63 - My Feedback +4/-0
Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money

#7 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

View Postgonnabeafrogman, on Mar 3 2008, 10:23 PM, said:

ahah it might be cheaper to go to tippmanparts.com and get a new stock one, not $80 but not an on/off either

Yeah,
Give me a day, I might have one laying around here. It's yours if I do and you live in the US...don't get mushy.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#8 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:32 AM

I had the same problem. If your marker is still under warrenty just call tippmann and tell them your problem, they should ship you a new one for free.

This post has been edited by KRA SHARPSHOOTER: 04 March 2008 - 05:33 AM

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#9 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

View Postflorentine, on Mar 3 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

have you tried to replace the 20 ounce o-ring? that might do it

Yes I have tried that (I think I mentioned that somewhere in my first post, and if i didn't, i guess o well)

View Postgonnabeafrogman, on Mar 4 2008, 12:23 AM, said:

I would prefer an on/off because I just don't like the style of the stock ASA

View PostKRA SHARPSHOOTER, on Mar 4 2008, 06:32 AM, said:

I had the same problem. If your marker is still under warrenty just call tippmann and tell them your problem, they should ship you a new one for free.

No my marker isn't under warrenty anymore, I already contacted Tippmann about it, and they said they couldn't replace it for free.

So now my question is, what is a good On/Off ASA that will attach to a uni-mount that is fairly inexpensive (Thanks for the mention of the Trinity one before, Evil Fingers)

This post has been edited by Sneaky Sir: 04 March 2008 - 07:53 AM

#10 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

CP makes nice ones. Also, there are some cool ones on ebay that look like grenades. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

The Trinity On/Off is just a reference, you'll have to look around on the Net for one thats within your budget.

Look in Craigslist or Ebay.

#12 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Mar 4 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

The Trinity On/Off is just a reference, you'll have to look around on the Net for one thats within your budget.

Thanks again though. And I like how the CP one's look but I don't want to spend $80 on an adapter block, rail, and then the on/off ASA. I'm going to check out craigslist though.

#13 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

View PostSneaky Sir, on Mar 5 2008, 11:00 AM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Mar 4 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

Thanks again though. And I like how the CP one's look but I don't want to spend $80 on an adapter block, rail, and then the on/off ASA. I'm going to check out craigslist though.

$80 is really nothin once you put everything together on your A5 and it will Pay for Itself in the Long Run.

#14 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

It is probually the o-rings on the larger tanks.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#15 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:58 AM

View Postjunckie25, on Mar 5 2008, 03:54 PM, said:

It is probually the o-rings on the larger tanks.

No I went to a local hardware store a few days ago and bought the proper replacement ones for them, but even that didn't fix the problem.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users