• You cannot reply to this topic

Alpha Black Boxmag Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE ASSET

Post icon  Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

So I saw Warwitch's AMAZING TM-15, and wanted to do something similar with my Alpha Black. So I did. I have to say Thanks to Warwitch for paving the way and this was based totally on his design. It would've taken me ALOT longer if he hadn't already figured out the hard stuff. I've only test shot it in the yard, but have a game tomorrow so it'l get a proper workout!Attached Image: IMG_0592.JPGAttached Image: IMG_0595.JPGAttached Image: IMG_0593.JPGAttached Image: IMG_0596.JPG
One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.
If I said something to offend you, I probably meant it.

#2 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:33 AM

id have to say, thats probably one of the best looking box mags ive seen, awesome job!
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#3 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

Thanks! I just got back from playing, and well it worked great- for a little while. Unfortunately it's pretty cold out today, and I had some cheap paint, and got a couple breaks in the feed port and it gommed everything up. So, I'm bout to strip everything down and clean it and will never ever put cheap paint in this thing again. I think I'll upgrade the rotor in the internals as well.
One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.

#4 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

So I had some questions 'bout this project so I'm postin some pics of the build. Sorry I forgot to take pics of everything when I first got it. But I used a dremel to clear out the inside of the mag, and a holesaw for where the warp hose goes and for the ripdrive. The hole is actually in the wrong spot in this pic, I had to patch and re-drill more towards the top.(wasn't paying attention)Attached Image: IMG_0581.JPG I also cut up a 140 rd. pod to use for a loading port. I used 1 min epoxy, loctite brand to attatch it. Don't use super glue! If your careful, you can use some of the plastic removed from the internals for a tray to place the batteries. I wasn't careful, so I used some plexi.Attached Image: IMG_0583.JPG I cut the feed tube off the halo b tray, also cutting some off the bottom of it, and glued it as such.Attached Image: IMG_0584.JPG A copper elbow slides nicely over this piece. A better pic of inside, with the relocated hole.Attached Image: IMG_0614.JPG I also had to trim the battery shelf so the hose would pass. I cut between the wire on the hose, then stretched it over the copper elbow, then taped it for good measure. I also used some automotive spot putty to smooth out around the load port.Attached Image: IMG_0587.JPG

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: IMG_0616.JPG

#5 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

Heres the internals, not hooked up, but you get the idea.Attached Image: IMG_0617.JPG I wrapped the batteries in elec. tape, it was sprinkling off and on the last time I played. Had to cut this to fit the batteries.Attached Image: IMG_0618.JPG Now to hooking it up to the marker... I took the original feedport and cut it like so.Attached Image: IMG_0586.JPG I had to leave the latch with the screws in it, or it won't stay on the marker. I also cut the copper elbow at an angle to fit it tighter. I used Quicksteel putty to bond the two pieces.Attached Image: IMG_0588.JPG I was also able to leave a small window to make sure it was feeding.Attached Image: IMG_0591.JPG I sprayed this part in OD green and hooked everything up. I also cut the back off of the halo b shell and used it to hold the board and on/off.Attached Image: IMG_0585.JPGHeres some of the materials I used.Attached Image: IMG_0590.JPG All this stuff can be found at walmart or your local hardware store. Anymore questions feel free to ask!Attached Image: IMG_0592.JPG

#6 User is offline   stormtrooperofdeathnz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

Very well done, I might be doing up some box mags to sell to guys in our club so I hope they don't find this and do it themselves.

#7 User is offline   Rabidd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

how much would you say it cost you to make this?
And how many rounds does it hold?

This post has been edited by Rabidd: 09 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

#8 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

I love these mods...

-Tenacious

#9 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

Thanks again guys! As for cost, I'm not really sure, since I don't remember how much each item cost. I know the box itself was $25-30, I believe the warp hose was somethin like $10 and the halo b I got on eBay for about $50. Plus all the glue and supplies, paint, new batteries- I'd say I have less than $100 in it, give or take $10. Not bad for somethin that gets so many looks and compliments when I play. I'm actually out in my shop right now doing some upgrades to this cause I had a few problems with feeding reliably. I'll try to post some pics later of my fixes if possible, since my computer suddenly hates this site and I can't seem to post.(thank you iPhone)

#10 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

Oh and this holds about 140-150 rds, though I've never actually counted.

#11 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

lowrider4lyfe, on Jun 11 2010, 11:20 AM, said:

Oh and this holds about 140-150 rds, though I've never actually counted.

So it holds sleightly more than a pod?

(that could be a bad thing because you'd have to virtually drain your entire paint supply before being able to reload.)

-Tenacious

#12 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

Well, I'm more of a point and shoot guy, not a spray n pray guy, so I usually make it to break or the end of the game before I need to reload, though if I think it's gonna get heavy, I'm not against a tactical reload and leaving some paint in a pod.

#13 User is offline   stormtrooperofdeathnz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

What were the feeding problems?

#14 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

stormtrooperofdeathnz, on 20 June 2010 - 12:37 AM, said:

What were the feeding problems?

The mic had a hard time "hearing" the marker when I shot. Had to cut a little more plastic to pick up the sound better. And I was having trouble keeping the feed tube alighned with the elbow on the marker with all the running, jumping and diving I tend to do in a game. So I made a new elbow out of PVC, which seems to fit better.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users