Special Ops Paintball: Cheap, Simple, Effective Upgrades - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cheap, Simple, Effective Upgrades Just been thinking... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Pheonix250 

• Rec Rookie - POP *snick*
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PHOENIX250

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

Aside from mask, HPA, barrel and hopper, what are some upgrades you can get for an autococker that:

1. Make a noticeable difference.

2. Are easy to do.

3. Are relatively inexpensive.

Just been thinking about it for future reference when I get my Trilogy Competion in and I scrape up the money.

Thanks!

Automag, 2k3 Autococker, Trilogy Comp. Sniper

#2 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

LPR. Grab a Palmer's Trilogy LPR, and you'll be happy.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#3 User is offline   swrs3001 

• I Love Explosives!
  • Pip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

The best mod that fits that criteria would be a good barrel, or barrel kit. If you don't want a kit, get a palmers barrel, they are the best available.

#4 User is offline   667675765 

• has retired from the sport
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

How about a simple tune-up, thighter timing, re-oil, -rebuild, new gaskests/rings, and its 100% free.
QEVs are about 10 a piece and can help in a number of ways outside of speed (thier apparent use).
Smaller or lighter components such as a pump-arm or a hammer
Springs- enough said
Regulator Sweet Spot.

I could go on and on, it depends on whats important to you.

#5 User is offline   JayRecball 

• Ref/Player
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

for a tril, a tech t trilogy 3 way shaft kit wouldnt be too bad etiher.

give you a more control over your trigger timing

#6 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:30 AM

Well, the rebuild shouldn't be necessary... yet. Barrel, obviously, but you already knew that. The timing rod is good, however, it adds another step to timing the gun, which you might not want to deal with. Really, that LPR is going to improve speed, consistency of the stroke, and efficiency. And QEVs don't mount to a stock Trilogy ram, so you'd need a new ram... not worth it.
Feedback.

#7 User is offline   Pheonix250 

• PipPip

Post icon  Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

Well, as it stands so far, The gun I just bought comes with a LAPCO Bigshot, which I hear is pretty good. I'm also planning to make it open class pump by getting the PMP industries trilogy pump kit.

As for a new timing rod, because I'm new to autocockers and paintball in general (only really played twice) I'm trying to avoid tinkering with the timing otherwise I might mess it up.

Thanks for the advice on the LPR I'll probably look at getting one later, but what would be the best one? How would the Palmer's compare to an Orracle Tickler?

How do springs help? What does replacing them do?

What would it cost for an LPR/spring kit/lighter bolt or hammer?

This post has been edited by Damaku250: 10 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

#8 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

LPR is only for a semiauto cocker, not a pump. Palmer's is the best, and the trilogy needs a funky one, not a standard tickler type. Springs, eh, it can wait. Bolt might be good, about 25 for a delrin job is a decent price.
Feedback.

#9 User is offline   Tippmanns :-) 

• Dont give up
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:hellmiran_guy

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

springs do wonders for only $7 brand new -ebay-
crazy efficeieny increase and trilly's have a bigger air chamber in valve for much lower operating pressures and less shootdown

skip a trily comp though...

get either the trilly pro (fullsize hinge, nicer looking,less plastic) or the trilogy SF Pro....the sf pro's go for $135+ new (iv seen used but only tested ones sell for $100 even) and the non-sf's go for $99 new or less its used or tested.

but for a bang for buck and most visual boost in performance:
1. Spring Kit $5-$10 Efficieny Boost, Lower operating pressures.

2. Adjustable In-line Reg. $15-$100. Depends if you go used/new or Higher-end/lower end....I say buy a WGP BlackMagic reg for $25 on ebay...these are honestly my favorite regs (these and WGP Sto's...same internals diff appearance/body). Adjustable and crazy consistent and crazy cheap. Iv got a BlackMagic Reg and an Eclipse Reg for sale for same price of $25.....an adjustable reg makes life so much easier to 'sweet-spot' your cocker...and springs will be a pain to adjust without an inline reg thats externally adjustable...

3.Barrel Kit. Crucial for accuracy. Crucial for less ball breaks. Crucial for Closed-bolt markers, so you dont have balls rolling out your barrel...$50-$200 depending used or new and what kind....best bang for buck is probly a J&J Edge (Gargae) as theyr cheap but i recomend an empire Revolver...they're just over $100 new with ???4-5 inserts??? and much cheaper used...

