• You cannot reply to this topic

Scepter 4000-A Grenade Launcher Product Review

#1 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Beaker

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:30 PM

I recently traded for a new Scepter model 4000-A launcher for my A-5. Best trade I've ever made. The launcher is very well constructed. It will stand up to the rigors of extreme use with no problems. Installation was simple, and the launcher came with all necessary hardware for a basic install. I had to get a few parts for a custom install, but it was only a few fittings. Here is the installed product:

A-5 with Scepter Launcher

The grenades all have to be hand made, which can be a drag, but also makes you more aware of what you are shooting at. The grenade kit from S.C.S. includes everything you need to make grenades, including eye protection. How about that? Someone that cares about safety! The grenade making process is relatively simple, and takes about an hour to make 25 grenades. Just make sure you do this part outside. My ceiling took a grenade hit and the old lady is not thrilled.

Now the fun part of the review. The launcher shoots flawlessly. Loading the sabots is kind of tricky the first couple of times, but once you've got the hang of it, it's a fairly quick process. The launcher is good for about 75 yards shooting at a 45 degree angle. The grenades explode with a 15 foot kill circle, and have had no duds, with the exception of a couple premature explosions. Once loaded, make sure you don't point the launcher down, or the grenade will fall out of the sabot. The launcher is also capable of firing grapeshot loads (15 paintballs stuffed into a sabot). This is especially handy for clearing bunkers. give the door at least 10 feet so the balls can leave the sabot and BAM! shotgun blast clears the room. This is extremely effective. Just ask anyone who played the village at hell survivors with me.

Overall, this is an excellent product and well worth the money. The intimidation alone is enough to make your opponents head-hunt you every game just to make sure that they aren't on the business end of your marker, but that's what we want, isn't it? I'll be at MMG '05 and TWC '05 if anyone wants to see this in person. Hope this helps - Mike

#2 User is offline   grey fox 

• Theres something fundamentally wrong with a talking hamburger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name: grey fox

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:33 PM

Great review, I'm actually glad someone jumped in with both feet on this thing- I am considering it as a future purchase andI'm glad someone has already had some experience with it.
Ghost of Christmas Past from the future chicken...."Thousands of years ago when I survived the quickening"..........

Team Captain- Phantom Cell -
Warrior Poet
Maker one damn fine White Russian

#3 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 17 July 2005 - 08:15 PM

its well worth the money man, i highly suggest it. I dont want to steal beakers thunder, so if you wish to see my review of the grenade launcher, check out www.pbreview.com, mine is the 1st one listed.
Coming soon.

#4 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 17 July 2005 - 08:33 PM

It's cool, my review is up on pbreview also. If you wanna see this thing in action, I'll have it at MMG and TWC. I'm bringing a crapload of grenades, so if you wanna shoot it, come find me. I've got a jungle stalker cops vest that has my username on the back.

#5 User is offline   PAINTBALL-SLIPKNOT 

• what the heck are these blocks for
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE GHOUL

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:49 PM

that looks kool next year i planon buyin a A-5 and mod it and mite get one, but how do you shoot it i didnt see a trigger or nuttin
Even Angels Cast Shadows
Holy friggin crap this sport has changed on me!!!!

#6 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:35 PM

Posted Image

That little button fires the launcher.
Coming soon.

#7 User is offline   Bushman68 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Woodsballer49

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:12 PM

does anybody have a scource that can show me how to make the grenades?

#8 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:31 PM

Bushman68, on Jul 27 2005, 02:12 PM, said:

does anybody have a scource that can show me how to make the grenades?

The instructions come right with the kit to make the grenades. If you didn't get the instructions, you can get them at scepter-combat.com.

#9 User is offline   NeoArcher 

• Proud Admin of Clan NeoDawgs
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NeoArcher

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:37 AM

What's the reload time?

#10 User is offline   Trojen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zero Pain

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:29 AM

Great review... I have a low pressure system on my A5, is there any way the lancher will A) fit and :D work with the low pressure system... Thanks :ph34r:

#11 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:56 PM

The reload time is probably about a minute. It takes a little bit to stuff the grenade in far enough to shoot it. That would be the products only downfall.

As for the LPK question, if you still have your air coming in at the bottom of the grip, then look closely at the pic in my first post. It uses it's own steel braided line to the air inlet and has a dual port adapter, so low pressure won't be a problem.

#12 User is offline   Explore 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Explore

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

Going by personal expereance, the Scepter launcher also does a terriffic job launching dinner leftovers across the street when wrapped carefully in a paper towel.

#13 User is offline   MIDNITE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:27 PM

does anyone know where i can get the specs on the scepter 4000?

#14 User is offline   Explore 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Explore

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

What specs do you need?

#15 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:40 AM

well hopefully someone's still reading this... anybody have any idea what online retailers might have one of these with a weaver mount? I've heard they exist but can't find them anywhere. Of course i haven't called scepter directly yet either...
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users