• You cannot reply to this topic

Q Loader Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

All of those problems are easily remedied with a little ingenuity. I agree that the system needs some work and that is why I tossed the hoses and went with copper pipe. It works much better now though I still have a little tweaking to get things just right. I like the system because it is the only thing available besides warp feed (I couldn't bear to have that on my marker) and spring-feed that will keep up with my RT-Pro and does not sit on top of the gun. Large hoppers are taboo so Revvy's and Halo's are not even an option for use with any of my markers.

About the q-pods not coming apart: I fully dismantled all five of my pods and put them back together.

This post has been edited by Woodbender: 01 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

#17 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 30 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

Yet another person finds out just how badly the Q-Loader sucks. I tried to make it work. I really did. But I'm through trying, especially now that the piece of junk won't even hold a prewind anymore. It's in a drawer and will never see the light of day again.

As I have told you before, your Qloader has a life time warranty. If it it damaged and not working you can get all the broken parts replaced. You could then sell it on Ebay or where ever you choose. You have chosen only to complain about the Qloader and say that it "sucks". That certainly is your prerogative. For anyone that is interested in the Qloader or would like support for their Qloader I suggest you go to www.qloader.com and click on the "forum" link.

#18 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

This thing never worked right to begin with. I had 1 pod dead on arrival. I followed all the directions, and still had nightmares. At its best, it was a pain. At its worst, it resulted in my switching markers. Why would I put good money after bad by spending a lot of money on shippng to get it warranteed when it's not worth using to begin with? It's so bad I won't even pay the shipping for it. And the selling price for used Q-Loaders isn't that great. They tend to have problems with them. Go figure.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 02 July 2008 - 12:40 AM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#19 User is offline   chappy350 

• The General
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chappy350

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jul 2 2008, 12:37 AM, said:

This thing never worked right to begin with. I had 1 pod dead on arrival. I followed all the directions, and still had nightmares. At its best, it was a pain. At its worst, it resulted in my switching markers. Why would I put good money after bad by spending a lot of money on shippng to get it warranteed when it's not worth using to begin with? It's so bad I won't even pay the shipping for it. And the selling price for used Q-Loaders isn't that great. They tend to have problems with them. Go figure.

I have 4 different guns outfitted with q-loaders, a 98 Autocker, 98 Custom, my Pump Cocker and a tipmann C-3, Never had a problem that couldn't be fixed or Ancient wouldn't take care of.

If you have issues with only having 100rds available at a time then really thats your fault for not seeing that to begin with, i'm a conservative shooter with extremely accurate set-ups so carrying only 600 rds onto the field at a time is no big deal for me. When i want to lay paint heavy i break out the A-5 which i kept Q-loader free simply for the purpose of wanting something i could hit heavy with if need be.

Obviously you need to do your research first and figure out if a q-loader is something that would benefit you, for me it does a tremendous job, my only downside is here in Ohio we play all winter long and on those really cold days i can't use it because the balls get brittle and smash inside. Yes the loading system is a pain in the butt, but thats a well known fact and you should have seen it before hand, or you could do what my team and i did, simply use a standard elbow and retrofit the feed tube to an electronic hopper, it works so much better then the over the shoulder one that comes with it.
www.Arctrooperspaintball.com
Scenario Team Supply
www.battlefrontpaintball.com

#20 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

I wish we could construct a defenitive Q loader thread but that will never happen so once again my two cents.

I have had a q loader a year and a half.

I use it and I like it.

Pros

Low Profile
Clear line of sight
no jangle of balls when you move
I like reloading without spilling balls or poping the top of my pod druing movement or when grabing it blind
No Batteries

Cons
100 rounds
Cost a lot
Neet to have alot of pods to make good use of it $$$
Loader sux (Like most Ihave a home made loader that works great)

Other comments

The experience of your Q varies witht the marker and set up

I find it rock solid on ION, Automag, and Tiberius

I had problems with Double fed on A-5 and did not want to change winds to correct it as then the spring would not be "Right" for my Automags and Blackcell ion. (If you only have it on a A-5 you can definitely tune the spring for no double feeds)

I hated the SP-8 Kit and could never get it to work right.

It takes a person who is willing to tinker and work at understanding the system but once you get one diled in just right it can work very well and is stable

Regarding construction. I don't find it cheap and they have improved materials as problems are revieled. If you have a prob they have a lifetime warantee and will honor it. Very good customer service and the q forum is great.

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#21 User is offline   viper_72 

• Death Dealer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith_72

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

what it honestly comes down to in regards to this loader is like with any other loader, or any other piece of equipment for that matter, its all about a personal feel. For some people, based upon their gun and style of play, would love this set-up (i do!) others wouldnt because of the same factors. The best thing to do before you make the INVESTMENT, because that is what it is, you would best be served by trying out the system, preferrably on the same gun you have or want to install the qloader onto. I know very few people who would buy a car "sight unseen" without: looking at it, turning it on, driving it around, etc. this should be no different. Some of the issues that have been brought up in this thread have already been addressed by the maker Ancient when they released their 2nd gen system. Pods come pre-wound, a little better engineering, etc. I installed my kit in one hour and played with it that weekend. I had no problems whatsoever and loved the feel it gave me on the field, but then again, the system, like paintball guns, masks, jerseys, vests, etc etc etc is not for everyone...

Pros:

great balance on gun
clear sightline down gun
incredible feed capability (fast enough to keep up with RT valve)
no batteries, board upgrades, etc.

Cons:
high purchase price
no field loading pods
awkward filling system (solved easily by using electronic hopper directly on qpod to load)

bottom line, if you read the directions, install properly, and take care of it like all other paintball equipment, it will work fine. but the main issue is not/should not be the system, the focus should be on people understanding that the system isnt for everyone and trying one out before you buy it is the best thing to do.
Excerpt from "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley

"In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloodied, but unbowed."

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users