4.Eblade or SF Frame Upgrade...will cost $100-$225 depending if you get the SF frame (not the trilogy SF frame....the one that is on superstocks and blackmagics) which is <$100 used...e1's sell for 150ish and e2's around 200....youl need a trilly eblade adapter though (only $10+ i think)....huge firepower upgrade.

LPR is not needed unless you want true optimal performance...they barely do anything anywho...waste of money for a first upgrade...only needed for 20bps+ for less shootdown on your ram.

Qev's on your ram arent as bad an idea...just only pay $5 a peice...not $15 or $12.50...aka used lol.....itl help lower shootdown as well by helping cycle faster (for your ram obviously lol)

On/Off asa for preference and convienience...

Trinity has a feedneck sleeve so you can have a clamping feednack over the stock feedneck

I dont know the bolt length for trillys...i think it is 2000+ not Evo length...in that case you can buy really lightweight delrin bolts for less kick and lower op. pressure....Slik is the lightest and best.(stay away from aluminum...its heavy lol and wears down

Although i prefer Traditional cockers more (there is more selection in body styles and more upgrades without tweaking) Trilogy's have the huge advantage of a bigger valve chamber...which is very useful when you have an electronic frame and want low-low-low operating pressure and no shootdown...so thats my fact supporting trilogy's if someone suggests otherwise.

goodluck
Feedback! plz post if u havnt yet... Thank you

Barrels for Sale

^^^A-5, 98c, Autococker, freak, boomstick, flatline^^^

#10 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:52 PM

-if you're going pump you wont need a new frame(especially electro) becaus ethe 1 and a half is okay imo on a pump.
-i would definitely get a new reg though. any are good just make sure if you're using CO2 get one that works better on CO2(they all work on anything some are just better suited)
-bigshots are nice if you're using big paint but especially in a pump you might want a kit or smaller bored barrel

can't think of anything else atm but (begin Schwarzenegger voice) ill be back (end Schwarzenegger voice)

#11 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

I disagree with a lot of what has been said above. Supposing you want to keep it on the cheap, the Trilogy stock regs are already sweetspotted (350psi), and the springs are already matched properly. Why mess around with all that, if you don't need to?

The LPR is important. The stock LPR is set around 80-90psi, because it is slow and inconsistent. You should grab an adjustable LPR from Palmer's, if you intend to keep it semi, because optimal pressure is about 70psi. Anything more is wasted air. With QEVs, 60psi, but you would need to tap the back ram hole for 10-24, or buy a high-end ram (ANS Mini, Eclipse, Moody, etc.).

A reg cannot hurt, though. ANSgear.com sells Eclipse regs for 40 bucks. Great reg, if not the best dealer. Used regs run cheaper. I say, though, if you want to go pump, get a Trilogy Sport, so you can use unregulated CO2 from a 12g changer. Different valve, worth it.

And don't waste your time on a SF kit. And "Tippmanns:)" seems to have not thought things out entirely, because mounting an E-blade on a Trilogy takes a bit of custom work. Meaning a lot.

If you're going pump, get a Sport (or a comp with a good reg), a pump kit, a delrin bolt (2k length), and a few more barrels. .686 and .691 are the other sizes you should have.
Feedback.

#12 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

He's already ordered his. I think it's in the mail right now.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#13 User is offline   Pheonix250 

• PipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

View PostDamaku250, on Feb 10 2008, 12:43 PM, said:

Well, as it stands so far, The gun I just bought comes with a LAPCO Bigshot, which I hear is pretty good. I'm also planning to make it open class pump by getting the PMP industries trilogy pump kit.

:unsure: lol....
Btw, I'm running it off of HPA
Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier

If I do switch it to semi later on or if I have the cash, I might look into a new reg ...
The paint around here is generally larger, so I think I might be okay with the Bigshot, but the Powerlyte Scepter sounds pretty good.

This post has been edited by Damaku250: 11 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

#14 User is offline   667675765 

• has retired from the sport
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

I hadnt noticed it was a trilly earlier that will definetly slim upgrades a little bit HPA is always a good choice - clean and consistant. Comps come with a reg so switching to a newer reg wont give you any issues- I suggest AKA or palmer if you have the cash, but CP is also a very good choice.

#15 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:23 PM

He already has an HPA tank. I think he's been looking at the Evil Detonator at ANS, it's only $15 or something...

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users