• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apex or J&J kit?

#1 User is offline   Dralb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

I am new to the sport and am looking to get a new barrel or kit for my gun. I am torn between the Apex barrel or a J&J edge starter kit. My gut tells me the kit is better as, even though it won't have the range of the Apex, it will give me more options for a proper paint/barrel fit. I play woods ball, so the distance is not as important as the accuracy. I have a 98C that came with HPA, elec. hopper and drop forward. (please don't tell me to get a new gun, I am just looking for advice between the 2 barrel choices I listed)

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

The edge kit would be your best bet, especially if you plan to keep your 98 for a long time. Even if the field you go to keeps with the same paint all the time there are still minor variations in the batches. Over the last 5 years my home field has used Nelson paint, Draxxus paint, RPS, and Diablo paint. Some of it was caused by losing a distributor, and some of it was caused by which ever manufacturer would give him a better deal for tournament teams going to World Cup.

#3 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

The Edge is expensive, but I hear it's a good system. If you're going to be using a lot of different paint, then get the edge, if not I'd go with a regular ceramic (.688) if you can always use paint that fits it. J&J sells an apex adapter, so you can use both the J&J barrel and the apex tip! Problem solved. I plan on doing this myself, actually.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users