• You cannot reply to this topic

OTHER!!! people are so greedy sometimes... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

ok, i know it has been mentioned before [two years ago] and then necro'd [one year ago] but i would like to re-enter this position into the "contest" that is this sub-section.

OTHER: its simple, universal, and the answer to all of our needs.

If we had a position titled "other" then when we played a day in a way that did not fit into the molds of the current mix, we had an option! This position would not have levels [basic/senior/master/elite] because there is an infinite amount of positions available and you can't be a master of everything.

So what do you think?
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#2 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

View PostWrzesinski, on May 26 2009, 03:59 PM, said:

ok, i know it has been mentioned before [two years ago] and then necro'd [one year ago] but i would like to re-enter this position into the "contest" that is this sub-section.

OTHER: its simple, universal, and the answer to all of our needs.

If we had a position titled "other" then when we played a day in a way that did not fit into the molds of the current mix, we had an option! This position would not have levels [basic/senior/master/elite] because there is an infinite amount of positions available and you can't be a master of everything.

So what do you think?

I'll repeat myself briefly. It should be "other", but it should be customizable. AKA, people make up what they want. I mean, who wants to be an expert "other"? It should work like the pics and the player comment thing. The kids could make up logos, insignia, position descriptions, etc. It would be the perfect outlet.

I am against an "other" that is just that. If you can't change it, it is pointless.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#3 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

Ok, well, I'm pretty sure this isn't actually a position. This is just everyone. We are all other. It basically defines your average paintballer. Which, everyone is always saying that's what we are, and that the positions are phooey or whatever. But, I'm pretty sure they won't make an actual position called other... Although, maybe that's what you're getting at. Oh well, i guess I'm an Other Sniper or something like that lol.
Ok, well, i don't know, im a little sleepy.

Sincerely,
Urban Ninja

#4 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

^^^"This is just everyone. We are all other."^^^

Wow... That's deep.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#5 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

that is what I meant, it would be other _______ where you would insert your position name here. Be it dual wielding pistol pump player, grenadier, rocket launcher, or whatever. As for the picture it would be cool to have an avatar builder in flash so that users can create and save their own avatars for that position. [i know that is asking alot of special ops since the whole brigade project has been abandoned for the time being] Im SURE that someone out here knows how to program flash and it cant be too hard to make a simple avatar creator with the basic outline, an input box where the user can put the big letters as well as the smaller name of the position, the complicated part would be the image, maybe a grid that you can color in each box or an image upload. Then you would have to have to export the image and import it to the brigade.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#6 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

But, there in lies the problem. If we are all other, and other does not get upgraded or better or bring any entitlement other than other, what is the point of making it a position. Wouldn't it be a mutual concept understood and implied by all paintballes, including those who have never seen this? It's almost like saying im a Quarterback Football player or a Goalie Soccer player. It's simply attaching an unnecessary word on to a name or title. Im a human highschooler. Do you get what I'm driving at? I'm a little sleepy right now, so I'm not sure how clear I'm being. Other might as well encompass all that we are. the definition of other could be that we have a heart and breathe oxygen even... I don't know... I'm not exactly high up on the education scale, but it all seems unnecessary. At least the other SO positions have some sort of limiting factors and style, such that the name actually indicates what type of person they MAY be, not that they have to be it, but that they may encompass some sort of skills and tactics befitting the position's name...

And yeah, an avatar maker would be nice, but if you really want your own, you can just go make them. There are free softwares that can allow you to make simply frame by frame moving avatars and such. Its what I use on the few avatars I've ever made. But, since I have a broad range of things I like, I kinda just use anything i like off the internet.

Man, I bet I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and read this and think i was a total idiot or something
Peace out.

Sincerely,
Urban Ninja

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users